Disney outlet in Phoenix for the holidays -- REVIEW ADDED

PHXscuba

Mouseketeer since birth!
**My REVIEW, post 4**

The outlet for Disney Parks stuff appears to be coming back to the Phoenix area!!

http://www.ams-liquidation.com/listings.aspx

It's listed as Nov. 19 to Jan. 2. It appears to be in a similar location (near MetroCenter Mall) as last year's.

I went last year. I wouldn't say the deals were incredible but it might be worth a trip to look for Christmas gifts or to buy something before your next Disneyland trip. I will also add that I saw Disney parks stuff at the Disney Store in Arizona Mills last month.

PHXscuba

I'll probably go up there within the first week or two it's open and will bring back a report on what they have.

PHXscuba

OK, so I trekked up to north Phoenix this morning to visit the Disney outlet. The short version: not really impressed.

It's across the street from where it was last year. Now it's behind the Chili's and Red Lobster outside the MetroCenter mall. They are using the front 40 percent of an old Shoe Pavilion. It's open 10-9 Mon-Sat, 11-6 Sun.

I think they had less stuff this year. I saw several things again that they had last year. More adult clothes than kids, some toys. Popcorn buckets, some dating back as far as 2003! They did have a good amount of High School Musical and Hannah Montana stuff. The adult T-shirts were around $11-15 for the most part. I saw the candy corn ears from Halloween.

I don't think they had any great bargains. If you really want something that says Disneyland, it is cheaper than the retail price at the park (like if you wanted to get something before going to DL)

By contrast, I stopped by the Disney Store outlet at Arizona Mills on my way back. Most of the adult Parks T-shirts there were $8-10. They also have other things from Disneyland there. In fact, I saw several things at both outlets with roughly similar prices.

Now that they sell Parks merchandise at the Mills store, I'd shop for things there. It might be worth a look at the temporary store near Metrocenter if you are close but I wouldn't make a special trip across town.

I left the outlet with a little wind-up Nemo; I left the Disney store in AZ Mills with two T-shirts and a Peter Pan bow set.

PHXscuba

p.s. I can try to answer specific questions if anyone has any.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter