Disney private van for 8 - how did I not know about this?

MomOTwins

The Mommy Fairy
I don't consider myself a newbie (4th cruise coming up), so I was surprised to learn something new today. The only Disney transfers from a WDW resort to Port Canaveral I could find any info about online were Minnie Van service at $249 for up to 6 people, which was too few for our party of 7, or the Disney bus at $39 per person. I like taking Disney transport to the port even though I know you pay a premium because I always get nervous about the "what ifs" if something were to happen on the road and we end up missing the ship because they only wait for people on Disney transportation. I was talking to embarkation guest services today on another booking issue and they suggested that with our party of 7, we might want to switch from the bus to a private luxury van for $195. Even after factoring in a 20% tip, that would still save us the cost of the bus transfer for one person in our party of 7. And it did include a car seat for our 4 year old, which I much prefer to him riding the bus with no car seat (they also said they can accommodate wheelchairs, in case that is relevant to others).

So if you have a party of more than 6, and want a "Disney" option to get to the port, this might be useful info. Not sure if this is something new, or just something I'd never heard of before.

I note we were able to choose whatever we wanted for a pickup time since it is a private van, just like the Minnie van, so if you want to get to the port earlier with a smaller group and not pay Minnie Van prices, this could also be a good solution. We personally don't like waiting around the crowded port so are leaving on the later side.

Thanks for the info. Over 20 cruises here and it is news to me, too. We've used the Minnie Vans the last few cruises but with a smaller group.

Do you know if like the Minnie vans, it is necessary that the ride must be from or to a WDW resort? Wondering if it is available to/from MCO as well.

And how about luggage?Our last two trips to the ship, I was able to add luggage pickup by calling on Thursday for a Saturday cruise.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the info. Over 20 cruises here and it is news to me, too. We've used the Minnie Vans the last few cruises but with a smaller group.

Do you know if like the Minnie vans, it is necessary that the ride must be from or to a WDW resort? Wondering if it is available to/from MCO as well.

And how about luggage?Our last two trips to the ship, I was able to add luggage pickup by calling on Thursday for a Saturday cruise.

Thanks again.
Eep, sorry I don’t know about airport since we are doing resorts on both ends of the cruise. I would expect the luggage could be done if it can for a minnie van (we just planned on calling bell services to pick ours up and get it to the lobby).

I
Eep, sorry I don’t know about airport since we are doing resorts on both ends of the cruise. I would expect the luggage could be done if it can for a minnie van (we just planned on calling bell services to pick ours up and get it to the lobby).

That's what I did the first couple times we used a Minnie Van to the port. At that time, luggage transfer wasn't an option. But I just find it easier when the bags are picked up from the room and we next see them outside the cabins. There is a $25 fee for up to six bags. IIRC it is $5/additional bag after six. Fewer people to tip as well.

I should add that it was not as seamless in January as it had been in October. When our luggage had still not been picked up by about nine, I called. Talked to several people between Embarkation services and bell services at AKL. Twice I was told that luggage service couldn't be used if taking a Minnie Van even though I had booked it two days earlier and had used it a few months earlier as well. But in the end, it worked out just fine.

When are you using the van service? Will you report back?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter