disney quest?????

skip

Mouseketeer
looking to try dq for the first time with a 5&8 year old would they be to young?looking for something to do one afternoon to get a break from the sun and thought that would be a good idea.

Bumping this up.
We've never been to DisneyQuest. Would a 3-year-old enjoy it?

If you 5&8 yr olds like video games then yes they should like DQ. There really isn't anyting that a child younger than 5 could enjoy. Our DD was 4 3/4 on our last trip and was able to do only a few things there (and she does play video games at home). The activities in the Create zone are the best for the younger kids but don't let them know they can buy their creations or you'll be spending a small fortune.
On our first trip the kids were 2 1/2 and 11. DD had a horrible tiem and we had to keep swiching off between DH and myself to so one of us could handle her while the other stayed with DS.
DS could have spent all day there on either trip. My 10yr niece when this last trip and she enjoyed it also.

IMHO I would not suggest DQ UNLESS you're getting UPH's. We went in March for DS's 7th b-day (as a surprise) and for what you pay it's not worth it. DS is a video game fanatic but we still ended up leaving after about 2 1/2 hrs. It was very loud, he couldn't go on the rollercoaster thing and it got boring very quickly. The Cruise ride and Pirates were cool but other than that it was just a really overpriced arcade. DS's favorite thing about the whole place was the Sid's Create-a-Toy which happens to cost another $10/apiece (we bought 2).

I think your eight year old will like it, I don't know about your 5 year old...depends on if he/she likes playing N64, Playstation 2, etc. My DD's are not into video games (one 4 1/2 and the other 8), and I would still not pay the extra money for them to go. My DS who is 12 says it is his favorite spot in WDW.

I agree about the noise; it gives me a headache around 2 hours into it. It is also dark and I find difficult to get around with the five stories; I got lost a lot. There is a great Cheesecake Factory on the fourth floor that has the most wonderful cheesecake!

[I am glad my DS is now old enough on our next trip to go solo without parents, with some other boys his age for the afternoon. He will have more fun without a mom who can't play video games at all and be with kids his age who appreciate this place more than mom does!!!]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter