Disney + price increase starting 10/12/23

Make sure to browse the Disney Bundle options if you already subscribe to Hulu or are considering Hulu.

If anyone is successful at this, please let us know. If Disney offers a better deal I might renew.

I checked my Chase offers and there's nothing there as of yet. Last year I got a credit for $13.99 ("Disney Bundle") after I renewed last year, but I never bought the bundle, only Disney+.
If you have a Citibank card check your Merchant offers. There’s 15% back, up to $16.50 (so 15% off the 109.99 annual price).

Wow to $139. I renewed in April at $109 and I thought that was probably too much, given that we watch D+ only occasionally. At $139, I'll be treating D+ the way I treat a couple of other streaming services--subscribe for a month, then cancel when I've finished watching what I want to watch.

I canceled. Hulu last year and in December I got an offer for a year of Hulu for $1.99/month with ads. I took it. But, OMG, the ads. Sometimes there are more ads than there are program. Or anyway it seems that way. But for $1.99/month, I put up with it, especially since we don't watch all that much on Hulu. If the frequency of ads on Hulu is any indication of what ads on D+ will be like , , , ack!

This is the time of the year I cancel everything because of Black Friday coming up. I had great annual
deals last year and im hoping this year also. Maybe wait it out until then.

Seems every streaming service i have these days now offer ads as less expensive option. Didn't use
to be like that. Might as well go back to cable. lol

Last edited:

So I originally had Disney+ no ads, then had Hulu, bundled them with no ads. In the beginning the ads on Disney+ and Hulu were not that bad, but recently they are every 5 minutes or so. Saying that I did get 35 percent off my YC CL WV room which saved 2500 off my vacation. I am in the minority but when my Hulu and Disney+ subscription runs out in two weeks since I just canceled last month, I am going to resubscribe for the Disney Bundle without ads. If Disney gives another discount in 2024 for having Disney+ I still will make out. If not, well I have no ads.

I don't see any yearly subscriptions for a bundle with Hulu and Disney+. Am I missing it? I was looking at signing up to save some $$ before the increase.

We cancelled in August due to the $139 increase.
Then they offered the commercial plan for $1.99/month for 3 months. So we signed back up. Already planning to cancel again that runs out.

For anyone interested, Hulu usually offers a deal around Black Friday each year for the plan with ads. I've paid between 99cent/month and 1.99/month for the last few years. Just alternate the email addresses/subscribers. Not the best but ok when nothing else is on.

Last year I got in on Nov 25.

For anyone interested, Hulu usually offers a deal around Black Friday each year for the plan with ads. I've paid between 99cent/month and 1.99/month for the last few years. Just alternate the email addresses/subscribers. Not the best but ok when nothing else is on.

Yep and if I recall correctly last year many could also add on Disney+ to that 1.99 Hulu deal for only $2.99 a month.

Just a note, it looks like Hulu is offering this deal now - 99 cents a month for a year.

Just a note, it looks like Hulu is offering this deal now - 99 cents a month for a year.
Yes, that is back!

A few weeks ago, we switched to Verizon's offer of $10/month for D+ (no ads), Hulu (ads) and ESPN+. Netted out to a quarter more a month than the annual D+ only plan we were on.

Yes, that is back!

A few weeks ago, we switched to Verizon's offer of $10/month for D+ (no ads), Hulu (ads) and ESPN+. Netted out to a quarter more a month than the annual D+ only plan we were on.

How bad is hulu witht he ads? I am thinking about getting the deal, but I may not watch it much if the ads are obnoxious.

How bad is hulu witht he ads? I am thinking about getting the deal, but I may not watch it much if the ads are obnoxious.
So we haven't really watched anything yet but I just threw on a show for 15 minutes and there was just 90 seconds at the start and 120 at the 12 minute mark or so. We had it for a bit a few years ago and never considered the ads too obnoxious. Hope that helps!

My younger daughter has perfected hitting mute when the ads start. The one screen timer is great for perfecting the ending of mute.
We haven't watched much Hulu yet, but we too love the onscreen timer for the ads on Disney+! Very helpful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter