Disney Premier Visa

raidermatt

Be water, my friend.
Bottom line, $49 a year to earn an extra 1% on gas, groceries and restaurants, as well as at Disney owned locations.

I noticed that at the link you go to if you want to upgrade from the current Disney Visa, they have an offer where you get an extra 3% for the first 3 months at those same establishments as above.

Walt Disney Co DIS:NYSE
Chase Launches Disney's Premier Visa Card
BusinessWire
9:42 AM ET

To deliver the Disney promise of creating special memories that last a lifetime, Chase Card Services, a division of JPMorgan Chase & Co. [NYSE: JPM] and The Walt Disney Company [NYSE: DIS], through its subsidiary Disney Rewards LLC, announced today the launch of Disney's Premier Visa(R) Card from Chase. The new card offers customers ways to earn rewards twice as fast, the opportunity to now redeem toward airline travel in addition to most everything Disney, plus access to special Cardmember-only perks when visiting Walt Disney World(R) and the Disneyland(R) Resorts.

With Disney's Premier Visa Card, Cardmembers earn 2% in Disney Dream Reward Dollars(R) on card purchases at restaurants, grocery stores, gas stations and most Disney locations at Walt Disney World(R) Resort, the Disneyland(R) Resort, Disney Cruise Line(R) and Disney Store. Cardmembers earn 1% on all other purchases made with the card.

"We developed Disney's Premier Visa Card with one simple objective in mind -- to deliver what Disney's customers told us was most important in a rewards credit card -- earning rewards faster," said Robert Belan, General Manager, Chase Card Services. "The ability to earn 2% on every day card purchases -- specifically at restaurants, gas stations and grocery stores -- was a key theme from our research and we're pleased to offer that as a benefit on this new card."

In addition to being able to redeem Disney Dream Reward Dollars toward Disney hotel stays, Theme Park tickets, cruises, movie tickets and merchandise, Disney's Premier Visa Cardmembers can also redeem toward airline travel on any airline to any destination, with no block-out dates. Cardmembers simply buy airline tickets with their card and then pay themselves back by redeeming reward dollars for a credit on their monthly statement.

"Since we first launched the Disney Rewards(R) Visa Card in 2003, our priority has been providing a rewards program our customers can really use -- i ncluding a huge variety of rewards and easy, flexible redemption," said Jennifer Cohen, Senior Vice President of Customer Relationship Management for The Walt Disney Company. "For example, we have never had block-out dates and Cardmembers can redeem toward just about anything Disney from Theme Park tickets, hotel stays, dining and cruises to toys, apparel, movies, games, books and more. Offering more rewards on everyday purchases and the option to redeem toward Disney or airline travel are two more features intended to deliver on the Disney promise of high quality at good value."

Disney's Premier Visa Cardmembers also enjoy access to amazing perks 365 days-a-year when visiting Walt Disney World(R) Resort and the Disneyland(R) Resort, including a Disney Character Meet 'N' Greet at a private Cardmember location and special savings at Disney's U.S. Theme Parks and Disney Store retail locations and at DisneyStore.com. See www.DisneyVisaPerks.com for more details.

Cardmembers can choose from eight new magical double-sided card designs featuring some of the most beloved Disney Characters including Sorcerer Mickey, Tinker Bell and Lightning McQueen. These custom designs are reserved exclusively for Disney's Premier Visa Cardmembers.

Additionally, Disney's Premier Visa Card from Chase offers the following benefits, all for a low $49 annual fee:

-- No cap on the number of Disney Dream Reward Dollars that can be earned

-- 0% APR for six months on select Disney vacation packages, all Disney Cruise Line(R) and Adventures by Disney(R) vacation packages

-- 0% APR for six months on the purchase of a real est ate interest in a Disney Vacation Club(R) Resort up to $10,000 or on a minimum add-on purchase

-- $50 onboard credit on a Disney Cruise Line(R) vacation

-- Dedicated 24-7 customer service team at Chase

-- Visa Zero Liability purchase protection coverage

-- Visa travel protection benefits, including emergency card replacement, travel accident insurance and baggage delay coverage

-- New Cardmembers can apply at www.getdisneycreditcard.com. Existing Disney Rewards(R) Visa(R) Cardmembers can apply for an upgrade to Disney's Premier Visa Card at www.upgrademydisneycard.com or by calling the number on the back of their card.

For more information or to apply for a new card, please visit www.getdisneycreditcard.com or call (888) 752-3788.

About The Walt Disney Company

The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with five business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. Disney is a Dow 30 company and had annual revenues of about $40.9 billion in its last fiscal year.

About Chase

Chase is the U.S. consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.3 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. Chase serves consumers and small businesses through 5,400 bank branches, 16,800 ATMs, mortgage offices, and online and mobile banking as well as through relationships with auto dealerships and schools and universities. Chase also has issued more than 90 million credit cards. More information about Chase is available at www.chase.com.

SOURCE: Chase Card Services

Chase Card Services Rob Tacey, 302-282-3094 Rob.Tacey@Chase.com

I upgraded my regular Disney Visa to the new one last night. It is 5% for the first 3 months, not 3%. I can't wait to start earning these extra rewards. Super excited!:woohoo:

I upgraded my regular Disney Visa to the new one last night. It is 5% for the first 3 months, not 3%. I can't wait to start earning these extra rewards. Super excited!:woohoo:
Do you spend that much in the special categories? Just to break even, you need to spend $4900 on gas, groceries, restaurants and Disney in 12 months. I think that I need to take out the last 12 months of statements to see if I would hit that mark without changing my spending habits.

However, I'll bet that if you're a DVC owner, it would be worth it just for paying your dues if they count for the double points.

Do you spend that much in the special categories? Just to break even, you need to spend $4900 on gas, groceries, restaurants and Disney in 12 months. I think that I need to take out the last 12 months of statements to see if I would hit that mark without changing my spending habits.

However, I'll bet that if you're a DVC owner, it would be worth it just for paying your dues if they count for the double points.

You only have to spend $2,450 to earn the fee back, not $4900. Remember, you get 2% back in those categories, not 1%.

We put EVERYTHING on our card, and easily spend enough to make it worth it for us. We spend enough to get the free summary that Chase provides showing our year-end totals for each category. We spent about $4000 in gas alone last year. This card will be very beneficial to us even with the fee. Plus we always pay it off every month so we would never have a interest issue, either.

You only have to spend $2,450 to earn the fee back, not $4900. Remember, you get 2% back in those categories, not 1%.
Your logic is flawed here. I already get 1% back in all categories with the regular Disney Visa. In order to make this upgrade worthwhile, you need to get that much MORE in rewards to recoup the $49 annual fee. You would need to spend $4900 in those categories in order to make up the difference between what you would get with the regular Disney Visa and the extra 1% in those specific categories using the Premier Disney Visa.

But if it works for you, that's fine. I just want to make it clear for others that the comparison is not as elementary as you suggest.

Your logic is flawed here. I already get 1% back in all categories with the regular Disney Visa. In order to make this upgrade worthwhile, you need to get that much MORE in rewards to recoup the $49 annual fee. You would need to spend $4900 in those categories in order to make up the difference between what you would get with the regular Disney Visa and the extra 1% in those specific categories using the Premier Disney Visa.

But if it works for you, that's fine. I just want to make it clear for others that the comparison is not as elementary as you suggest.

I was just coming here to update my post, but I will just put it here...

If you are upgrading from your regular Disney Visa then yes you need to spend $4900 in the categories to make it a good deal. We spend $4000+ in gas alone and about $8000 in dining. This card is going to be very beneficial for us. We charge about $45,000 a year, so the extra rewards will be nice.:woohoo:

It is 5% for the first 3 months, not 3%.

Right, that's why I said an extra 3%. You get 2% anyway, the bonus is 3%.

As others pointed out, the breakeven point for an upgrade is $4900 in spending in the specified categories (Gas, groceries, dining, and Disney owned locations).

I think for most people who use the Disney Visa as their primary card, they will spend at least that much. For me, gas alone will pretty much cover it.

But it is still annoying that other cards already offer these levels of rewards, sometimes in cash, without charging the $49 fee.

I would expect that current points transfer over with no problem. If they don't transfer, they would still be with the old account. A big advantage of the new plan is the 2% rewards for grocery stores. For us, that should work for groceries at Hy-Vee, but not for groceries at Walmart. I plan to join the new plan.

Does anyone know if your current Disney Dollars transfer?

I would expect that current points transfer over with no problem. If they don't transfer, they would still be with the old account. A big advantage of the new plan is the 2% rewards for grocery stores. For us, that should work for groceries at Hy-Vee, but not for groceries at Walmart. I plan to join the new plan.

Your current points will transfer. Form what I understand, your card # will be the same, but you will have a new expiration date and 3 digit verification code. I can't wait for our new cards to arrive! :hyper:

Your current points will transfer. Form what I understand, your card # will be the same, but you will have a new expiration date and 3 digit verification code. I can't wait for our new cards to arrive! :hyper:
Pooints all xfer. They just send you a new card (same numbers, different expiration)
There is also new airfare perks. Not sure they exist on the regular Disnsy Chase card or not.
We put everything (gas, groceries, clothes, etc.) on our card and then pay it off monthly. We probably spent around $50K on the card in 2011, so this is a good deal for us. Not sure the $49 is necessary, but it is what it is.

Well, we just converted our regular Disney Visa card to the new card. We can get 5% in rewards in the first three months:cool1: So, we are going to pay off our Disney Cruise $6000 and get $300 in rewards. You do the math:rotfl:

We put EVERYTHING on our card, and easily spend enough to make it worth it for us. We spend enough to get the free summary that Chase provides showing our year-end totals for each category. We spent about $4000 in gas alone last year. This card will be very beneficial to us even with the fee. Plus we always pay it off every month so we would never have a interest issue, either.

We're the same way -- we put everything we can on our Disney VISA and pay it off every month. I need to look at my year-end statement to see how much we spend on gas, groceries & restaurants, but I imagine it will be worth it for us to upgrade. I'm not fond of the $49 annual fee but feel pretty confident it will be a good call ~ considering it!

I called Disney VISA on Friday night after we got the notice in the mail. The gal on the phone said your current points do transfer, you'd keep the same card/account number...they'll just reissue one with a new expiration date and new 3-digit security code on the back.

I asked about the interest rate (14.25 % I think...don't have the info in front of me), which is higher than my current one, and the rep said that I would keep my current interest rate since it is an upgrade and not a new card application.

I buy almost all of our groceries at WalMart and asked her specifically about them -- how VISA categorizes WalMart. She said, "I see you bought groceries at WalMart this afternoon, right?" (Yes, I did.) I don't know how, but she said she could see my purchase history and that WalMart was listed as "grocery". She said vendors have different charge codes for different purchases, so when buying groceries, they're listed as such. (Of course, the phone rep could be been feeding me a line of bull because she knew I was interested...ha!...but I think she was sincere.) If this is true, it will definitely be worth it for us to upgrade.

She explained the airline ticket perks and said Disney VISA now has customers who have been with them for years and whose families have outgrown "Disney" and don't make Disney purchases anymore (trips to the parks, Disney Store, etc.) With the airfare perk -- on any airline -- Disney VISA can keep those customers who may not be flying to DL or WDW but still traveling somewhere else.

Now I have to decide which card design to get -- I like the pink "Princess" and Mickey & Minnie!

Anybody know if annual passes or DVC dues will be included as "Disney purchases" for the Disney 2%?

...I buy almost all of our groceries at WalMart and asked her specifically about them -- how VISA categorizes WalMart. She said, "I see you bought groceries at WalMart this afternoon, right?" (Yes, I did.) I don't know how, but she said she could see my purchase history and that WalMart was listed as "grocery". She said vendors have different charge codes for different purchases, so when buying groceries, they're listed as such. (Of course, the phone rep could be been feeding me a line of bull because she knew I was interested...ha!...but I think she was sincere.) If this is true, it will definitely be worth it for us to upgrade...

I think she's telling the truth. When I was looking at my year end statement earlier this month, I noticed my purchase of two TVs from the electronics department at Target were placed in the groceries category. In fact all my Target purchases were under grocery, whether there was food bought in the order or not. I would imagine this is how they categorize Walmart as well. Which means.... all those purchases (clothing, housewares, electronics, etc.) would earn 2% instead of 1! That is, if they don't change the categorizing with the new card. :)

I'm still only considering it at this point. I have to do the math.

I just upgraded my card this morning and called to ask a bunch of questions. I was told that both Target and Walmart are considered "grocery" stores and that works well for us. I was also told that any purchases at WDW would earn at the 2% rate. My concern was that they were only going to credit you for restaurant purchases. I was told that ticket media got credit for the 2%. In addition, I asked specifically about bars/lounges (like Poly pool bar, Victoria Falls) and was told that those all count toward the 2%. I also asked if my room charge at WDW (charged to my Disney VISA) would be broken down into different categories or if it all went toward the 2% purchases and was told that it would all get 2% (5% for my trip next month). For us, vacations alone will easily pay for the $49 annual fee ..... everything else is a bonus!

I hope the terms that have set up stay in effect and don't change in the near future or beyond!

Does anyone know if disney tickets purchased online would be included in the 2%? Also if disney store/disney online gift card purchases would count?

Did anyone think to ask when they got the premier cards how using the rewards on your card account (not redemption card, but in your CC banks still) will work as far as the interest is concerned. I like most of you pay my card off every month so I don't pay interest. My card is going to pay for itself on a dining plan for an upcoming trip. But I was thinking of using my rewards towards the airline tickets and then I thought if I have to wait 1 to 2 statements for the credit to apply to my account won't I really pay too many rewards since the interest is something like 14.25%? If anyone know please advise. Thanks! :wizard:

Did anyone think to ask when they got the premier cards how using the rewards on your card account (not redemption card, but in your CC banks still) will work as far as the interest is concerned. I like most of you pay my card off every month so I don't pay interest. My card is going to pay for itself on a dining plan for an upcoming trip. But I was thinking of using my rewards towards the airline tickets and then I thought if I have to wait 1 to 2 statements for the credit to apply to my account won't I really pay too many rewards since the interest is something like 14.25%? If anyone know please advise. Thanks! :wizard:

First of all...

:welcome: to the Disboards!

As to your question, I suggest that you continue to pay your monthly bill in full until the rewards are applied as a payment on your account. This will keep you from having any interest issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter