Disney Resort ROOM Picture Thread

PrincessV said:
I just found this thread and thought I'd contribute some pics from my last stay...
119896WDW1205_064sm-med.jpg

...a 'Where's Waldo' contest!!! [...sorry, :confused3 I know that was 'corny'....]

ead79 said:
You're right about the LONG hike to the lounge from the garden suite! I have since heard that there is a back stairway that leads right up to the lounge area--whenever we get to stay there again I'm definitely going to ask about that so we can save some walking, LOL.

We'll be at Disney Nov. 26 - Dec. 2, and at the GF for the second half of that (Nov. 29 - Dec. 2). We're trying the Sugar Loaf Concierge this time (couldn't swing RPC this time around).

We found that stairway, thanks to Denny, one of the Concierge. However, you still have to hoof it up 3 levels of stairs, as you can't come in on another floor.... :rolleyes: So, either way, it was still a hike... :teleport: Our 1207 was directly under the lounge...go figure... ;)

When we went to GF a few weeks ago, we started out in SL. Had we never stayed in RPC, it probably wouldn't have been a big deal, but, IMHO, it just didn't compare. But, we had a terrible experience, so that probably put a damper on it. I hope you have better luck! It was just SOOOOO crowded in the lounge, it was hard to even get around. I think you're stay will be much better, though! :wave2:

I just read through all 33 pages in one setting!!! I had never thought of POR, but those pictures look great! And I'm in love with the Deluxes!!!

We're staying at the Pop Century as part of our "research" trip, but my personal favorite is the Wilderness Lodge.

Great pictures!!! Thanks for sharing everyone!!

Hey you know the picture of the "old" TV armoire in WL room with the bears on it? I have that same armoire in my bedroom!!! Talk about bringing some Disney home with you huh?!?!

luvpoohbear said:
Great pictures!!! Thanks for sharing everyone!!

Hey you know the picture of the "old" TV armoire in WL room with the bears on it? I have that same armoire in my bedroom!!! Talk about bringing some Disney home with you huh?!?!
I saw furnishings from the Polynesian and Wilderness Lodge on eBay and was seriously tempted. If they ever rehab the Boardwalk Inn and auction the current decor, I'll be bidding for sure!

Was re-uploading some pics after the great PC crash of 05 and thought I would share some of the Animal Kingdom Lodge. These are of and from room 2305 Kudu Trail.

07-25-2006102126AM.jpg

07-25-2006102420AM.jpg

View from the top bunk :teeth:
07-25-2006102633AM.jpg

07-25-2006102806AM.jpg

07-25-2006102956AM.jpg

07-25-2006103136AM.jpg

Maria-

Thank you for the awesome OWK pictures. We are very excited to say there, well, my SiL and I are pumped, for the 4 kids it will be a total surpirse, I love that!

And Cinderellafan, OMG!! What an absolutely fabulous room. I had No idea that the GF was hiding rooms like that! Your room and the view are breathtaking!! Thanks for sharing!

Sarah

Sorry to be dim--

I keep seeing RPC whenst talking of the GF. I feel silly but could someone tell me what that stands for? :blush:

Sarah

Sarah said:
Sorry to be dim--

I keep seeing RPC whenst talking of the GF. I feel silly but could someone tell me what that stands for? :blush:

Sarah
RPC stands for Royal Palm Club. It's the concierge level inside the main building at the GF. There is also lodge concierge called Sugar Loaf Concierge. Hope that helps! :)

Thanks Elisabeth, I feel more in-the-know now!!

What are the perks of the RPC, nicer rooms? Snacks? The room pic looks absolutely gorgeous, what a dream!

Thanks!
Sarah

Sarah said:
Thanks Elisabeth, I feel more in-the-know now!!

What are the perks of the RPC, nicer rooms? Snacks? The room pic looks absolutely gorgeous, what a dream!

Thanks!
Sarah
The main building has regular rooms, honeymoon/deluxe rooms, and various suites. The regular rooms in the RPC are the same as the rest of the GF rooms. Essentially you get the following things when you stay concierge level:

--pre-planning assistance: the concierge staff can make advanced dining reservations, tours, fireworks cruises, etc. for you. They can also help to arrange having things in your room when you arrive. For example, they could have a Pal Mickey waiting when you check in (you would pay for the Pal Mickey). This service can be very helpful. They are generally very good about getting hard to get reservations like Cinderella's breakfast if they have 90 days notice, but it's still not a guarantee.

--on-site assistance: the concierge staff is also available once you check in to help you with any last minute arrangements.

--lounge food offerings: the concierge lounges at Disney's resorts offer food service throughout the day. It's not a meal replacement plan (except for maybe at breakfast), but it's nice to have some midday snacks, evening hors devours, and cordials and desserts later in the evening. At the GF RPC they also offer afternoon tea with scones. We enjoy having a little something to snack on occasionally, so we like this offering. It's not a meal replacement though.

--private access: the GF RPC levels are key card protected, so non RPC guests can't access those floors. At some Disney resorts concierge is in a separate building (like at the Poly). This makes some people feel more secure.

Hope that helps! :)

This thread has been wonderful! The pictures are awesome. Thanks so much to everyone for sharing!

My hubby and I are planning a last minute trip to Disney in December to celebrate our five year anniversary. We had hoped to rent points for a DVC stay however; it seems we are a bit late in the game for that. I am trying to sell the idea of springing for the extra cash and staying at the Dolphin. Anyone have any pictures of the renovated rooms at the Dolphin? That would really help our decision making!
Again, thanks for posting all the great pictures! Wonderful idea for a thread!
Tabitha
:)

Here are pictures of our room at All Star Music (it was room #7549 in the Broadway section).
asmu3.jpg

asmu2.jpg

asmu4.jpg

asmu6.jpg

asmu5.jpg

asmu7.jpg

asmu8.jpg

asmu1.jpg

Cinderella Fan said:
You are more than welcome.... I couldn't believe the size of that room. It is bigger than the master bedroom in our house!! I was in heaven, and I didn't want to come home!! :guilty:
Was this a concierge room????

TwingleMum said:
Was this a concierge room????
Her room was one of the honeymoon turret rooms in the main building. It does have concierge access.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter