Disney reducing bus service from Pop to EP and DHS

:confused3 Why do you feel there should be bus signage at a(ny) Skyliner station?

If by "not far behind" you mean the same day starting at about the same time, then yes : ).
Well, Disney had info about the Skyliner at the Pop bus area so it only seems like they should complete the process and cross post relevant info at BOTH locations

:confused3 Why do you feel there should be bus signage at a(ny) Skyliner station?

If by "not far behind" you mean the same day starting at about the same time, then yes : ).
Well, Disney had info about the Skyliner at the Pop bus area so it only seems like they should complete the process and cross post relevant info at BOTH locations

In end feb early march we are going to be there. We have set up specific plans to do front of epcot one day and countries another day. Being forced to use the skyliner is a pretty big inconvenience. My wife flat out refused to even try the skyliner when she heard about it but sounds like now we don't have a choice. And saying we do because it runs once an hour is not a "choice". If you want to get to the park on time on the bus then that is not a choice. I wonder if return trips at park close also have limited buses?

In end feb early march we are going to be there. We have set up specific plans to do front of epcot one day and countries another day. Being forced to use the skyliner is a pretty big inconvenience. My wife flat out refused to even try the skyliner when she heard about it but sounds like now we don't have a choice. And saying we do because it runs once an hour is not a "choice". If you want to get to the park on time on the bus then that is not a choice. I wonder if return trips at park close also have limited buses?
Yep, that's exactly our plan as well. One day we are focusing on world showcase, and the other day we are focusing on future world. oh well 🤷‍♀️

I echo other folk, I wish they would give a "range" of time when the buses might be arriving "hourly". Like between 11:15am-11:25am, or something....because when you miss a bus, and have to wait for an "unknown time" because there isn't a schedule, that would be upsetting.

But as long as the pre-opening buses can get me there at a normal time, I am fine with it. (though Pop last time had us waiting for a PPO AK bus for EMH for like 25 minutes, which went from arriving at the stop at a decent time to be ready for EMH to stressing that we would have to wait AGES to get into the parks because of our tardiness)

I echo other folk, I wish they would give a "range" of time when the buses might be arriving "hourly". Like between 11:15am-11:25am, or something....because when you miss a bus, and have to wait for an "unknown time" because there isn't a schedule, that would be upsetting.

But as long as the pre-opening buses can get me there at a normal time, I am fine with it. (though Pop last time had us waiting for a PPO AK bus for EMH for like 25 minutes, which went from arriving at the stop at a decent time to be ready for EMH to stressing that we would have to wait AGES to get into the parks because of our tardiness)

My impression based on what I read was that the buses would run hourly during Skyliner operation. So that should be an easy enough range to find. Subject to change of course, since anytime there's high wind or lightning they have to close the Skyliner and would run buses during that time at more frequent intervals.

I believe the idea is that the buses will not be full and you won’t have to wait an hour because you didn’t fit on the bus, seeing as most guests at Pop now take the Skyliner. Considering the advantage of efficiency (much faster than a bus plus no standing) and the fact that the Skyliner is accessible for disabled passengers, the only bus passengers will be those who refuse to ride the Skyliner for whatever reason. If they get more guests than anticipated on the buses, they may expand bus service again. Also, if you use the MDE app you can see when the next bus is scheduled to arrive at your resort. That won’t help you at the parks though.

Well, I hope this means that extra buses will be available during Skyline operating hours for other resorts. Our October stay at CSR had us ubering all the time after waiting 45 minutes one evening to Epcot and one morning to DHS. After that, we ubered every time we didn’t see a bus listed on the app from any of the stops. If they are having problems staffing bus drivers, this could be a good solution.

Well, I hope this means that extra buses will be available during Skyline operating hours for other resorts. Our October stay at CSR had us ubering all the time after waiting 45 minutes one evening to Epcot and one morning to DHS. After that, we ubered every time we didn’t see a bus listed on the app from any of the stops. If they are having problems staffing bus drivers, this could be a good solution.
I completely agree. As far as people worried about DHS and ROTR boarding groups, we did not depend on the bus from WL to get us there in time. We had already had issues waiting 12/21 and 12/22 during peak hours for both AK and HS, so it was a no brainer on 12/23 to Uber. I think Crescent Lake resorts are the only places you can expect to get to DHS on your preferred schedule—by walking. We loved our stay at WL Christmas week, but we reenforced our preference for Yacht Club and its location.

I believe the idea is that the buses will not be full and you won’t have to wait an hour because you didn’t fit on the bus, seeing as most guests at Pop now take the Skyliner. Considering the advantage of efficiency (much faster than a bus plus no standing) and the fact that the Skyliner is accessible for disabled passengers, the only bus passengers will be those who refuse to ride the Skyliner for whatever reason. If they get more guests than anticipated on the buses, they may expand bus service again. Also, if you use the MDE app you can see when the next bus is scheduled to arrive at your resort. That won’t help you at the parks though.
Not unless they change the signs. It currently lists only the Skyliner as an option.

In situations like this Uber/Lyft would probably be the best bet. I know a lot of people don't want to pay the extra fee since they are already paying to be on Disney property but we never paid more than $7-8 for an uber ride while in WDW.

This would work if you really wanted to stay at a particular resort but your only option is the Skyliner. I wouldn't mind trying POP but I would be open to using Uber/Lyft because I'm not completely sold on the Skyliner.

Is anyone currently staying at a Skyliner resort? If so, could someone confirm if the buses are running more frequently in the early morning/outside of Skyliner hours? Hoping to take the bus to HS in a few weeks to snag a ROTR boarding group with a 7AM opening. Thanks!

In situations like this Uber/Lyft would probably be the best bet. I know a lot of people don't want to pay the extra fee since they are already paying to be on Disney property but we never paid more than $7-8 for an uber ride while in WDW.

This would work if you really wanted to stay at a particular resort but your only option is the Skyliner. I wouldn't mind trying POP but I would be open to using Uber/Lyft because I'm not completely sold on the Skyliner.

Good to know about the Uber cost. Do they pick you up at the resort's main drive? I'm staying at CBR and won't ride the Skyliner because of anxiety on things like skyrides/ski lifts/gondolas. I'm guessing a Minnie Van costs more than Uber?

Good to know about the Uber cost. Do they pick you up at the resort's main drive? I'm staying at CBR and won't ride the Skyliner because of anxiety on things like skyrides/ski lifts/gondolas. I'm guessing a Minnie Van costs more than Uber?
Yes, MV are considerably more. They are a $15 base rate, plus $3.15 per mile, plus tip.

I just did a sample trip from POFQ to Magic Kingdom via Minnie Van. The wait right now is 20 minutes and it would cost me $37.93, plus tip. :rotfl:

We did it from BWV and they picked us up at the main entrance near the bus stop.

I don’t know how it’ll work at CBR. I assume they could pick you up in the parking lot closest to your room if you request it from there since that’s how they track your location.

Every time I ordered an Uber at Disney the driver would call me and ask me my specific location and meet me there or ask me to go to a specific spot. Nothing far.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter