• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney + Price Increase

I’m going without ads…. Hopefully they offer a multi-year discount

Yeah, I've been on that great 3 year deal for the early adopters, but I do plan to continue. I think if you do the one-year you do get a discount, but I don't know that they'll have a multi-year plan.

Reactions: GAN
When you look at it from a different vision Disney+ wants to be king of streaming services and has always been trying to attract more subscribers and what's the trick? Increasing the price and now that they're are selling bundles that also include Hulu ESPN and Discovery+ they know that these bundles and this price increase will attract more subscribers. Because there are people who are diehard Disney fans and want to see every Disney movie made and the classic Disney TV shows like Spin And Marty and the Disneyland TV series. Then there are the Marvel fans who would love seeing every Marvel cartoon made in history as well as movies like Doctor Strange Black Panther Black Widow and others. But what mainly draws people to get Disney+ is the people who like their own programming like Wandavision She-Hulk Attorney At Law Falcon And The Winter Soldier High School Musical The Series Hawkeye Loki and the Star Wars series like The Mandalorian The Book Of Boba Fett Obi-Wan Kenobi to new shows like Ms. Marvel and others but I think the main reason why Disney+ increased their prices was because of the holiday season just around the corner and during Thanksgiving they will continue to offer special deals till Christmas as Black Friday specials

I am going for multi-year as well, let's see what they gonna offer.
Otherwise iptv is always an option. Here you can read more about it and the thought on it legitimacy.
From my side i don't see anything wrong with it. Curious to hear some opposite opinions.

Last edited:
How profitable is Disney Plus? As of October first Disney's contract with Dish has expired. The President of Dish is saying in his message that Disney + is not profitable for the Company so they are charging Dish a billion more to help with keeping Disney + He is encouraging all viewers to call and complain to Disney. https://www.si.com/college/2022/10/...t-espn-other-disney-networks-contract-dispute So not happy with this! Hoping this gets settled before college basketball season starts.

How profitable is Disney Plus? As of October first Disney's contract with Dish has expired.
Disney+/ESPN+ are streaming. They are not included in Dish and are something people pay for seperately/in addition to cable. Disney Channel and ESPN are part of Dish and what is no longer available to Dish subscribers.

Increasing the price and now that they're are selling bundles that also include Hulu ESPN and Discovery+
Disney bundles do not include Discover+. Discovery+ is for now a stand alone service, but will become part of HBOMax next summer. In summer 2023 Discovery+ will no longer be a stand alone service but will be a hub within HBOMax.

How profitable is Disney Plus? As of October first Disney's contract with Dish has expired. The President of Dish is saying in his message that Disney + is not profitable for the Company so they are charging Dish a billion more to help with keeping Disney + He is encouraging all viewers to call and complain to Disney. https://www.si.com/college/2022/10/...t-espn-other-disney-networks-contract-dispute So not happy with this! Hoping this gets settled before college basketball season starts.
It’s true that D+ isn’t profitable for Disney right now, but that is misleading. D+ is ahead of original projections and is expected to be profitable by the end of fiscal year ‘22. They are WELL within where they expected to be, because as a startup they are faced with many initial costs that they continue to recover. If anything, Dish is probably closer to(or in) financial hardship. If Disney needed their money, they would have settled for a lower counteroffer by Dish.

We like having it now that it has Hulu too and they are having some decent original content. So far we are satisfied.

I've been on that great 3 year deal for the early adopters
We did that also, but it is almost at an end. If I recall correctly, the people on the 2-year plan got some special offers. But I have not seen anything for the 3-year plans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter