Disney pregnancy announcement ideas?

TreeSapp

That weird guest in line who'll talk to anyone.
6 weeks pregnant tomorrow & headed to Disney for the weekend. We may be able to squeeze one more weekend in before our Halloween Announcement date but I'd like to try and get a good picture or two that are 'on theme' & a little clever.

Any one have any idea? Thanks :D

Congrats on the pregnancy!! I'm currently 28 weeks along and will be in Disney World TOMORROW!

I hope some people have some clever announcement ideas...I'm not very good at "clever" ideas and such. My announcement to my parents was to buy them each sweatshirts that say, "Great dads get promoted to Grandpa" and "Great moms get promoted to Grandma"...that's about as clever as I get.

For my trip this time though I have a couple of props that I am bringing and plan on getting for pictures (I'm having my maternity photos done at Epcot but these are also for just in the parks). I got these really adorable Disney baby shoes that I plan on using in pictures (little harder since you don't know the gender yet...but some generic baby shoes could work). I'm planning on getting one of the baby Mickey Ear Hats and having "Baby (last name)" embroidered on the back. I'm also bringing my pregnancy journal with me for the characters to sign the cover of. I'm pretty obviously pregnant...so I don't know how well any of these things would work from an announcement perspective...but that's all I've got really.

And I know these aren't super clever...but there's always the t-shirt announcement idea or holding up a sign at a character M&G (awaiting the arrival of our new mouseketeer or something like that) or the traditional ultrasound picture being held up in the photo if you have one.

Hopefully someone much more clever than me jumps in with some suggestions. But congrats again and enjoy your trip!!

Congrats on the pregnancy!! I'm currently 28 weeks along and will be in Disney World TOMORROW! I hope some people have some clever announcement ideas...I'm not very good at "clever" ideas and such. My announcement to my parents was to buy them each sweatshirts that say, "Great dads get promoted to Grandpa" and "Great moms get promoted to Grandma"...that's about as clever as I get. For my trip this time though I have a couple of props that I am bringing and plan on getting for pictures (I'm having my maternity photos done at Epcot but these are also for just in the parks). I got these really adorable Disney baby shoes that I plan on using in pictures (little harder since you don't know the gender yet...but some generic baby shoes could work). I'm planning on getting one of the baby Mickey Ear Hats and having "Baby (last name)" embroidered on the back. I'm also bringing my pregnancy journal with me for the characters to sign the cover of. I'm pretty obviously pregnant...so I don't know how well any of these things would work from an announcement perspective...but that's all I've got really. And I know these aren't super clever...but there's always the t-shirt announcement idea or holding up a sign at a character M&G (awaiting the arrival of our new mouseketeer or something like that) or the traditional ultrasound picture being held up in the photo if you have one. Hopefully someone much more clever than me jumps in with some suggestions. But congrats again and enjoy your trip!!

Sound like a great mix of stuff :D
We won't get an ultra sound til right after we get back. There's a tolerable chance we've got twins (two 'ready' eggs on the ultrasound) so I'm gonna have to do things *both* ways this time. Maybe after we know we can get a hat/hats? Love the Mouseketeer thing! Nice & gender neutral :D

Are you going to MNSSHP? If so, I'm sure Jack and Sally would love to take part in your announcement either by holding "caption" signs or both indicating you have a very little one with you.

Are you going to MNSSHP? If so, I'm sure Jack and Sally would love to take part in your announcement either by holding "caption" signs or both indicating you have a very little one with you.

We weren't planning on it. My nausea & fatigue have been on and off for about 10days now. Using days on our APs is no risk, $140 in party tickets Would be a bummer if I couldn't manage to get thru it

In the Winnie the Pooh store outside the ride they have lots of "baby" stuff. How about doing some cute poses with baby tigger stuff or something like that?

We weren't planning on it. My nausea & fatigue have been on and off for about 10days now. Using days on our APs is no risk, $140 in party tickets Would be a bummer if I couldn't manage to get thru it

I empathize with you. I had 24 hours/day "morning" sickness. Hope you get over that milestone soon!:)

There are some cute Halloween photo ops and decor in Town Square. Or, you can clue in Talking Mic and the attendants in TST to have Mickey "say" Congratulations and then hand you a Baby plush of your favorite character with a Congratulations button attached. My DD has been very good friends with Talking Mic... will check with her regarding baby announcement photos with characters.

Not a photo idea but this is how DD and DSIL broke the news to us: we have a tradition in the family that if someone goes to WDW, they bring back a little something for everyone else. They returned from their trip and presented us with a pair of Disney gift bags. Inside were WDW coffee mugs with Grandma and Grandpa on them. I will always treasure them.

Congratulations and I hope others will post some great photo ideas.

I empathize with you. I had 24 hours/day "morning" sickness. Hope you get over that milestone soon!:)

There are some cute Halloween photo ops and decor in Town Square. Or, you can clue in Talking Mic and the attendants in TST to have Mickey "say" Congratulations and then hand you a Baby plush of your favorite character with a Congratulations button attached. My DD has been very good friends with Talking Mic... will check with her regarding baby announcement photos with characters.

Awesome, thanks!

You gotta do the mouse ears!

Pose in front of the castle wearing mouse ears and holding a child's mouse ears!

Or pose, facing the castle wearing mouse ears that say "mommy" and "daddy" with your heads tilted toward each other.

DD's responses:

~ Mickey has held a sign to assist in the announcement
~ Mickey has opened a gift bag and pulled out a onesie

You gotta do the mouse ears! Pose in front of the castle wearing mouse ears and holding a child's mouse ears! Or pose, facing the castle wearing mouse ears that say "mommy" and "daddy" with your heads tilted toward each other.

I really don't wanna pay so much this early in the game - what if something goes wrong & I have 3-4 sets of mouse ears laying around making me even sadder?

Not a photo idea but this is how DD and DSIL broke the news to us: we have a tradition in the family that if someone goes to WDW, they bring back a little something for everyone else. They returned from their trip and presented us with a pair of Disney gift bags. Inside were WDW coffee mugs with Grandma and Grandpa on them. I will always treasure them. Congratulations and I hope others will post some great photo ideas.
Cute, but we'll be telling the grandparents in person :) I'm thinking photos more for the 'riff-raff' that won't be getting phone calls and whatnot

In the Winnie the Pooh store outside the ride they have lots of "baby" stuff. How about doing some cute poses with baby tigger stuff or something like that?

That's an idea! Maybe baby Mickey tho? I'm not a huge WtP fan ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter