DISney Princesses are back to party w/ the Pirates! May 2008! *WE'RE BACK!!!*

My sister and I were there once 5 years ago on a rainy day. No tropical storm, but the rain didn't let up right away like it usually does. There was no wind, though. We wore ponchos and went on rides anyway. It was the last day of our trip - no way we were going to let rain get in our way! School is going all right, for week one. Thanks for asking. I'm dawdling here - I promised myself I would get 3 calculus problems done this afternoon. I've done one. I checked at work on available days in October when I could take a long weekend. The only one available was Oct 24 - 27. I put in for it, and figured even if I don't go anywhere, I could use the time to study. I also asked Dreams Unlimited for a quote for Disneyland for that weekend. I don't know if it is because I was there for such a limited time, but when I think of going to Disney World, I keep yearning for Disneyland. I just didn't have enough time there, I think. I need to go back and get satisfied. :goodvibes I couldn't believe the flight was much cheaper. It's so much longer, I would expect it to be more. Anyway . . . back to work here :rolleyes:

I actually love Disney in the rain! Such a different experience. Well except for our MNSSHP last year...that rain was CRAZY!

Glad school is going well Julie. It will get better after a couple weeks. Your just coming off summer vacation. It's always hard to get back into the swing of things. Thats exciting you may be going back to Disneyland! How do you like Dreams Unlimited? Do you get a good deal even if you are a solo traveler?

Well I hope everyone is enjoying the last weeks of Summer. Fall is quickly coming!

Hi Cheryl! School is going well for week one. We've had to read so many short stories already for my composition class, and I've been surprised by how interesting and good they are. I've spent most of the day today reading - we were assigned two chapters for over the weekend! Anyway, I need to change my thinking here and start doing calculus. Not yet - I need to avoid it for just a few more minutes :) . I can't really decide yet on a trip - I may wait until closer to the weekend, and see how school is going. I couldn't resist getting a quote, though, so I could dream about it. The Luxor Hotel in Vegas already sent me an offer for 3 free nights, $100 slot play, and $100 towards an airline ticket! I couldn't believe it! They must really be hurting. That would be an option, too. I could use the little airport right by my house, and that is a big bonus. They also fly to Orlando Sanford, but only on Sundays and Thursdays! I did not use Dreams Unlimited back in May to go to Disney World. They did not seem to have good rates. I felt uneasy about my first trip to Disneyland, though, and I wanted an expert to help me. They did such a nice job for me in July! I made my plans at the last minute, and everything went off without a hitch. I felt like they were doing the worrying for me, and I could just relax. Their rates don't seem to be any cheaper than what is offered on the Disneyland site. I am betting I could get cheaper rates through a discount travel site, and I may check to see if it would be significant when the time gets closer. Their service can't be beat, though. Things have really cooled down for us here. The weather is perfect right now. It is so cool and fresh in the mornings, and hot and sunny in the afternoons. I'm hoping this lasts for a couple of months!! I hope you also enjoy the rest of your Summer! I wish we all had a meet coming up! If I could have gotten the weekend off that Megan was going to be in Orlando, I was seriously considering it! She said we could spend part of the 19th together, and it would have been nice to see her again, and enjoy Disney with another person. Oh well . . . . O.K., enough delay. Off to do math :goodvibes

Ohhh choices choices. Vegas, DL or WDW. Which ever you choose will be great. Dreams Unlimited sounds awesome. If I ever go to DL I will most likely use a Travel agent sice it would be my first trip out West and I don't know as much about DL as I do about WDW. Traveling to WDW is like taking a trip downtown. haha I know it like the back of my hand. Everything is going well here just working and looking forward to Disney again. :rotfl: I've decided to keep my reservation for Nov because it would be too much of a headache to change it to October. Since I'm using my free flight on SWA. I renewed my pass for another year so I'm thinking maybe May again or early June. Would any of you be up for a meet then? I would really like to plan another one. I'm totally flexable for times though doesn't have to be May or June. If anyone is interested let me know! I hope you all are doing well can't believe it's already almost been 3 months since our meet! My gosh does the time fly. Talk to you all soon! :hug:

Do you buy an annual pass for WDW? My sister and I have talked about that. If you go often enough, it definitely pays for itself. This year was the first time that I felt like I really knew my way around the Magic Kingdom and Epcot. That is one really weird thing about going to Disneyland. I got turned around a couple of times. It's strange not to see the castle from everywhere, because the castle is MUCH smaller than in Orlando. It seemed like a parallel universe somehow. Disneyland is so similar, yet so different from the Magic Kingdom. Even the rides that are the same are different. It's a cool experience - you would love it! :goodvibes

I don't know though . . . I'm betting the Halloween party at WDW is spectactular, I've never been to the Food & Wine Festival, and I still have 4 days left on my WDW pass (I bought a 7 day no expiration pass with my Disney dollars two years ago, and I only used 3 days in May). You stayed at Pop Century, right Cheryl? Did you like it? I could have a wonderful weekend getaway for not a lot of money. Oh what to do :rolleyes1

I just played Buzz Lightyear from home. That was so much fun!! I downloaded the game from the Disneyland site while I was at school, and it was ready to go when I got home. :thumbsup2

Hi Julie! Yup I have an AP for Disney World. I got it July 07 and from July 07-08 I went on 3 trips. (July 07, Oct and May 08.) So in total I used the pass for 16 days. I renewed just before the prices went up and I'm glad I did because the AP went up $20. It doesn't seem like much but when you think about paying the tax on that $400+ ticket it adds up fast. I figure this year I will go in Nov and sometime this coming spring/early summer. I think the AP is worth it because you also get discounts around the "world" on different things. If you hhave anymore questions about it don't be afraid to ask.

Ohhh and yea I did stay at Pop last time. Haha the past 4 times actually. I love pop. I've stayed at 3 out of the 4 values and this is my favorite. They have their own busses (they don't share like the all stars do) and the atmosphere is so fun!!!

That Buzz game sounds fun. Is it just on the DL site?

Hi Cheryl - Thanks for the info! I'm going to have to look into the annual pass in the future. It has been fun having the no expiration pass, and knowing that whenever I want to go, my theme park admission is covered. My sister and I stayed at All Star Sports five years ago. It tickled me to walk to the food court early in the morning for coffee through an oversized, cartoonish football field. I'm betting I would get a kick out of Pop Century, too. That's nice that they don't share buses! I don't see the Buzz game on the WDW site. I saw a sign at the ride in Disneyland about playing on-line, and I just decided to try it out. Supposedly, somehow playing on-line lights up targets in the Disneyland ride. I think you can partner up with someone on the ride, but last night, I played with someone else who was on-line. I'll have to look into it more. I think my sister and I are going to go to Disneyland next May. I have told her so much about it that she wants to experience it for herself. We'll see - she was disappointed that she could not join us for our meet this year.

Having an AP is great. Just knowing that I have the admission covered saves me so much money on the trips. Any time I see a cheap flight though I always want to take a short weekend trip. haha Ive done a three day trip and never again. I would rather just go for a longer period of time.

Ohhhh that game sounds awesome! I will have to check it out.

Disneyland sounds great! I want to check it out sometime but I'm a little afraid solo since it's not all covered by Disney. WDW is so convienent. ME picks you up at the airport and takes you right to the resort and you have unlimited transportation. But after hearing about your trip to DL I may just have to check it out. It most likely wont be till after my AP expires. I can't see buying tickets to DL when I have my AP for WDW. If you guys decide to go to WDW instead let me know! I will be glad to meet up with you guys! :hug:

Hi Cheryl! I just love that I know other people I can obsess about Disney with :goodvibes I thought maybe you would all start getting sick of my vacation dreaming, so I started e-mailing my sister everything. My dad and I spent this weekend with her - it's about a 2 hour 20 minute drive for me. Anyway, she said I cracked her up - every other e-mail was about Disney! I'm glad it made her laugh instead of irritating her. She really wants to buy an annual pass. I've read that if you can spend 10 to 14 days there, it's a cost savings. I'm not sure that was taking into consideration the savings on resorts. If the little airport by me offered more flights, I would be very tempted to get an annual pass. Then weekend getaways would be more hassle free. It is too bad that Disney doesn't do some sort of coast-to-coast ticket so that Disney World passes could be used at Disneyland, and vice versa. I didn't think Disneyland would be that great - I thought I would be somewhat disappointed with it in comparison to Disney World. That's why I went for such a short stay - just a day and a half. I was in Vegas anyway, and I got a great deal on a quick little airplane ride from Vegas to Anaheim. I wasn't disappointed at all. There are things I like better about Disney World, and things I like better about Disneyland. Now that I've gotten a taste of it, I can't wait to go back. John Wayne airport is very nice. It was easy to find the Disney Express bus. They do need a value resort in Anaheim. Even the lowest price Disneyland resort is expensive. I am seriously considering Disney World for October. I want to experience the Halloween party, and the Food & Wine Festival, and, it's a shorter airplane ride for me . . . . O.K. I keep thinking I should seriously make reservations already so that I can stop thinking about it, and pestering everyone else with my indecision :rolleyes: What do you think about a meet as a Disney cruise some day?

Julie, you will have to let me know if you come down for a visit! We'll have to get together! Maybe a mini-DIS Meet in the works! :banana:

I would love to do a DIS Meet Disney Cruise! I know Cheryl & I have mentioned that a few times. Wouldn't that be amazing!? :yay:

I've been super busy with work and don't get enough time on the DIS anymore, except to check-in on my fav threads, etc.

But, I jsut had to come say hi to everyone and share my most exciting news!!! That I know Cheryl & Megan already know about from my Facebook obsession, haha! :laughing:

Michael Phelps was at the MK the other day for his American Homecoming Parade and it was amazing! I love him and it was such a last minute surprise. I thought I'd post my pics! :goodvibes Luckily, I wasn't working, so I got to join in on the fun! :woohoo:

n25002324_34527095_9599.jpg

n25002324_34527096_9901.jpg

n25002324_34527097_212.jpg

n25002324_34527102_1764.jpg

Just so you know...I have my page on YouTube, where I post ALL my many Disney videos and stuff...my screen name there is FairyTaleBride! That's easy to remember! ;)

Julie-

I agree with you they should totally have a program if you buy a WDW AP and if you pay like an extra $50 you can add DL. That would be nice! With the AP I believe the break even point is 11 days. I read that on the Dis but I don't know if you count park hopping in that. I assume you do. You should totally book your trip for October. The decorations are beautiful and the halloween party is so fun! :thumbsup2 If you feel like going for Christmas I'll be there in Nov!

As Lindsey said we have talked about doing a DCL meet before. I would totally be up for that and I think that would be such a blast! :yay: Maybe a 3 night or a 4 night double dip?! It would be so much fun!!!!

Lindsey-

Everytime I see those pictures my heart skips a beat! :lovestruc Hahaha hes so cute!

Lindsey - thank you so much for posting those pictures! I had seen a tiny little one on AOL, and I was wishing for more. I think I will come down - the weekend of October 24 - 27. Thanks for the nudge, Cheryl :cutie: Lindsey, will you be back from Hawaii? I would love to do a Disney Cruise with all of you - I'm betting my sister would, too. :goodvibes

I will be back in Disney World next month! :cool1: :banana: :rotfl2: :yay: :woohoo: :cheer2: I arrive on Friday, 10/24, and leave on Monday, 10/27. I got a fantastic deal through themouseforless. I wanted something fairly inexpensive for just a long weekend, and they got me an amazing price. I never used them before, but I couldn't find a deal on my own. Dreams said that there were no fall specials left for the value or moderate resorts, and quoted me rack rates. I read about themouseforless, and decided to try one last place. They saved me about $300!! How could I pass that up :) I've got Halloween party tickets for 10/26. I'm going to try the dining plan for the first time, so I already know where I will be eating each night. I'm kind of glad. Most of the planning is done - I really need to forget about this vacation for awhile and study. :rolleyes:

Ohhhhh thats sooooo exciting Julie! Will you be down there to meet up with Megan and Lindsey? If so I will really have to look into switching. I can't have you guys meeting up with out me! :hug:

You know what Cheryl - I don't know if anyone will be there when I am there. Megan was going to be there the weekend before, but I couldn't get that weekend off. I don't know when Lindsey will be back from Hawaii. It may just be me.

Yay Julie!!! How exciting!!! :yay:

I will be here because I don't leave for Hawaii until mid-November.
I will be at the MK, but my days off are Friday & Saturday. I will be there Sunday and Monday. :thumbsup2

Julie, I can't believe I will just miss you! I am leaving for the cruise part of my trip on the 23rd!

Lindsey we have to talk about when we might meet up. I get in early evening on the 18th. Not sure if you want to meet for dinner maybe?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter