Disney Quest Anyone???

coffman6

Mouseketeer
We are going to WDW in July and DH keeps bringing up Disney Quest.... I Have never heard anything about it can someone please tell us...what ages are the activities for ?? Is it worth checking out or are the waterparks better?? Thanks.

My kids, 11 and 14, love going to disney quest. I think it is best for teens, and soon to be teens. my kids favorite is the ride where you get to design your own roller coaster and then get to ride on it in a simulator. other than that, there are lots of video games of all sorts, some interactive simulators, and other rides. i personally like the water parks better, mostly because i would rather be outside than inside, especially because we usually go at the end of our winter and being out in the warm Florida weather is just so nice.

Im not sure about whats actually at DisneyQuest, but I'm almost positive that you are able to purchase the Waterparks and More option on the Magic Your Way tickets. The Waterparks and More option allows you to go to both. :thumbsup2

My kids love it. We always go. 1/2 day at the most. The pirates of the carribean thing is great fun, as well as the coaster mentioned. There is ceative stuff as well, my son always likes to make a CD. Beware its VERY loud. You can go rest at the cheesecake factory tho and let the kids run around.

22 here and went when i was 20. i thought DQ was quite possibly the coolest thing Disney World could do - if they did it right. personally, i was dismayed. even after getting as psyched as i could for the build your own roller coaster, it was so boring - i really hated it. i think younger folks would be better suited to go, though.

My 13 year old son loves Disney Quest. He is a video game addict and Disney Quest is one of his favorite activities at Disney. My daughter is 11 and is not as interested in video games as my son. She enjoyed Disney Quest, but not as much as my son. The whole family loved the Pirates of the Carribean game. On our last trip, we spent a nonpark day at Blizzard Beach and then headed to Downtown Disney and spent the evening at Disney Quest. We used two plus options for these activities. It made for a fun and relaxingday and evening.

My wife loves Disney Quest. She is not a video game addict but in Disney Quest is one of his favorite activities . She enjoyed Disney Quest :smickey:

When we went three years ago, my (then) 10 y/o DS loved it, but my (then) 7 y/o DD was just PO'ed that she was too short for some of the activities--this after being tall enough for RnRRC, Space, Splash, ToT, etc. DH and I liked the "old fogies" room with all the video games from the 80s. ;)

We're debating whether to go this year. I have it on the list, and we're there 10 days, so why not, I figure. If we have to drop something, this will be it.

I find Disney Quest to be a colossal waste of time and money. Emphasis on the later. We went back when it was included in the Park Hopper so it was free. Nothing special. The make your own roller coaster on a computer then ride it in a flight simulator is cool, but that was the only thing I liked.

I think its an awesome place and Im 27...the virtual Jungle Cruise is a lot of fun, plus CyberSpace Mountain which I could do again and again, and the Pirates ride is really cool too...add to that all of the new and classic arcade games and its well worth it to me.

i'm 22 and my fiance is 25 and we both love going lol. but we're big video game nuts. i'd say young kids or anyone who loves video games would have a blast. it's, what, 5 floors i believe, of video games and virtual reality games.

Disney Quest is an Interactive Indoor Theme Park, You can go to cyberspace mountain, build your own rollercoaster and then ride it, you can defeat the pirates in the pirates of the caribbean game, go down the jungle cruise in a raft, fly on a magic carpet and capture some jewels and many other games. It is a lot of fun. I make sure to go there every trip.

Question... I have park hopper tics from last year non expiring ...is Disney Quest a separate ticket or can we go to a park during the day and Disney quest at night (hop) or would that be a separate ticket?

I was told to go to Disney Quest when the weather was bad...but everyone did the same as well

We bought our DQ tickets separately from our Park tickets.
www.ticketmania.com has them at a discount.

We will spend 3 hours at DQ on 6/28 or 6/29.
We will arrive at DQ after lunch - about 1:30 PM.
DQ opens at 10:30 AM - the time where there not alot of people.
The DQ crowds increase as it get closer to the evening hours.

DS, teen, very into gamecude, PS2 & gameboy DS.
The rest of the family can do without, but DQ is our son's graduation present, so we all go.

So our group may split up at DQ - but some rides do sound fun...

:) EXPLORE ZONE: You'll be transported to another world as you experience the Virtual Jungle Cruise while shooting the rapids. Aladdin's Magic Carpet Ride sends you through Agrabah as you race to release the Genie. Go in search of hidden treasure on the Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle for Buccaneer Gold.

:) SCORE ZONE: The Mighty Ducks Pinball Slam puts you in the middle of the action.

:) REPLAY ZONE: Classic games and rides with Buzz Lightyear's AstroBlaster pitting you against your competitors in a zany bumper car race. The Dance Zone offers the latest dance video games and KidQuest is designed for kids ages 2 - 7. Custom Redemption Games require the purchase of Disney Quest Game Play Cards. Points can be used to redeem prizes.

I've never been to Disney Quest and was wondering how busy it is, especially in the evening. We'll be at WDW Sept 30-Oct 7.
Thanks
4Jays

Wow!! Thank you everyone for your help :thumbsup2 We have decided to wait another year or so..our DS is just 6 now and may be a little too young yet!! DD's will not be as into it. I could always take the girls shopping or to the water parks while the boys go play!! :lmao: Again a big thanks to all for the help!! :goodvibes

We have not been to Typhoon Lagoon but Blizzard Beach is a great water park for all!! It was two years ago when we went and the kids were 10, 08, 06, and 4 years old and they all still remember and enjoyed it esp. the family raft!! We are going back in July and will try Typhoon Lagoon then and go back to Blizzard Beach. You can see Blizzard on the Travel channels top 10 water parks (I think it was number 2 then) it is a lot of fun. We found the best time was the afternoon when all the burnt people left. Fun Times!! :banana:

DQ is a must visit during each of our trips. We simply use one of our 6 pluses we get to go in there.

Its an adult arcade with Virtual Reality games as well as those old time favorites from back in the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter