Disney resort to Volcano Bay?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
Anyone ever visited the VBay water park but staying at a Disney resort? Did you Uber there? Or drive yourself? Pros or Cons to both? Other alternatives?

Regardless of whether you drive or Uber, you'll have to take a bus from the parking structure to the park entrance. It's not a long drive and there are signs telling you where to go.

The parking fee just increased to $32/per day and if you tell the attendant that you're going to Volcano Bay, they'll direct you to a section of the parking lot that is closer to the bus stop. Driving yourself would definitely be closer to the bus stop than the ride share drop off as you are dropped off on the top floor of Jurassic Park.

You wouldn't be able to do a ride share drop off at Aventura or Cabana Bay, which both have a walking path to Volcano Bay as they each have a gate that requires a room key to access. However, you don't need a room key to exit Volcano Bay to these hotels so if you're using ride share you can catch one from either hotel.

Regardless of whether you drive or Uber, you'll have to take a bus from the parking structure to the park entrance. It's not a long drive and there are signs telling you where to go.

The parking fee just increased to $32/per day and if you tell the attendant that you're going to Volcano Bay, they'll direct you to a section of the parking lot that is closer to the bus stop. Driving yourself would definitely be closer to the bus stop than the ride share drop off as you are dropped off on the top floor of Jurassic Park.

You wouldn't be able to do a ride share drop off at Aventura or Cabana Bay, which both have a walking path to Volcano Bay as they each have a gate that requires a room key to access. However, you don't need a room key to exit Volcano Bay to these hotels so if you're using ride share you can catch one from either hotel.
Thank you. In your opinion, would a one night stay at one of those hotels be a better choice for a VB day?

Thank you. In your opinion, would a one night stay at one of those hotels be a better choice for a VB day?
Are you going during the peak summer months? If so, then I would consider it if the price was right. If Cabana Bay is $300+, then probably not.

I've only been to Volcano Bay in the summer and the early park admission was so valuable to be able to ride Krakatau 2-3 times before regular guests were allowed in the park and you could grab a chair in the shade.

You could also grab a room at one of the Endless Summer resorts but you would also need to take a bus to the park entrance.

Are you going during the peak summer months? If so, then I would consider it if the price was right. If Cabana Bay is $300+, then probably not.

I've only been to Volcano Bay in the summer and the early park admission was so valuable to be able to ride Krakatau 2-3 times before regular guests were allowed in the park and you could grab a chair in the shade.
Never have I went to Disney, during a peak time. Always, always, go during a lower crowd level. Maybe next year at the end of August. Just doing water parks in Orlando only. Just brainstorming.

Never have I went to Disney, during a peak time. Always, always, go during a lower crowd level. Maybe next year at the end of August. Just doing water parks in Orlando only. Just brainstorming.
August is peak hurricane season, so just be aware that your day may be rained out by the afternoon. The park basically shuts down when there is heavy rain and thunder in the area.

August is peak hurricane season, so just be aware that your day may be rained out by the afternoon. The park basically shuts down when there is heavy rain and thunder in the area.
Good to know. May need a possible two days then. Thanks for the advice. First week of May might work better.

Maybe next year at the end of August. Just doing water parks in Orlando only. Just brainstorming.
We're supposed to get a free water park visit with a Disney resort stay. You should do that as well as Volcano Bay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter