• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney removing Bill Cosby bust at DHS

Michael Jackson is completely different from Cosby IMO. While we can all believe what we wish Michael was never found guilty of anything. Cosby has pretty much confirmed his own guilt.

Michael Jackson is completely different from Cosby IMO. While we can all believe what we wish Michael was never found guilty of anything. Cosby has pretty much confirmed his own guilt.

Help me out here.

You appear to excuse someone who fought to hide the fact he paid millions of dollars to kids he was accused of abusing, an ugly cover-up action that was pretty much seen by everyone from the get-go as a clear admission of guilt.

But you then say we should not excuse someone who has also not been found guilty of anything (at least not yet) but who has begun to admit his guilt.

I don't really see any difference between the two, other than one lawyered up a little faster than the other and aggressively used his checkbook to shut his victims up. And sadly, the fact he did that worked, since some now still defend him on the basis "he was never found guilty." :sad2:

If that was really true, the court of public opinion on Jackson (and his legacy) wouldn't be a negative as it is.

and OJ Simpson never was either, but you couldn't pay me enough to think he was innocent also. MJ paid off people to keep quiet (if that doesn't confirm guilt I don't know what would), there was just so much more to that and the fact it involved children makes it way worse IMO. I just think he should go as well...

besides, I really really really despise Captain EO - there I said it, I'm so sorry.

and OJ Simpson never was either, but you couldn't pay me enough to think he was innocent also. MJ paid off people to keep quiet (if that doesn't confirm guilt I don't know what would), there was just so much more to that and the fact it involved children makes it way worse IMO. I just think he should go as well...

besides, I really really really despise Captain EO - there I said it, I'm so sorry.

The problem with that is, what we think and what we know are two different things. We can speculate all day long, but at the end of the day they're still our opinions, not facts.

The problem with that is, what we think and what we know are two different things. We can speculate all day long, but at the end of the day they're still our opinions, not facts.

Right, and Cosby hasn't been convicted yet either. (not that I think he's innocent) ... they are all speculations at this point, his just happens to be more recent than MJ's. My bottom-line is, they should both be removed.

Right, and Cosby hasn't been convicted yet either. (not that I think he's innocent) ... they are all speculations at this point, his just happens to be more recent than MJ's. My bottom-line is, they should both be removed.

But in the Cosby case there is an admission of doing illegal things, that trumps a conviction.

But in the Cosby case there is an admission of doing illegal things, that trumps a conviction.

We'll just have to agree to disagree here. I realize that he's admitted to some "illegal things" such as providing pills. However, in no world of mine would I think that's worse than molesting multiple children. You can say all day long that MJ wasn't convicted, or didn't admit it... but him paying those children off was an admission of guilt. All I can go on is my opinion, and it's pretty simple to me. They are both scum and shouldn't be honored in Disney. I'm not really sure what the disagreement is here? I think Cosby should be gone, and he is. I think MJ should too.... I suppose you dont?

We'll just have to agree to disagree here. I realize that he's admitted to some "illegal things" such as providing pills. However, in no world of mine would I think that's worse than molesting multiple children. You can say all day long that MJ wasn't convicted, or didn't admit it... but him paying those children off was an admission of guilt. All I can go on is my opinion, and it's pretty simple to me. They are both scum and shouldn't be honored in Disney. I'm not really sure what the disagreement is here? I think Cosby should be gone, and he is. I think MJ should too.... I suppose you dont?

I'm not totally in disagreement with you, it's just one of my pet peeves when people state things as fact instead of their opinion. There is no evidence that MJ ever molested any children or that BC ever actually raped any women, so I cannot in good conscience make statements saying I know they did those things and it bothers me when I see most of the people on here doing so.

As for MJ also being gone, I think he was a weirdo, but I'm not convinced he was a child molester. When you have the kind of money he had, paying off that family may have just been a quick way to end an unpleasant situation. Settling out of court has never been an admission of guilt and can't be used as proof of any wrongdoing. So, no I don't think he should be removed from the park. But I wouldn't protest if he was.

I'm not totally in disagreement with you, it's just one of my pet peeves when people state things as fact instead of their opinion. There is no evidence that MJ ever molested any children or that BC ever actually raped any women, so I cannot in good conscience make statements saying I know they did those things and it bothers me when I see most of the people on here doing so.

I thought I worded my post as it was my opinion, perhaps it came across differently, but I completely understand what you mean. :goodvibes

There is no evidence that MJ ever molested any children.

:rolleyes1 :sad2: :rolleyes1 :sad2:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A28539-2005Apr5.html

http://www.insideedition.com/headli...s-maid-claims-she-witnessed-child-molestation

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,1046687,00.html

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/04/04/jackson.trial/

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...ael-jackson-hit-with-new-sex-abuse-claim.html

And if you come back saying "MJ was put on trial and acquitted," as someone else has already stated, so wasn't this fellow:

OJGloves.jpg

I thought I worded my post as it was my opinion, perhaps it came across differently, but I completely understand what you mean. :goodvibes

Yeah, yours were mostly stated as opinion. Sorry to single you out like that but I was too lazy to wade through all the posts for quotes.:o

Eh, I haven't even stated my actual opinion and have no intention of doing so. I just posted what I thought about whether this was the same or not.

I still see it as a different situation but of course YMMV. I will agree that it's time for Captain EO to go.

Last edited:
It's weird, Captain EO is poorly casted, poorly acted and very dated. But for some reason I still really enjoy it. I guess it's because of the music and dance moves. After the movie is over, I have to stop myself from grabbing my crotch and moonwalking.

After the movie is over, I have to stop myself from grabbing my crotch and moonwalking.

Now I remember!!! You must be the person I saw last September (when I made the mistake of going into this "show") who was getting nauseous right after the performance!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter