Disney reducing bus service from Pop to EP and DHS

So they aren't telling when the bus will be coming? Would it be on the hour? Probably not. Hmmm....We have one family member who is fearful. She is terrified to fly and of many attractions. I had hoped she would have the option of taking the buses on our May CBR stay.
Seems odd for them to force it on people who are afraid. I used to be afraid of heights growing up and I would have stayed far away from Skyliner.

Seems odd for them to force it on people who are afraid. I used to be afraid of heights growing up and I would have stayed far away from Skyliner.

They aren’t forcing people. They are still providing buses, but the frequency will be reduced because there just isn’t the demand for the buses. Most people choose the Skyliner. This is a numbers game.

Alternatively, they offer people other moderate and value resorts without the Skyliner and with 100% bus transportation. There are lots of choices and nobody is being forced to ride.

Takes those resorts right off of my To Stay At list.

Us too. I figured it was coming, but no way is my family setting foot on the Skyliner with the amount of times it has had technical problems or gotten stuck since it started running-- especially in the hot summer months. DD is somewhat scared of heights too, so it is especially a no go for her.

They aren’t forcing people. They are still providing buses, but the frequency will be reduced because there just isn’t the demand for the buses. Most people choose the Skyliner. This is a numbers game.

Alternatively, they offer people other moderate and value resorts without the Skyliner and with 100% bus transportation. There are lots of choices and nobody is being forced to ride.
If they eliminate buses they would be forcing people at those resorts to take the Skyliner. Shortening bus frequency is already a step towards that, unless this is temporary.

It’s possible people are afraid of monorails (especially the Disney ones, lol) or just don’t want to use them, but that is the only option from GF, Poly, and CR to Epcot.
Never considered that. I didn't think about people afraid of monorails lol.

If they eliminate buses they would be forcing people at those resorts to take the Skyliner. Shortening bus frequency is already a step towards that, unless this is temporary.
This is not temporary and I think the ultimate goal would be to eventually eliminate buses completely, but I don’t know if that will ever be possible.

Aarrgghh. Just waited for an hour for the bus at Epcot. No signage here to indicate they are only coming hourly. Finally the pop bus came, followed by the AOA bus 1 minute later. How stupid is Disney? They can't coordinate to have pop on the hour and AOA on the half hour? Very disgusted

Chatted with help on the MDE app. They said this info was posted at Pop .... By the buses. Seriously? Nothing about this on the skyliner??????

Aarrgghh. Just waited for an hour for the bus at Epcot. No signage here to indicate they are only coming hourly. Finally the pop bus came, followed by the AOA bus 1 minute later. How stupid is Disney? They can't coordinate to have pop on the hour and AOA on the half hour? Very disgusted

I have to point out the irony of your username.

Takes those resorts right off of my To Stay At list.

Agree 100%!!

CBR can’t be far behind - so I am very glad I did not go with that choice for my birthday trip in July. My TA would be making a change if I had.

I have tried them and actually did not mind most of the experience - but as a solo female, being forced to share with someone else just doesn’t sit right with me. I would not mind a family, but I either got put in one with a solo male (in this case it was fine - just awkward when we were stuck for 10 minutes, but it could become a dangerous situation with no escape) or a couple who forgot (or did not care) that someone else was there and all but needed a bed.

So nope - not staying anywhere that would require me to take them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter