Disney only wins 1 Golden ticket award.

Covid really hurt Cedar Point in that regard. When they opened in 2020 it was all local workers, and when school started they had trouble keeping big rides open. It should be back to normal next year now that international travel is close to fully open.

I was out there the past two weekends and there are international workers starting. There was a lot of training going on. CP is a great park with a lot to do but they were really hurt by the current labor market. They are too far from a major metro to benefit from the labor market.

I can't believe they have CP's Maverick as #10 and KI's Diamondback as #17 for steel coasters. Disagree 100%. Maverick is an incredibly jerky steel coaster that is not a smooth ride. Diamondback is on the other hand, smooth as silk.

Millennium Force is still my #1. I love that ride!!
Such “awards” are complied from just the people who bother to vote, who are overwhelmingly teen or young adult males living in Mommy’s basement.

Take the rankings with a grain of salt and know that YOUR favorite is still the best!

My current favorites:
Wood: Twisted Timbers, Kings Dominion
Steel: Cheetah Hunt, Busch Gardens Tampa

Steel Vengeance is like the later part of Velocicoaster for 3 minutes straight. Just constantly trying to throw you up and sideways.

Dollywood and Silver Dollar City are must dos for any theme park fans. They're great for all ages and have fantastic food (for significantly less than Disney).

Phoenix as best wooden coaster is definitely overrated. Voyage is clearly better, and El Toro is a better ride when it's running.
Dollywood's food is nice for what it is but it doesn't even compare to Disney's. Dollywood doesn't have anything remotely like the better restaurants at Disney and it's mostly Kountry Kookin and BBQ plus the usual burgers, dogs, and pizza stuff. Dolly does have a lot for kids. But more and more it's becoming rides that either the bigger folks have to sit out or the little ones have to sit out. A lot of rides the whole family could go on together have been lost.

As for the Voyage, I love it. I like the Raven also. Key words for El Toro. "When it's running"

Last edited:

I wouldn't take much of the awards seriously just by looking at that list. Sooo many confusing placements on there. Apollo shouldn't be anywhere near that list. I wouldn't even put it in my top 3 at BGW, barely even top 5.
I’m personally not a fan of Loch Ness and have yet to ride Pantheon and Tempesto (the latter has been closed every time I’ve gone since opening.) but yeah def not too 3….not when Griffin, Verbolten and Invadr are right there

It’s always weird to see Splashin‘ Safari (Holiday World) on a list like this. They do have a good water park though. Plus, free sodas and free sunscreen.

Not surprised at all that Disney is low in these rankings - not a huge coaster theme park, and they've been scrimping on everything for many years now.

Living here in NE Ohio, it's easy to take Cedar Point for granted as to how good of a park the place is. Unfortunately for me, at 58 years old, even though in good shape and health, my rollercoaster thrill ride days are winding down. As for Dollywood, I love the park, I love the charm, I love the down-home friendliness of the workers there. Dollywood in my opinion is a great one-day park. But if we are being honest here, most people who have traveled to Pigeon Forge are not looking to spend a week at the park as we do in WDW. The Smokey Mountains are also part of the entire destination package.

As for Disney, does not surprise me at all. The Disney we knew and loved is no longer the same Disney, or at least that's my opinion. I'm not going to go into a long bash Disney rant here. Some people love what Disney has become, and others are not pleased with it at all. I myself fall into the latter. At this current point in my life, I'll get my Disney fix with DCL and sound old by saying, "I'll just remember the good old days."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter