• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Plus discount for DVC members?

MMCD

Mouseketeer
I thought DH paid for a 3 years for Disney+. Ours has expired. Do we get DVC discounts? Any specials for the 3 year plan? I only want Disney+. I don't need Hulu, ESPN...

Thank you

Maybe I am not remembering correctly but I do not believe there has ever been a specific DVC discount for Disney+.

I believe there was a 3-year plan (not through DVC) offered as part of the 2019 D23 Expo for $141, and then another 3-year plan offered for $169.99 just before Disney+ began in Nov 2019. If you actually have one of those, it does not expire until 2022. Otherwise, current price is $6.99 a month or $69.99 a year and there is no discounted 3-year plan. The supposed "discounts" Disney is promoting now require you to purchase the 3-application bundle (a common sales gimmick -- discount something at first and then have a supposed discount later only if you also buy stuff you don't want).

Amex is offering the the Disney bundle (Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+) for free (for the next 6 months) right now:

DETAILS
Get $13.99 back as a monthly statement credit each month through 8/31/2022, by using your enrolled eligible Card to spend $13.99+ on a subscription to The Disney Bundle. Valid online at DisneyPlus.com and Hulu.com. US only. The Disney Bundle includes Disney+, Hulu & ESPN+. See terms.

Amex is offering the the Disney bundle (Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+) for free (for the next 6 months) right now:

DETAILS
Get $13.99 back as a monthly statement credit each month through 8/31/2022, by using your enrolled eligible Card to spend $13.99+ on a subscription to The Disney Bundle. Valid online at DisneyPlus.com and Hulu.com. US only. The Disney Bundle includes Disney+, Hulu & ESPN+. See terms.
You need to have that offer on your AmEx account - it is targeted.

Verizon. It’s extended my D+ membership at least another year or even two…for those who had the 3yr membership, the Verizon deal pauses your membership, and extends it further (I think) from the original 3yr date.

You have D+ for free as long as you qualify (unlimited).

looks like it’s for 6mo now.
https://www.verizon.com/solutions-and-services/disneyplus/

Last edited:
I thought DH paid for a 3 years for Disney+. Ours has expired. Do we get DVC discounts? Any specials for the 3 year plan? I only want Disney+. I don't need Hulu, ESPN...

Thank you

Disney? Discounts? :hyper:

Disney? Discounts? :hyper:
Disney+ subscriber numbers are super important during corporate earnings reports. So it’s possible for occasional deals (like the initial D23 ones), much like the occasional DVC AP deals.
But I don’t think they have a current need to offer a discount to existing customers, reducing their revenue.

You have D+ for free as long as you qualify (unlimited).

I originally signed up for D+ with Verizon when it first released in Nov 2019. The deal then was one year free with unlimited Verizon service.

What I can tell you without a doubt...you're not getting ANYTHING for "free" if you're paying for unlimited service with Verizon.

I originally signed up for D+ with Verizon when it first released in Nov 2019. The deal then was one year free with unlimited Verizon service.

What I can tell you without a doubt...you're not getting ANYTHING for "free" if you're paying for unlimited service with Verizon.

Well, we were paying for Hulu and Disney plus with the unlimited plan and now we are not so for us, it is certainly free.

Well, we were paying for Hulu and Disney plus with the unlimited plan and now we are not so for us, it is certainly free.

You're paying for it, by overpaying for Verizon's unlimited plan. I used to do the same thing.

You're just ok looking at it as "free".

Kinda like people view "free" parking for DVC stays.

You're paying for it, by overpaying for Verizon's unlimited plan. I used to do the same thing.

You're just ok looking at it as "free".

Kinda like people view "free" parking for DVC stays.

You have no idea what I pay. We have been with a few others and the coverage we had was terrible.

However, what we pay currently is not more than what the other carriers charged us so yeah, it is actually free.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter