Disney reducing bus service from Pop to EP and DHS

Agree 100%!!

CBR can’t be far behind - so I am very glad I did not go with that choice for my birthday trip in July. My TA would be making a change if I had.

I have tried them and actually did not mind most of the experience - but as a solo female, being forced to share with someone else just doesn’t sit right with me. I would not mind a family, but I either got put in one with a solo male (in this case it was fine - just awkward when we were stuck for 10 minutes, but it could become a dangerous situation with no escape) or a couple who forgot (or did not care) that someone else was there and all but needed a bed.

So nope - not staying anywhere that would require me to take them.

As I posted above all Skyliner resorts are included now.

Several sources have now reported that Disney has reduced bus service from the three remaining resorts on the Skyliner route. Bus departures from Disney’s Riveria Resort, Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort, Disney’s Art of Animation Resort and Disney’s Pop Century Resorts to EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios have been reduced to once per hour, effective January 5.

Now that the Skyliner is the primary mode of transportation form the Skyliner Resorts to Hollywood Studios and EPCOT, the Skyliner will continue to operate on its current schedule.

Additional buses are expected to be running during times of Disney Skyliner downtime, such as the time outside of its normal operating hours or because of weather-related closures.

Bus service to Disney’s Magic Kingdom and Disney’s Animal Kingdom is unaffected by this change.

Chatted with help on the MDE app. They said this info was posted at Pop .... By the buses. Seriously? Nothing about this on the skyliner??????
:confused3 Why do you feel there should be bus signage at a(ny) Skyliner station?
CBR can’t be far behind
If by "not far behind" you mean the same day starting at about the same time, then yes : ).

I also love the Skyliner, but right now it does not start early enough to get to HS for a RotR boarding group. If they remedy this I would be satisfied. We are arriving tomorrow and staying at Pop Century so I am not too pleased about the sudden change without significantly earlier Skyliner hours. I am spending too much money already to be able to afford Minnie Vans or Uber. Besides there are 14 of us so that cost would be extremely prohibitive. No car either. Blah!🤪

I also love the Skyliner, but right now it does not start early enough to get to HS for a RotR boarding group. If they remedy this I would be satisfied. We are arriving tomorrow and staying at Pop Century so I am not too pleased about the sudden change without significantly earlier Skyliner hours. I am spending too much money already to be able to afford Minnie Vans or Uber. Besides there are 14 of us so that cost would be extremely prohibitive. No car either. Blah!🤪

The buses run early enough to get you guys there. And they run on a normal schedule until the Skyliner starts up for the day.

Last edited:
Well, that should make the Skyliner lines at Pop and AoA nice and long since they'll be dealing with traffic from two resorts for two parks, plus those wanting to take the buses now have only one chance an hour so they'll have to get in line super early to make sure they get a seat on the ONE available bus. Bus got too full to take you? Too bad, you have to wait another hour.

That's not inconvenient at all./s

The sign actually says "Buses to Epcot & Hollywood Studios..."--plural. There's nothing to indicate that they would send one solitary bus if there were multiple bus's worth of passengers waiting.

Seems odd for them to force it on people who are afraid. I used to be afraid of heights growing up and I would have stayed far away from Skyliner.

They are not forcing it. In fact they have a sign right at the Skyliner stations instructing guests NOT to ride if they have trouble with heights or enclosed spaces. So they know some people will need another way to get to the parks. And they are providing that other way. They just don't need as many of those buses as they used to since many guest are now regularly using the Skyliner.

The buses run early enough to get you guys there. Andy they run on a normal schedule until the Skyliner starts up for the day.
Well, if that is the case maybe it will be OK. So the buses will still run early enough to get to HS well before posted opening time? And more frequently than the once per hour that they tell you on the signs?

The Skyliner isn't unsafe, and the monorail isn't reliable.

I don't consider the skyliner any safer than the monorail from the perspective of evacuation. It will be much harder and take longer to do so if they can not be moved into a station. Disney has poor evacuation processes, all you have to do is look at any monorail incident and see how long folks are trapped. Even the fire department has filed numerous complaints and concerns regarding the skyliner. That first big crash hasn't been the only time guests have been trapped and it hasn't been open that long.

In the end it is up to guests to decide where to stay and how to travel. Guests need to have all the information. Disney needs to let them know what to expect in terms of transportation. I would not be happy to be told there is still bus service only to show up to hourly or maybe none at all.

They are not even "advertising" the DHS and Epcot buses at POP.

View attachment 462874
yeah it would be nice to know when those hourly buses were coming though. We'll be staying at Pop in less than a month, and there are some days we want to ride the bus to Epcot simply to be dropped at FutureWorld entrance and not IG. But I don't plan to wait an hour for a bus for that. I understand this move by Disney; I really do. I just wish there was better communication about availability and schedules.

I was there the day it opened. I missed the Eat to the Beat concert three times that I was trying to get to between traffic on the turnpike and the skyliner breaking down. I am afraid of heights but I went on the skyliner and was stuck for about 20 minutes the day before it crashed. I am going to have to rethink my plans since I am going to see Chris Daughtery in May and it rains a lot in May. I also have medical issues that would be bad if I were stuck that high for over 3 hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter