Disney Parks laying off 28,000 cast members

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll take this battle all day everyday. Animal Kingdom is a full day park now and it has been. Animal Kingdom arguably has more right now than the other parks.

Agree. We spent 2 days at AK seven years ago, and that was of course before Pandora. Between rides, shows, and honestly, to me, the best of AK is just meandering, seeing the animals, the scenery, the ambience etc...

So what has Disney completely cancelled since Covid? Per some above, everything is at a full stop. I can only think of Reflections being actually permanently cancelled.

Since others have listed the items I'll not rehash but the Tron coaster just joined the list of things being placed on 'indefinite hold'. The WDWRR now on hold too. Step right up and pay full price for your 50% (and swiftly declining) experience. Um, No thanks.

The Osbourne Lights were impressive, but it was always too crowded and I just wanted to get the heck out of the area. What I really miss are the Christmas arches at Epcot.

You mean the 'Lights of Winter', Something else that the Igerbot's cut at Disney because they used an 'obsolete technology' yeah they were incandescent but most people have no trouble changing out a string of incandescent bulbs with a string of LED bulbs. But apparent that's too complex of a problem for Disney to solve plus you get BONUSES for reducing OPE not increasing it.

Since others have listed the items I'll not rehash but the Tron coaster just joined the list of things being placed on 'indefinite hold'. The WDWRR now on hold too. Step right up and pay full price for your 50% (and swiftly declining) experience. Um, No thanks.
My August trip was about 95% a normal trip for me, I'll gladly keep going.

The list is very short though.

Yet you keep implying its very long.

Per the comments from others, only Reflections and Poppins have been full stopped. All of the many others are still in progress but will be delayed a few quarters. Tron looks like it will be delayed but that's just a delay, not a full stop.

And somehow you don't consider Epic a full stop, even though they can't even say when they will revisit it - per Comcast:

The layoffs at Universal Creative come after corporate owner Comcast announced a delay in the construction of Orlando’s third theme park, called Epic Universe.

“All things considered, it’s a big capital swing, so better to really march forward with that when we have just a bit more visibility on what’s going on with the economy post-COVID,” Comcast Chief Financial Officer Mike Cavanagh said in May. “I can’t tell you when that’s going to be when we revisit it.”

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/bus...0201120-u5cxd3hlcjeqrnwtbuqnschuri-story.html

The list is very short though.

Yet you keep implying its very long.

Per the comments from others, only Reflections and Poppins have been full stopped. All of the many others are still in progress but will be delayed a few quarters. Tron looks like it will be delayed but that's just a delay, not a full stop.

And somehow you don't consider Epic a full stop, even though they can't even say when they will revisit it - per Comcast:

The layoffs at Universal Creative come after corporate owner Comcast announced a delay in the construction of Orlando’s third theme park, called Epic Universe.

“All things considered, it’s a big capital swing, so better to really march forward with that when we have just a bit more visibility on what’s going on with the economy post-COVID,” Comcast Chief Financial Officer Mike Cavanagh said in May. “I can’t tell you when that’s going to be when we revisit it.”

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/bus...0201120-u5cxd3hlcjeqrnwtbuqnschuri-story.html

Disney has full stopped projects before without notifying the world...pixie hollow...hyperion wharf. Obviously tron will be built, the question is will it be before 2030. Anything else that hasnt had major work done is in serious jeopardy. Its unfortunate as the execs obviously dont see the 50th as a moment to celebrate, but more so just a milestone where they will not be able to milk the guests.

Disney has full stopped projects before without notifying the world...pixie hollow...hyperion wharf. Obviously tron will be built, the question is will it be before 2030. Anything else that hasnt had major work done is in serious jeopardy. Its unfortunate as the execs obviously dont see the 50th as a moment to celebrate, but more so just a milestone where they will not be able to milk the guests.
LOL. 2030? Come on! While Tron will be a bit delayed, they’re not going to leave that area as a construction zone and have the railroad shut down for another 9+ years. Tron will open late 2021 or early 2022 at the latest.

LOL. 2030? Come on! While Tron will be a bit delayed, they’re not going to leave that area as a construction zone and have the railroad shut down for another 9+ years. Tron will open late 2021 or early 2022 at the latest.

I drove past Tron yesterday and was behind a truck delivering a large piece of the ride and the work site was full of people working on it. I'm not a construction expert nor do I play one on TV but I'm fairly confident that's not what "on hold" looks like.

You two really don't care about facts - it's all your own speculation, facts be damned!

One of the articles I posted above had a Disney produced video that confirmed the coming completion of 6 major WDW projects. So that's two full stopped and 6 going forward. Any logical observer would say that's pretty darn good for a company that has had it's revenue demolished by the pandemic.

And it looks even better compared to Universal - even with the Comcast cash cow behind them, look at all the delays and full stops there.

You two really don't care about facts - it's all your own speculation, facts be damned!

One of the articles I posted above had a Disney produced video that confirmed the coming completion of 6 major WDW projects. So that's two full stopped and 6 going forward. Any logical observer would say that's pretty darn good for a company that has had it's revenue demolished by the pandemic.

And it looks even better compared to Universal - even with the Comcast cash cow behind them, look at all the delays and full stops there.

Pandora was also going forward....for 6 years.

I drove past Tron yesterday and was behind a truck delivering a large piece of the ride and the work site was full of people working on it. I'm not a construction expert nor do I play one on TV but I'm fairly confident that's not what "on hold" looks like.

They are still working until mid December, basically to get in a good position they can hold with. After that it won't have much of anything going on until they resume it.

They are still working until mid December, basically to get in a good position they can hold with. After that it won't have much of anything going on until they resume it.
I really hope they get it to a point that allows the WDW RR to re-open. I'd hate to come to the MK without the train running. And, the Trolley Show (I know, I know)...

I really hope they get it to a point that allows the WDW RR to re-open. I'd hate to come to the MK without the train running. And, the Trolley Show (I know, I know)...

As to TRON they are probably constructing just enough to seal it from the elements, Let's hope it does not become another AoA type project which was sealed in 2001 and construction restarted in 2011...

Let's hope they have done enough to allow the WDWRR to operate once again though I'm sure the 'acountaneers' in Burbank would be more that happy to see it become a static display.

As to TRON they are probably constructing just enough to seal it from the elements, Let's hope it does not become another AoA type project which was sealed in 2001 and construction restarted in 2011...

Let's hope they have done enough to allow the WDWRR to operate once again though I'm sure the 'acountaneers' in Burbank would be more that happy to see it become a static display.
You really are such a treat. Sunshine and Unicorns are all you post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter