Disney Parks Around the World - A Private Jet Adventure

I really think it is for refuelling. If it just fits 75 people + crew, it is a small plane. Small planes carry less fuel, and therefore cannot do long distances.

It would explain the stops in India and Egypt. If they wanted to recreate Soarin' there are a lot of scenes missing. Hong Kong - India - Egypt - Paris, I didn't check it, but sounds like sort of similar distances?
It's a 757 with all business class seats. Decent size, but definitely can't go direct.

Looking at the itinerary there are some events I would love to do, all the dinners with imagineers and other guest speakers sound really interesting. Only... the weird flight schedule, the short time period, and doing it in summer heat, really doesn't make this an appealing trip. I would pay for the events, but not ike this.

Minimum age is 12. I am not sure I would do such an intense schedule with a teenager. Can you imagine if you have a grumpy teenager with you on a trip like this :P

Just as a comparison point, these are the costs of the top private jet tours over the next year. They are all 23/24 day trips. Most have 48 people, and some fly with a physician and chef.

TCS World Travel “Around the World” tour: $125,950 pp
Abercombie and Kent “Wildlife Safari” world tour: $159,950 pp.
Four Seasons World of Adventures tour :$205,000 pp
Aman Jet Expedition tour $159,950 pp

At $109,000 the ABD trip looks reasonable. (Not that we can afford to go on it, but just saying it looks reasonable in that market)
Funny, I was just looking at the different companies, too. I *love* the itinerary of the TCS trip--and they have lay flat seats and a smaller group (48). It's not Disney parks focus, but they really hit some great places: https://www.tcsworldtravel.com/luxu...eCB6vGoGlnKaxMbOf7MbeZMWnQnR5vdMaAm74EALw_wcB For $124,950, I think I'd do this one. If wishes were horses ... :)

One thing to take into consideration is that at least $300-500 of that is going towards pins and shipping them to your house before the adventure. 24 is a lot to design and produce for just one trip. :)

One thing to take into consideration is that at least $300-500 of that is going towards pins and shipping them to your house before the adventure. 24 is a lot to design and produce for just one trip. :)
Well, actually, they probably won't need to design all 24, as they could re-use some of the ones from the Southern California trip, the China trip, the old Northern California trip, the Egypt trip and the never-ran WDW trip. That's what they did with the Med cruise add-on, which paralleled some of the places on the Italy trips.

Sayhello

- the flight from San Francisco to Tokyo has a stop in Anchorage

- From Paris to Orlando a stop in Nova Scotia.
Both of these stops are for refueling. The location is because they are on the "great circle" route which is the shortest distance between two points on earth. Most of us as so accustom to looking at a mercator projection of the earth that we think a flight between SF & Tokyo would simply head due west. But going from SF to Tokyo is actually shortest going over Alaska.

Same story going from Paris to Orlando. Shortest route.

I wonder what they will do if something happens to the flight.

The plane breaks down, try rebooking 75 people on a regular flight last minute in at least business class. You would need to be spread over several planes probably. Quite the challenge to get everyone arrive sort of at the same time.

What if one of the pilots or flight attendants get sick before the flight. A regular airline has crew on standby for these situations. Will they travel with a spare crew? Now that I think of it, they must be or change crew at each airport due to regulations for crew to rest properly between flights.

Also wondering what happens with your jetlag. That they do it westwards is better than flying against the direction of the sun, but there is very little time to adjust to the time zone.

Hmmm, I wonder what my chances are of winning the lottery?

You know, you are totally right. That didn't click, but it's definitely not even Business Class let alone what you think of as a "private jet". It's run by Icelandic Air.

Here are the photos of the plane from the ABD website:

View attachment 676248

View attachment 676249

Not exactly what most people think of as a luxury "private jet". Just private because it's just your group, and dedicated to your itinerary.

Sayhello
I flew Icelandic Air once. It was actually decent. Not what I imagine private jet accommodations are, though.

I flew Icelandic Air once. It was actually decent. Not what I imagine private jet accommodations are, though.
Oh, I've flown Icelandic Air, also, and it was fine. But I don't equate them with luxury. :)
I wonder what they will do if something happens to the flight.

The plane breaks down, try rebooking 75 people on a regular flight last minute in at least business class. You would need to be spread over several planes probably. Quite the challenge to get everyone arrive sort of at the same time.

What if one of the pilots or flight attendants get sick before the flight. A regular airline has crew on standby for these situations. Will they travel with a spare crew? Now that I think of it, they must be or change crew at each airport due to regulations for crew to rest properly between flights.

Also wondering what happens with your jetlag. That they do it westwards is better than flying against the direction of the sun, but there is very little time to adjust to the time zone.
I would assume there are contingency plans with Icelandic Air. They can't expect a 24 day trip to not have issues. I would assume they'd juggle jets and pilots and flight crews and such. I find it hard to believe that commercial flights would be the backup plan.

Jetlag, on the other hand -- I've posted before that I think it could be bad. Yes, traveling Westward makes it easier than Eastward, but it's still 24 non-stop days.

Sayhello

Wow. Just wow. So many people have said how much of a problem this trip might be. I don't know how Disney ever thought it was possible. Are we all watching a train wreck?

Wow. Just wow. So many people have said how much of a problem this trip might be. I don't know how Disney ever thought it was possible. Are we all watching a train wreck?
I don't think so. These types of trips do exist from other providers. I just think this type of trip is so far out of the scope of what most of us here have ever done or could ever conceive of doing that it's hard to imagine how it would work. I have a hard time believing there is *that* big of a demand for it just because the cost factor puts it out of the range of *so many* of us, but then, they did only schedule one departure of the trip. I'm sure ABD is curious to see how it does, too.

Sayhello

I don't think so. These types of trips do exist from other providers. I just think this type of trip is so far out of the scope of what most of us here have ever done or could ever conceive of doing that it's hard to imagine how it would work. I have a hard time believing there is *that* big of a demand for it just because the cost factor puts it out of the range of *so many* of us, but then, they did only schedule one departure of the trip. I'm sure ABD is curious to see how it does, too.

Sayhello
Part of me wonders if they priced it correctly. They seemed to have cut certain corners that someone who I can afford to pay basically a quarter of a million dollars for 2 people is going to expect certain luxuries. With 75 people this probably isn’t the all business class configuration of the 757. You’re staying in regular hotel rooms, not suites. And 75 is a very large group for someone who is used to being catered to exclusively.

Don’t get me wrong, the trip looks amazing. But I wonder if we could afford $600k for the 5 of us (with flights and incidents) wouldn’t we rather pay $1mn+ and have all of these amazing experiences in a much more intimate and luxurious setting?

Heck, even the “on your own time” in the parks should come with a VIP guide exclusively for your party at EVERY park.

(Unfortunately I just talked myself out of adding more DVC points for financial reasons so clearly this isn’t in the cards for us, but it’s fun to dream)

Part of me wonders if they priced it correctly. They seemed to have cut certain corners that someone who I can afford to pay basically a quarter of a million dollars for 2 people is going to expect certain luxuries. With 75 people this probably isn’t the all business class configuration of the 757. You’re staying in regular hotel rooms, not suites. And 75 is a very large group for someone who is used to being catered to exclusively.

Don’t get me wrong, the trip looks amazing. But I wonder if we could afford $600k for the 5 of us (with flights and incidents) wouldn’t we rather pay $1mn+ and have all of these amazing experiences in a much more intimate and luxurious setting?

Heck, even the “on your own time” in the parks should come with a VIP guide exclusively for your party at EVERY park.

(Unfortunately I just talked myself out of adding more DVC points for financial reasons so clearly this isn’t in the cards for us, but it’s fun to dream)
Very good points. I guess they'll find out. And if it never gets offered again, or comes back changed and/or significantly altered in price, we'll know you were right!

Sayhello

I'm actually somewhat interested in taking this trip solo as a single retired person with no dependents and no one needing my money when I'm gone.

But I'm not willing to be a guinea pig for Disney's first attempt that I'm sure will fall short of expectations in some areas. I'll take a wait and see attitude and reconsider after hearing reports of how the first trip goes.

Adding: also hoping they'll offer this trip at different times of the year in the future. Not interested in going to all these parks/locations during what is among the hottest (and in some cases rainiest) times of the year.

Last edited:
Two dealbreakers for me unfortunately. First is that no way am I flying from California, refuel stop in AK, and on to Japan not in a lie flat seat. That‘s the biggest one I’m not going to even consider. Also, decades ago I did a 17 day bus trip with my mom all over Europe. It was fun and all, and we saw so many cities and places, but the one to three nights per stop got exhausting. It seemed like a very cool bucket list trip, but it’s just a no go for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter