Disney reducing bus service from Pop to EP and DHS

Searc

DIS Veteran
Effective today, Disney is reducing bus service to/from Pop to once per hour to EP and DHS. It has not been reported whether other resorts are affected, yet.

Do not merge this in with the massive Pop thread, as it's info people need to be aware of for impacts on their potential resorts.

I saw this alert on KtP. Does this mean the Skyliner will start running earlier? Right now, you can’t take the Skyliner if you are planning to get a BG for RoTR.

Well, that should make the Skyliner lines at Pop and AoA nice and long since they'll be dealing with traffic from two resorts for two parks, plus those wanting to take the buses now have only one chance an hour so they'll have to get in line super early to make sure they get a seat on the ONE available bus. Bus got too full to take you? Too bad, you have to wait another hour.

That's not inconvenient at all./s

It would also be fantastic for them to post the Skyliner hours somewhere.

While I cannot vouch for them consistently matching what is happening on the ground (although they do match the signs out front on the two days we rode this past week), Disney has been publishing Skyliner hours on the weekly Times Guide. A helpful link is here courtesy of Orlando Theme Park News: http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/p/weekly-walt-disney-world-times-guides.html

The Monorail hours posted on the Times Guide have always generally been reliable, I assume the Skyliner hours are too but don't take that as fact.

This was to be expected.

We just returned from Caribbean Beach, another Skyliner resort. I saw several HS and EPCOT buses leaving the resort empty (while we were waiting for AK bus). People are using the Skyliner.

Today I received a Disney Survey and it was all about transportation. They asked me to identify my mode of transport into and out of every park for each day of our trip, including when we hopped. About 75% of our trips were on the Skyliner.

Who should we email to express our displeasure with this?

I think, as much as we hoped, we all knew it was inevitable. Next will be Art of Animation, Caribbean Beach and Riviera. And I'll bet it will eventually disappear altogether and they will only offer Skyliner ... like they do the safe and reliable monorail from the MK resorts to Epcot. If someone has an issue I bet their response will be you can call a Minnie Van and/or if value is your budget, they have AllStars. They didn't spend all that money to continue duplicate services no matter what they kept saying. I don't think all the emails in the world will change their plan, they have too much invested. If it means a family won't stay there ... as usual there will be a line behind them ready to book. Disney knows that.

EDITED: Saw this morning that bus service has been reduced at all the above resorts.

Last edited:
While I cannot vouch for them consistently matching what is happening on the ground (although they do match the signs out front on the two days we rode this past week), Disney has been publishing Skyliner hours on the weekly Times Guide. A helpful link is here courtesy of Orlando Theme Park News: http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/p/weekly-walt-disney-world-times-guides.html
Thank you! I did try the usual Google route and was only finding the info from when it first opened and it was frustrating. I will bookmark this for future use. :)

I think, as much as we hoped, we all knew it was inevitable. Next will be Art of Animation, Caribbean Beach and Riviera. And I'll bet it will eventually disappear altogether and they will only offer Skyliner ... like they do the safe and reliable monorail from the MK resorts to Epcot. If someone has an issue I bet their response will be you can call a Minnie Van and/or if value is your budget, they have AllStars. They didn't spend all that money to continue duplicate services no matter what they kept saying. I don't think all the emails in the world will change their plan, they have too much invested. If it means a family won't stay there ... as usual there will be a line behind them ready to book. Disney knows that.

That’s a good point (the bolded). I wouldn’t have agreed they would eliminate the bus all together until you pointed that out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter