• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Resorts to start charging parking fees....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe they will add the fee to your resort folio, best guess is that each night is added separately instead of a lump sum at the end, but we shall see.

It's been brought to my attention that it is possible the information about possession of accessible parking placards waiving the fee is erroneous...gotta wait on that too now.

Sorry no, I didn't press him for more info.
Just on the news. Rates for value resorts will be $13.00 a night, moderate resorts will be $19.00 a night and deluxe resorts will be $24.00 a night. This starts on 21 March.

One of the reasons why I haven't stayed at the Swolphin is the resort fees. The resort often looks cheaper than the Epcot resorts, but when you factor in the resort fee, it's often on par. Plus you don't get DME.
But now, if Disney is going to charge another $34/night for parking and not drop their rates, Swolphin looks much more appealing, and probably would work out to being cheaper.
Although I'm not sure about the $34... Valet parking, I believe, is only $25. So non valet parking will be cheaper? That seems rather odd.
Valet parking going up to $33.00 a night at Deluxe resorts.

Another thing I dont understand is the tiers. Why is the Value parking less expensive than the Mod and deluxe? The price of a deluxe is already ridiculous, the parking at a Deluxe is worse than a Mod or Value, but the Deluxe guests with a car pays the most?

Another thing I dont understand is the tiers. Why is the Value parking less expensive than the Mod and deluxe? The price of a deluxe is already ridiculous, the parking at a Deluxe is worse than a Mod or Value, but the Deluxe guests with a car pays the most?

Its likely based on average costs of the hotels rooms. Resorts that charge more for rooms, cost more to maintain. Not saying the pavement of a parking lot costs more but no one has said the parking fee is to maintain parking lots either. It goes to maintain the overall resort.

Should this say "Wallet Misery World - Where Dreams Get Fleeced" ? Starting to wonder....

walt_disney_world_welcome_sign_by_wdwparksgal-dargsa5.png

Waiting for the charging of fast-passes next. RCI guests are already paying a resort fee, I can see this expanding as well.

Its likely based on average costs of the hotels rooms. Resorts that charge more for rooms, cost more to maintain. Not saying the pavement of a parking lot costs more but no one has said the parking fee is to maintain parking lots either. It goes to maintain the overall resort.

Wouldnt resort maintenance be covered in the $500 - $1200 / night mediocre hotel charge...plus tax? Or the overpriced meals? Or overpriced daily park ticket? Or overpriced park merchandise? Why dont they charge each diner/shopper/monorail jumper/pool hopper $1 - $2 and leave the overpaying resort guests alone!!

Hate to say it, but if push comes to shove with my budget, then my 20% tips on overpriced food will probably be cut to 15% to compensate.

Our food bills are around $700 per day $35 bucks saved right there.

Disney also has to be profiting by giving DS hotels the ability to offer their guests entrance to EMH and 60 day FPP booking. Anyone know how this works? Do the DS hotels pay a fee to Disney for ability to offer these services? Do you think the DS hotels will now increase their rates because they can offer these services?

So this is not cool but my question is if we fly and and don’t have a car then we don’t pay the fee how would they keep track of who’s parking where and how many nights playing a trip for next year and plan on flying in using dme and Disney buses and not renting a car I sounds like I won’t have to pay the parking fee if I don’t park

So this is not cool but my question is if we fly and and don’t have a car then we don’t pay the fee how would they keep track of who’s parking where and how many nights playing a trip for next year and plan on flying in using dme and Disney buses and not renting a car I sounds like I won’t have to pay the parking fee if I don’t park
My guess is it will be attached to the magic band, if you come in by car they scan your band - that way they would know who had a vehicle on the lot and who arrived via MDE.

That is not the case at the Poly with the flood of people to dine at Ohana for breakfast and dinner. In addition, all the guests for the luau at night and Trader Sams Not to mention the few other guests who just park there to hop the monorail to the MK, or drink around the monorail loop.

At the Contemporary, the parking is good for the walk to the MK, Chef Mickey and the popular Cali Grill at night.

Both resorts are very difficult to find any parking when I come back around 5pm from a waterpark or HS/AL just to shower and change for dinner. And now I have to pay for the aggrevation?

Last year at the Yacht Club the first 4 - 5 nights, they had a convention with many business rental cars. It was also very difficult to find parking those days. One say I had to park at the Beach Club and walk to the Yacht Club. When the convention goers left, it was a lot better.

As I stated above, if Im not guaranteed immediate parking, I for sure will march to guests services and ask for my $25 back each time Im driving around 10 - 20 minutes waiting for some free parking diner to leave.

Exactly. As I said, there’s plenty of parking FOR RESORT GUESTS. If only resort guests were allowed to park at the resorts, there would be parking left over. It’s the shoppers and diners that cause the parking shortages, not the resort guests.

I was disappointed, frustrated and angry, trying to process ( aka justifying the money grab) for this latest UPcharge!
Then the dh saw it announced on TV here in fla... and said
it’s the final straw... not renewing AP’s, :( and I respect the decision.

Honestly, we typically stay Deluxe and drive so it has a significant impact for us. ( if we repeated our visits next AP cycle, parking would add $456 for us, that’s CRAZY!)
I think that the deluxe prices we already pay at Disney are not justified when compared to other Deluxe hotels outside. I’ve always justified it by appreciating the total Disney immersion versus the actual resort rooms/amenities.
So long AP’s/on site... if we return at all!

Disney also has to be profiting by giving DS hotels the ability to offer their guests entrance to EMH and 60 day FPP booking. Anyone know how this works? Do the DS hotels pay a fee to Disney for ability to offer these services? Do you think the DS hotels will now increase their rates because they can offer these services?
I think if the DS hotels increased fees they would be losing business. I am sure they are paying some type of fee to Disney to advertise as a "good neighbor" hotel and offer perks of 60 day fast passes - but hiking prices would drive a portion of the business to other hotels in the area. I wonder how the car rental business in Orlando feels about this. I imagine it will impact the number of rentals.

My guess is it will be attached to the magic band, if you come in by car they scan your band - that way they would know who had a vehicle on the lot and who arrived via MDE.

That’s not necessarily going to work either, my parents (snowbirds) pick us up at the airport and drop us at the resort. No ME, but no parking either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter