Disney Resort guests able to park at other resorts?

UVAmy

Earning My Ears
If we have strollers and are willing/able to walk from nearby hotels (Contemporary to MK & then Boardwalk Inn to HS) can we DO THAT? Overnight resort guests have to pay...but do Disney owned resort guests from OTHER properties have to pay to park at other resorts? Yes, I know resort guests park for free at all the theme parks....but emptying and collapsing strollers to board trams at the beginning and end of day after waiting in transpo lines is a real buzz kill and we would rather just walk. We are staying at Ft. Wilderness if it matters. Thoughts? TIA

If we have strollers and are willing/able to walk from nearby hotels (Contemporary to MK & then Boardwalk Inn to HS) can we DO THAT? Overnight resort guests have to pay...but do Disney owned resort guests from OTHER properties have to pay to park at other resorts? Yes, I know resort guests park for free at all the theme parks....but emptying and collapsing strollers to board trams at the beginning and end of day after waiting in transpo lines is a real buzz kill and we would rather just walk. We are staying at Ft. Wilderness if it matters. Thoughts? TIA
Paying to park overnight at your resort only entitles you to park OVERNIGHT at your own resort. You can choose to valet park at the resorts that are within walking distance of the parks but you cannot park at them for free so that you can go to the parks. It’s a real buzzkill to come back to your deluxe resort at night (where you paid a premium to park your car) to find that the lot is full. And then to watch it empty after the nearby park closes and the parking scofflaws return to claim the vehicles.

No but if you are staying at a Disney resort you get free parking at the parks.

I get where you are coming from OP, but if everyone did this there’d be nowhere for people actually staying at BWI, BC, CR, etc. to park. We only travel with lightweight strollers that fold up easily to avoid this problem. We also try to pack light in the parks and send all our purchases back to our resort so we don’t need a big stroller to store things.

If you switch your reservation to CR or BWI/YC/BC, you will be able to walk to the parks from your resort. That's one of the amenities and benefits of staying there and one of the reasons it costs more to stay at these resorts as opposed to resorts that do not have easy access to the parks. Ft. W isn't terribly inconvenient to MK, but if transportation to the other parks is going to be inconvenient, you may want to re-think your resort choice or consider paying for valet parking.

We went to the Beach Club on our last night of our trip last month to get some ice-cream at the walk up counter at Beaches and Cream. When we arrived the security guard (one of the most unpleasant ones I've ever seen at a resort gate) said "There is no more parking here for tonight". I told her we have valet, and she snapped "let me see your band" and then let us in.

So it seems they are getting stricter and will not let you unless you have a reservation.

We used to drive around to the different resorts to just visit them, but I'm wondering if they are even letting people do that much anymore.

Either stay at a hotel that has the transportation options you want (like walking to a park) or use your hotel’s available Disney transportation if you don’t want to drive to the parks. Or take an Uber/Lyft/Minnie Van.

Parking at resorts is for actual guests of that resort or for people dining/shopping there WHILE they are actually dining/shopping there. Resort parking is not for people who find the theme park parking inconvenient.

I park at the preferred parking lots. Being an overnight guest at the hotel knocks the daily parking fee off, so parking at the preferred lot is much cheaper. It still costs money, but we prefer that to dealing with WDW transportation if we're staying at a hotel that's not close to the park we want to go to that day.

You can pay to valet park at the Contemporary. That way you are not taking up a guest parking spot.

Pending on the time of day, it's actually easier to park at the theme parks and walk from your car there then the nearby resorts parking lots anyway. I've timed it out and it's so much easier to park anywhere at HS then go from the hotel parking lots at BWI, BC or YC (I've timed it out from when I stayed at those resorts previously). Also easier to use the Epcot lot then those as well then those resorts, especially if you are going to Future World.

Frankly not only is it not allowed but it doesn’t sound easier to me. You get direct transport by bus or boat directly from your resort. It’s a great perk of staying onsite. Driving to another resort, parking and walking to the park will be much more time consuming.

Strollers aren’t that much of a hassle but try to go small. A big one might be a pain (and might not even be allowed into the park, check the size restrictions).

Or easiest yet, rent one at the front of each park and don’t worry about hauling them around at all.

Welcome to Dis! :welcome:

You got the answer: theme park lots for free or upgrade to preferred, pay for valet at resort lot or take your hotels transportation. And you might have guessed you already hit on a hot topic. Disney has gotten much stricter on parking at resorts since they implemented the parking fees there for guests. Everyone has given you lots of options. Have a great trip.

But is it allowed to valet park for hours? If I valet at Contemporary for afternoon dining reservations and want to walk over to MK and spend a few hours there and walk back is that ok or is it a no no?

There’s usually no time limit on valet parking, but all bets are off during very busy holiday periods.

I would assume the valets would tell whoever is parking that however. Or just ask the valet if there is a time limit while slipping them a nice tip and I'm sure there wouldn't be a problem. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter