Disney Quest

BlessedMomOfTwo

Mouseketeer
We will be taking our kids, ages 3 & 5, to WDW for the first time in September. We have never been to DisneyQuest. Would it be worth it to take our kids at their ages? Our ds, 5, loves arcades.

TIA for any advise those of you with experience can offer. What a great resource these boards are - my new addiction, per dh. And he doesn't even know yet that I found the Scrapbooking board today - oy!!

We just got back 2 weeks ago and we took our 2 1/2 yoa dd to DQ. It was a mistake! There was nothing for her to do at all! So for your 3yoa I think it would be the same. As for the 5 yoa there isn't very much except skee ball in my opinion. There is one are of the building that I thought could be considered for little kids, but it was for maybe 7 and up.

IMHO, I don't think that DQ is for kids under the age of 7. By that time they can maybe play some of the arcade games and pinball, but otherwise, there just isn't much to do. I think it would be a waste of money. Thank goodness we didn't have to pay for DD or I would have been hot because all we did was walk around.

You can say that again. My computer service was out for 3 days and I thought I would have a heart attact. My DH said I didn't smile for three days. LOL

We went when our youngest was 3. There was some older games he liked (pacman, pinball, cenaped ?spelling ect..) I was very loud so me and youngest son went to the cheese cake factory and had a huge piece of chocolate cake with whipcream. DS14 and DH played and meet up with us later.

When DS was 4 we didn't take him. DS15 had a friend with him so they went one afternoon with DH while I and DS4 stayed swam and did laundry.

Now that our youngest is 5 we are going to DQ for a afternoon on our July trip.

Just remember there are unique shopping areas at DTD. They have a huge toy store that can be explored. Lego land is spectacular.

If you have to pay admission to DQ it may not be worth it. But if you have a UPH you may want to take a peek.

Have a wonderful trip.

Took my 7 y.o. grandson last summer ... he was very frustrated with some of the activites.

I found DQ too loud, the low lighting in certain areas gave me a headache and watching Wm play the arcade games activated my motion sickness ... guess I'm just to old (49) for DQ, LOL!

We won't be going back this year!

My friends went a couple of years ago with their teenagers ... they retired to the eatery and let their kids wander DQ together, checking back in every half-hour or so, for a couple of hours.

I found the arcade at the Contemporary was a much better time with our DD who was just under 3. There were a few games she could do on her own, several she could do with a little help and she won herself a ton of tickets that she got to pick prizes with. In the end it cost a ton less that a day at DQ would have, and we had a great dinner at 'Ohana by showing up at opening time and even with no PS we were seated within 15 minutes.

Thank you all your replies. We will put it on our "If we have time" list as we wouldn't need to pay to get in with our UPHs.

We didn't go to DQ on our family trip, but I went alone on my solo trip.
I'd have to agree on the 2/3 MAYBE 4yr old (depending on the child). However, I'm not sure I would say it's only for 7 or above. Depends on the child really. My son is 5- and if we were there right now he'd have a blast. But he loves all that sort of stuff. Now that's if he can DO some of it..... I'm not sure now (can't remember) all the height restrictions- and he's kinda short. But even if he can only do some of the things and play arcade games- he'll love it. My 2yr old would have NOTHING to do there. We're planning on basically trading off and making some trips to DQ with the older two- with one of us..... the other one of us (us=parents) staying at the hotel doing the pool or something else- with the youngest one each time. No sense wasting money and upsetting her by even taking her there.

Most of the virtual reality games have height restrictions. We have mixed feelings on DQ. On one hand our two DS's love the video games, but on the other games, our DS 12 got very motion sick on a combination of virtual jungle cruise, addadin's magic carpets and create your own roller coaster. DH and I didn't feel well after Alladin either. The highlight of DQ for us was several rounds of spiritied air hockey. Talk about a blast from the past! If it's not included in your park pass, think hard before spending the money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter