Disney Parks Frozen Christmas Celebration Taping Dates

That is interesting! Has always been Friday and Saturday for as long as I can remember.

Maybe they are bringing in some Frozen stars who are currently in Broadway shows. Isn't Broadway "dark" on Mondays?

Maybe they are bringing in some Frozen stars who are currently in Broadway shows. Isn't Broadway "dark" on Mondays?

Hmm, 'If/Then' with Idina Menzel is dark on a Monday.

Do have a question- we have tickets for the MVMCP on the Tuesday, should we expect higher crowds now?

Possibly not. Disney won't release the performers' names until a day before and guests will come in for the taping and then leave. Last year, the Tuesday MVMCP after the taping was not sold out.

crap! they usually tape on the weekends! i planned my departure day based on this. oh well , i guess i'll miss this one.

Is this going to increase crowds exponentially???? This is TWO of our THREE days there.

Maybe it's just me but I think this is a brilliant idea on their part. Saturdays are already massively crowded days at MK. Monday's aren't much better but maybe moving it will relieve some of the crowds on the weekend.

i'm kind of bummed that it's on the 9th, it's our first park day and we did mk on the parade filming day once before. it's not a nightmare but it's not an ideal situation either especially when i was expecting it to be a pretty quiet day. on the other hand though, it just gives me more reason to cry to the parade on christmas morning because i was there

Wow. We've been that week after Thanksgiving many times and parade taping has always been Friday and Saturday, and then Sunday if there are weather delays. It stinks with the FP+ situation and the inability get the popular ones on different days that they waited until just a couple of weeks before to announce something that has this big of an impact on the parks. In the old days, it wouldn't make that big of a difference unless we had ADRs we couldn't switch around and weren't willing to give up becuase FP wise you could switch parks easily. I feel sorry fo the people that planned around the regular taping schedule and have to deal with this change.

It really makes more sense to do the taping on that Monday and Tuesday because the crowds are smaller those days as all the Pop Warner kids start coming in on the taping Friday and Saturday (that Saturday is always a mess at MK between the parade taping and the Pop Warner crowds hitting MK-we have been there that evening and it is always packed), and then on the weekdays they are in their activities during the day instead of in the parks - but I would not be happy if there was a last minute change that messed with my plans.

Kind of bummed, I thought I'd be able to check it out on my last day (Saturday), but at the same time, I'm relieved that I won't have to deal with those crowds on my last day. I guess this is bittersweet news for me.

I think you may be onto something. That makes a lot of sense.:)

:) Jonathan Groff/Kristoff is narrating Candlelight Processional on December 3-4 so he is also a possibility as that fits into the timeframe leading up to the taping. Last year, the rehearsals revolved around Neil Patrick Harris' schedule. DD was onstage the last time Mariah appeared in the program and everything revolved around Mariah's scheduling. It will be interesting to see how the "Frozen" aspect of the show plays out.

Does anyone have personal experience with being in MK while the parade was being taped? Does this mean the crowds will be along the parade route & not in attraction lines?

The 8th was going to be our only day in MK besides our party night on the 11th.

TIA
Dot*

We scheduled our MK day on the 8th just to avoid the taping..... Ugh! I'm not sure what to do. I'm nervous to give up my 7DMT and try for another day.
Do they still do the fireworks and castle lighting at night?

We scheduled our MK day on the 8th just to avoid the taping..... Ugh! I'm not sure what to do. I'm nervous to give up my 7DMT and try for another day. Do they still do the fireworks and castle lighting at night?

The taping will begin before the park opens and should end in early afternoon. The parade may run at 5:00 rather than 3:00. The evening Entertainment will remain as scheduled.

Just avoid Main Street and the Hub and use the FPs you have scheduled.

Does anyone have personal experience with being in MK while the parade was being taped? Does this mean the crowds will be along the parade route & not in attraction lines?

The 8th was going to be our only day in MK besides our party night on the 11th.

TIA
Dot*

We have done the parade portion of the taping for a couple of years now. Additional tickets are given to CM (they can bring in 5 extra people) to be the audience of the parade, they get to come into the park as early as 5:30am. Some regular guest come for the taping but most don't stay for long. As pp mentioned the parade starts taping around 9am and doesn't finish until around 3 to 4pm.
After the parade taping is done most people who got tickets thru CM stay to enjoy a free day at MK. So it gets really crazy after 3pm

We have done the parade portion of the taping for a couple of years now. Additional tickets are given to CM (they can bring in 5 extra people) to be the audience of the parade, they get to come into the park as early as 5:30am. Some regular guest come for the taping but most don't stay for long. As pp mentioned the parade starts taping around 9am and doesn't finish until around 3 to 4pm.
After the parade taping is done most people who got tickets thru CM stay to enjoy a free day at MK. So it gets really crazy after 3pm

I guess I'll go ahead & go to MK that day & if attraction lines are ok, I'll stay. If it gets crazy, I'll hop over to Epcot! Thanks for your reply.

I actually hardly ever HOP parks, but always upgrade to hoppers & this is definitely one of those trips I'm glad I have that option!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter