Disney Requiring All Non-Union Cast Members to be Vaccinated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feralpeg

Living and Loving Windermere!
Local news just reported that all salaried and non-union CMs will have 60 days to be vaccinated. Any CMs currently working off site will have to show proof of vaccination before returning to work. Definitely good news.

I just read this on a Tampa New Station Report as there seems to be confusion about what the law is in Florida and enforcement of it. An attorney was quoted as saying this .... so it looks like while Disney may "require" this ... they are not able to demand proof. Not trying to start a debate. Just sharing information. Florida is on the "honor system" as employers can not demand proof of the vaccine.

Here is the link to the article: https://www.wfla.com/8-on-your-side...uire-covid-19-vaccine-but-cant-ask-for-proof/

The comment from the attorney in the story says ..... "Again, although your employer can require the vaccine, they cannot make you prove that you’ve actually had it by showing documentation."

Disney is also starting "talks" with all unions representing employees ... so any employees represented by the union do not fall under this. Not sure how many employees are represented by union. This covers salaried employees and non-union employees only.

I just read this on a Tampa New Station Report as there seems to be confusion about what the law is in Florida and enforcement of it. An attorney was quoted as saying this .... so it looks like while Disney may "require" this ... they are not able to demand proof. Not trying to start a debate. Just sharing information. Florida is on the "honor system" as employers can not demand proof of the vaccine.

Here is the link to the article: https://www.wfla.com/8-on-your-side...uire-covid-19-vaccine-but-cant-ask-for-proof/

The comment from the attorney in the story says ..... "Again, although your employer can require the vaccine, they cannot make you prove that you’ve actually had it by showing documentation."

View attachment 593413
That is true. Thanks to a law recently passed at the urging of DeSantis, no business can ask for proof of vaccination. This is causing major issues with several cruise lines that want to ensure no unvaccinated passengers board their ships. There are court cases pending on this.

I'm just hoping enough CMs decide to just follow Disney's edict anyway and get vaccinated. If Disney were to make it very easy for them to get vaccinated on property, it would probably be enough to get many to get the vaccine.

Disney can ask for proof from their employees. The law only applies to patrons of business, not their employees. It does apply to public schools and universities.

In addition, health care facilities have an exception. To answer how healthcare providers would handle it, they'd just ask for proof.

(1) A business entity, as defined in s. 768.38 to include
1123 any business operating in this state, may not require patrons or
1124 customers to provide any documentation certifying COVID-19
1125 vaccination or post-infection recovery to gain access to, entry
1126 upon, or service from the business operations in this state.
1127 This subsection does not otherwise restrict businesses from
1128 instituting screening protocols consistent with authoritative or

1149 (5) This section does not apply to a health care provider
1150 as defined in s. 768.38; a service provider licensed or
1151 certified under s. 393.17, part III of chapter 401, or part IV
1152 of chapter 468; or a provider with an active health care clinic
1153 exemption under s. 400.9935.

That is true. Thanks to a law recently passed at the urging of DeSantis, no business can ask for proof of vaccination. This is causing major issues with several cruise lines that want to ensure no unvaccinated passengers board their ships. There are court cases pending on this.

I'm just hoping enough CMs decide to just follow Disney's edict anyway and get vaccinated. If Disney were to make it very easy for them to get vaccinated on property, it would probably be enough to get many to get the vaccine.

As I understand it they have had vaccination sites on their property for a bit, but I am not from there so wouldn't know. It will be interesting. Right now many employers are having a hard time even getting employees. I know Disney has been affected. Things change everyday so all we can do is wait and see.

Disney can ask for proof from their employees. The law only applies to patrons of business, not their employees. It does apply to public schools and universities.

In addition, health care facilities have an exception. To answer how healthcare providers would handle it, they'd just ask for proof.

(1) A business entity, as defined in s. 768.38 to include
1123 any business operating in this state, may not require patrons or
1124 customers to provide any documentation certifying COVID-19
1125 vaccination or post-infection recovery to gain access to, entry
1126 upon, or service from the business operations in this state.
1127 This subsection does not otherwise restrict businesses from
1128 instituting screening protocols consistent with authoritative or

1149 (5) This section does not apply to a health care provider
1150 as defined in s. 768.38; a service provider licensed or
1151 certified under s. 393.17, part III of chapter 401, or part IV
1152 of chapter 468; or a provider with an active health care clinic
1153 exemption under s. 400.9935.

Interesting ... I only know what the news reported. Sounds like it could be headed to courts ... but who knows these days. Just glad I own my own business and it is just me.

Not really about the vaccines but a friend of mine will be going to WDW this October and has already been advised that WDW will be going back to mask mandates. I really don't care one way or another just saying what she told me this morning. If I'm wrong please correct me so I can let her know otherwise.

Not really about the vaccines but a friend of mine will be going to WDW this October and has already been advised that WDW will be going back to mask mandates. I really don't care one way or another just saying what she told me this morning. If I'm wrong please correct me so I can let her know otherwise.
It already started, masks are required indoors and on rides/in queues.

That is correct. Both CMs and guest will be required to wear masks in all indoor locations, queues and all forms of Disney transportation. Guest are not required to mask in fully outdoor areas.

Universal announced today that all employees will be required to wear masks both indoor and out. No requirements, at this point, for guests. I think this will change soon.

That is correct. Both CMs and guest will be required to wear masks in all indoor locations, queues and all forms of Disney transportation. Guest are not required to mask in fully outdoor areas.

Universal announced today that all employees will be required to wear masks both indoor and out. No requirements, at this point, for guests. I think this will change soon.
To the bold, masks have not been required on boats/ferries.

I do not know the laws, but when I started working at a hospital in 2001, I had to have a blood test to prove I had my MMR vaccine pre-employment and was drug tested. Maybe the standard at some point will be proof of vaccination or testing for antibodies.

I'm a big fan of getting the shot. I'll cite source when I find it, but if enough of us get vaccinated, the illness can't survive and will die out, bar possibly for some isolated pockets.

Things in the US with the Delta varient have changed so rapidly, that I'm afraid that ship sailed.

Going to take a lot to put that genie back in the bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter