Disney, Please Don’t Tease When It Comes to The Muppets

WebmasterJackie

Senior Editor for The DIS & DCL Fan
Staff member
Administrator
Hey, everyone!

One of our newest writing contributors wrote an excellent article that we published over on wdwinfo.com where she did some serious armchair imagineering regarding The Muppets. I'd be jazzed if any of her ideas came to fruition in the theme parks, and I would love to hear your thoughts about them! :thanks:

I often think about the genius of Jim Henson, but especially this month. He was born on September 24, 1936 in Greenville, Mississippi. So let’s celebrate Jim and his beloved creations by taking a closer look at the multitude of Muppet sightings at the recent Destination D23.

The recent Destination D23 was full of the Muppets, from start to finish. As soon as Chairman of Parks, Experiences and Products Josh D’Amaro was introduced at the event, Kermit joined him on stage. Additionally, along came Gonzo, Scooter and many others. Not long thereafter, Miss Piggy arrived, followed by Sam the Eagle and Bunsen Honeydew. Animal even sat in on the drums for a musical number. Muppets just kept coming!

To me, Destination D23 may have been a test run to determine the level of enthusiasm fans have for these beloved puppets.

Disney, Please Don’t Tease When It Comes to The Muppets

I love the Muppets! I couldn't agree with this line more: "The absolute least Disney could and should do is to reopen the Stage 1 Company Store, the store on Grand Avenue mostly dedicated to Muppets merchandise." Come on Disney, you're missing on some of my untapped dollars!

I came up with an idea for Journey to the Center of the Earth years b4 Tokyo Disney Seas.
I mailed a ride synopsis and drawings to the WDC.
I heard back from their legal department.
They returned all of my info and drawings and said they do not accept unsolicited concepts/ideas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter