Disney/Pixar's A Bug's Life

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
I can remember when I first heard about Disney/Pixar's A Bug's Life and I thought to myself "what a cool and funny movie" and then I became obsessed with A Bug's Life and collecting all the merchandise from it and when it finally came out on video I saw it and thought it was funny and fresh. I also thought Flik was so cute and had a huge crush on him and the character that reminded me of myself was Princess Atta because she was smart but was worried about things and I see a lot of Princess Atta in me. And Princess Dot was cute as a button. I can see why Disney expected A Bug's Life to become the holiday hit of 1998 because this was the second film Pixar had done with Disney and after the success of Toy Story A Bug's Life was a worthy hit. On the celebrity voice talent on the movie I think A Bug's Life is where Dave Foley gained more popularity because not only does he bring Flik to life so well Flik actually is Dave Foley in personality and it was because of Flik and Dave Foley that I became a Newsradio fan and I think Disney made a fun choice for casting Dave Foley in the the role of Flik. But how David Hyde Pierce got cast as Slim is genius because David brought Slim to life with his own funny style and Slim actually is Niles from Frasier in his personality which I think caused Disney to choose David Hyde Pierce to play Slim. But the real actual star is Kevin Spacey because Hopper was the perfect character for him to voice because Hopper is tough like Kevin Spacey. It's really shocking that out of all the Pixar movies A Bug's Life is Pixar's biggest success but you see little promotion of it today and there should be more promotion for A Bug's Life because it was Pixar's second successful film and there should be a sequel made for it soon

I think after the success of Toy Story Disney/Pixar knew that A Bug's Life would be an instant holiday hit for 1998 because it was full of humor and surprises and lots of laughs and even though it had to share a spot with Dreamworks Antz at the theaters A Bug's Life was better than Antz because Antz was geared more toward adults. I was shocked at how much merchandise that Disney released for A Bug's Life because I had never seen a animated movie get so much merchandising deals and I remember when I went to Sears to do Black Friday shopping with my mom and we saw a display of A Bug's Life plushies and they looked cute and you would go to Sears every week to get a new plushie and I got my Princess Atta and Princess Dot plushies and then later got my Flik plushie. Also the oddest thing I saw was that Disney decided to market A Bug's Life during the 1998 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade by having a float inspired by the movie and I thought it looked cool. I wonder why A Bug's Life II hasn't been made yet? Because if it were made it would be funny too

I liked A Bug's Life and I think it's definitely underrated.

You make a lot of great points and make me want to go back to re-watch the movie now!

I noticed that when A Bug's Life was released on video the video had three covers and then a fourth cover was added at the last minute and when you preordered your copy of A Bug's Life at The Disney Store you chose between the Dot cover the Flik cover and the Francis cover and the fourth cover was the Hopper cover. I never knew why Disney chose to do this for A Bug's Life's video release and why did they do it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter