Disney Requiring All Non-Union Cast Members to be Vaccinated

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m all for it, but I think Disney should make it fair and wait until they can do it to the union people also.

Ok, we’ll just have to agree to disagree on this one. It makes zero sense to me to keep more people at risk while waiting for the Union.

Hopefully the union workers will step it up and get the vaccine without waiting to be told to get one. I’m all for the vaccine I had my second one on March 30th. But to single out the non unions workers is not fair imo. Not your opinion my opinion.

Hopefully the union workers will step it up and get the vaccine without waiting to be told to get one. I’m all for the vaccine I had my second one on March 30th. But to single out the non unions workers is not fair imo. Not your opinion my opinion.
It's not they're being singled out. The company just has to go through the negotiations with the unions before they can require it, which from what I've heard is well underway and is heading in a positive direction. But why wait for those negotiations to be finalized before announcing it for those that don't have to have that?

Non union is not being singled out. It is that they CAN’T require the union members without union authorization.

Being that the union employees are the ones in the most public facing positions I would hope the majority are already vaccinated, as they are at the greatest risk.

I grew up in a household, where my dad and all of his friends were union. They really do matter. This became abundantly clear to me when I worked a corporate job, where I had to work with lawyers to stop unionization.

Employees would make far more money today if unions were stronger in the US with a larger membership. Their biggest competition would be off shoring. But even off shoring has its limits as we're seeing with supply shortages.

As for this topic, as I said already in another thread with a similar title, it's all about money. Period.
I certainly wasn't trying to debate the value of unions. I posted in answer to someone who thought the majority of Disney CMs are part of the union. They aren't. In fact, I would be surprised if the number of union CMs was above 25 - 30 percent.

I do not know the laws, but when I started working at a hospital in 2001, I had to have a blood test to prove I had my MMR vaccine pre-employment and was drug tested. Maybe the standard at some point will be proof of vaccination or testing for antibodies.
Yes, most healthcare facilities require all employees to provide proof of immunization or have a titer test for antibodies done. I guess that's why I don't see the big deal about this. They're already required to have all other vaccines to be employed there.

It's not just Disney:
- My RN daughter says all the health care workers in our area are required to be fully vaxxed by the end of October -- or they'll be fired. Not only doctors and nurses but hospital cafeteria ladies, cleaning staff, contractors who come in to fix things.
Yes, this was announced at the major hospital systems in our area a week or two ago and it has been a ton of drama. Some people have quit their jobs over this (not sure where else they are going to find a healthcare job that does not require it though). I've had several people reach out to see if our company requires the vaccine because they want to leave their job over this. My husband is a manager in the OR and lots of nurses are freaking out. My daughter works at the same hospital and we discussed the meeting her department had to make the announcement and all her co-workers who were throwing toddler-like tantrums. They were using the guise of "privacy concerns", but obviously they can't be that concerned with their privacy because now everyone knows that they have not received the vaccine. They were trying to claim it was a HIPAA violation which is ridiculous because 1. the hospital already requires proof of every other vaccine so how would those all be perfectly acceptable but this one a violation and 2. they are asking YOU to provide the information and you can't HIPAA violate yourself.

Yes, this was announced at the major hospital systems in our area a week or two ago and it has been a ton of drama. Some people have quit their jobs over this (not sure where else they are going to find a healthcare job that does not require it though). I've had several people reach out to see if our company requires the vaccine because they want to leave their job over this. My husband is a manager in the OR and lots of nurses are freaking out. My daughter works at the same hospital and we discussed the meeting her department had to make the announcement and all her co-workers who were throwing toddler-like tantrums. They were using the guise of "privacy concerns", but obviously they can't be that concerned with their privacy because now everyone knows that they have not received the vaccine. They were trying to claim it was a HIPAA violation which is ridiculous because 1. the hospital already requires proof of every other vaccine so how would those all be perfectly acceptable but this one a violation and 2. they are asking YOU to provide the information and you can't HIPAA violate yourself.

People never fail to amaze me. Just put on your adult pants folks. Jesus.

Some people have quit their jobs over this (not sure where else they are going to find a healthcare job that does not require it though).
Yeah, makes you want to say, "Quit acting like a petulant child who doesn't want to eat his broccoli."
I really think a lot of this has to do with, "You can't tell me what to do. You're not the boss of me." rather than actual medical concerns.

Yes, most healthcare facilities require all employees to provide proof of immunization or have a titer test for antibodies done. I guess that's why I don't see the big deal about this. They're already required to have all other vaccines to be employed there.

This is really disheartening.

I have issues with this what if you are allergic to it like my in laws
They would get a medical exemption. But medical exemptions should be hard to come by - they should only be for people who truly need it. Unfortunately anti-vaxx parents abused it in the past which is why there are strict rules about getting them now in many places.

I was listening to a talk show on the radio about how to get people to get vaccinated. One guy called in and said we should restrict things to "vaccinated people only" and see how fast folks roll up their sleeves. He felt that if they said you can only fly if your vaccinated, or go on cruise ships, or restaurants, or concerts etc. that people would get the vaccine. I get his theory, but I think it would be impossible to enforce and it feels a bit extreme, but it was interesting to listen to. I am concerned for what the fall/winter will bring.

we have that in my province.
You can only attend sporting events and movies if you show your vaccination card, etc. I’m fine with it.

I think it's a good thing. The more businesses that require it of their employees the more people we will have vaccinated. These big corporations are setting the tone for the smaller ones.

I have issues with this what if you are allergic to it like my in laws
Both of your in-laws are allergic to it? They should play the lottery.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter