Disney resort wedding on budget

beaut1016

Earning My Ears
Just got engaged and looking for small wedding at disney resorts for under 20 guests. Looking into escape pkg since memories doesnt allow that many guests. Any way to save money ideas?

the escape package starts at around $4750, i think, may be more expensive for the wedding pavilion and the canada pavilion.

The escape package includes the basics of what you need for a simple disney wedding, floral for bride and groom, violinist, limo, cake, champagne, photography, etc.

you are required to buy more drinks for the champagne reception if you have more than 6 guests [correct me if i'm wrong anyone!]
you also need to stay 2-4 nights in a disney resort.

aside from the above, you don't need to spend any more money on your event. you will have your ceremony, then a cake cutting ceremony with champagne.

if you want, you can then go onto any of the disney resort restaurants for a meal, or you have arrange a reception through disney, but this will trigger a $7,500 minimum spend.

if you want any extras such as characters, the Magic Kingdom photo shoot, a dessert party or more, then that is when the costs start to stack up!

i would recommend buying carrie's passporter guide to disney weddings and honeymoons, as it will have all the information you are looking for! :D

Have you considered a small wedding at the Swan and Dolphin?
A Disney resort wedding for considerably less money than the smaller DFTW packages. Highly recommended!!!

I agree with the above post that the escape package pretty much has everything you need but if you want some special extras, they will cost you. Not sure if you are set on a DFTW wedding but they also do weddings at the Swan & Dolphin resort (with packages you can customize and make your own) and at the Coronado Springs' Rix lounge. Just some alternatives to look into if you dont have your heart set on DFTW's Escape package.

Just throwing in more ideas from my experience because we also wanted a small wedding with under 20 guests!

We did the Escape package at the WP, which cost a little more but was worth it considering it rained on our wedding day and through the ceremony!

We make our own invites, I choose an inexpensive wedding dress, and we didn't get a lot of extras beyond what the Escape package included. We did "splurge" on an outside photographer, which didn't even add much to our overall cost. Good luck! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter