Disney restaurants that are popular that are not very good anymore.

VJiko-We may be the only folks on the Disboards that think it's overrated, but it's overrated. Serving sizes are tiny, didn't care for the taste, and the cost was exorbitant. It was just OK the first time, the second was unimpressive, the third with be at Sanaa or Mara instead.

I'm with you on Jiko and it's faux African cuisine. The first time we went we wondered what the hype was about, and figured maybe it was because we were somewhat conservative on the menu choices. The second time, with the SIL's family (who are real foodies), everyone came away with a similar impression. So, Jiko is on our "no go" list.

Also on our "No go" list is LeCellier. We enjoyed it 15 years ago, but the last two times we went were a total disappointment. So many other steak houses have opened at Disneyworld that there's no need to put up with spotty service, dungeon-like atmosphere, and less than perfect food preparation.

This is why I rarely do TS meals. For me, I’d rather spend my money on other things than over priced mediocre food. We do try to do Be Our Guest lunch so that we get that experience and I also leave the parks for a couple meals during the week that are actually good and usually less expensive.

Now that both Morimoto Asia & Hoop De Doo have both had Hep A issues, they're off my list!
I had to wonder if the Morimoto employee didn't move to Hoop De Doo....just seemed a little peculiar happening 2 different places so close in timing.

I had to wonder if the Morimoto employee didn't move to Hoop De Doo....just seemed a little peculiar happening 2 different places so close in timing.
No. The Morimoto issue happened last November. They are not connected. The employee would not have been allowed back at work until cleared by the health department.

Nobody contracted Hep A at either restaurant. An employee of those restaurants was found to be sick.

I REALLY, REALLY wanted to like Ohana, but after my first visit this past November I was disappointed and that bummed me out. All the food was ok, but so not worth the price, I would much rather spend that kind of money at California Grill.

It really turns my stomach to think of the lack of hygiene at these places & really turns me off of any of the food...

Ohana, Kona, BOG (all 3 meals), San Angel Inn and sadly Boma.

Boma is still OK but not the quality of food it once was.

Service has also declined and the last time I was at Boma, it was a rush you out the door with my bill delivered mid meal. I ignored the bill but got the message.

Not sure if anyone has a restaurant at Disney that they used to think was great but now will avoid.

For me its OHANA. First time I went I really enjoyed it. Although I did get some undercooked poultry it was still very good.

Last time I went in November I couldnt figure out what all the hype was about. The food I though was pretty mediocre and some of it downright AWFUL. The only good part of the meal was the skewered meats although the steak was VERY TOUGH. Chicken and Shrimp were still good.

The noodles that they brought out reminded me of Ramen Noodles. Qas very disappointed and think it will be my last visit to OHANA.

So I would say we never have had any exceptionally high expectations of Disney restaurants, outside of some signatures. Most table service restaurants at Disney are meant to feed the masses reasonably good food in a relatively quick manner, with some fun theming. They do that just fine and we have zero complaints.

What I will say is that with the addition of all the new restaurants at Disney Springs, we are finding more places that are serving above average food and we are quite pleased! :)

There are a lot of restaurants that I like in WDW, but few that I would say that I love. Sure I have a few favorites such as Narcoossee's, California Grill, Blue Zoo and Jiko that are favorites of mine. There are also a few that I really dislike a lot such as LeCellier, Ohana (dinner) and Be Our Guest... But overall since I started going to WDW in 2008 ( Late bloomer and not all that long) I have noticed a real decline in the uniqueness from one restaurant to another. They are quickly becoming cookie cutter menus but with a different name outside the door and a different decor and theme. That in my opinion is a result of the Disney Dining Plan. :goodvibes

There are a lot of restaurants that I like in WDW, but few that I would say that I love. Sure I have a few favorites such as Narcoossee's, California Grill, Blue Zoo and Jiko that are favorites of mine. There are also a few that I really dislike a lot such as LeCellier, Ohana (dinner) and Be Our Guest... But overall since I started going to WDW in 2008 ( Late bloomer and not all that long) I have noticed a real decline in the uniqueness from one restaurant to another. They are quickly becoming cookie cutter menus but with a different name outside the door and a different decor and theme. That in my opinion is a result of the Disney Dining Plan. :goodvibes

Is the dining plan itself? Or is it the guests that purchase the dining plan who want the same thing with a different name at every restaurant? :rotfl:

I bet the dining plan was great in the beginning...

TIFFINS!!!! Wow were we disappointed. Food was ok, Prices and portions were not acceptable. We left hungry and had to get food elsewhere. Our friends used two dining credits and we paid out of pocket, value was absolutely not there

Nothing personal, but you should educate yourself before you make statements such as this.
Not sure how educating myself further would make me trust people I can't watch to see if they wash their hands after using the bathroom would help me want to eat their food. But, ok...

Not sure how educating myself further would make me trust people I can't watch to see if they wash their hands after using the bathroom would help me want to eat their food. But, ok...

Meaning the employee who was infected with Hep A was removed from workforce and treated. There is no danger in eating at these restaurants.

Is the dining plan itself? Or is it the guests that purchase the dining plan who want the same thing with a different name at every restaurant? :rotfl:

I bet the dining plan was great in the beginning...
I'm sure the DDP has had a lot to do with the decrease in uniqueness of the restaurants and drop in quality at some.
It has made the restaurants much more crowded as well.

For us, it would be Ohana (not what it used to be), BoG (didn't live up to the hype, haven't tried the new version yet), San Angel Inn,

We didn't enjoy 50s Prime Time last trip. The food was kinda blah and our waiter complained to us each time he came to the table how Disney didn't have enough staff and they were over worked. I felt bad for him, but you can only say, "That's too bad. I am really sorry." so many times and it just gets uncomfortable.

It will be a while before we go back there.

We didn't enjoy 50s Prime Time last trip. The food was kinda blah and our waiter complained to us each time he came to the table how Disney didn't have enough staff and they were over worked. I felt bad for him, but you can only say, "That's too bad. I am really sorry." so many times and it just gets uncomfortable.

It will be a while before we go back there.

That would have annoyed me to no end!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter