Disney on Labor Day?

southernnomore

Earning My Ears
Hey All!
I was wondering if someone that has been to Disney over Labor Day could give me a heads up on the crowd level. I am curious if it is crowded and if the days following are too. The resorts are rock bottom prices. Went last month on Xmas and will never do that again!

Pretty quiet :)

Let me see if I can find any photos that I know 100% were Labour Day.

Labor Day weekend can be a bit busy, but very manageable. Labor Day itself is the busiest. Free Dining is usually still going on during that time, so while the parks may not be overly crowded, the restaurants are packed. Be sure to make your ADRs early. After Labor Day the crowds disappear and the remainder of the week is one of the most pleasant times of the year to visit WDW.

If you've been exposed to the Christmas crowds, then Labor Day will be a breeze. :)

OK here's some pictures... I have taken a sample of 3 days Sunday, Monday (Labour Day) and Tuesday

As you can see it's pretty darned quiet.

Sunday Epcot:

You can see the crowd watching is minimal and this has to be around 2pm?
IMG_7574.jpg

Need a table -- It's a tough choice!
IMG_7623.jpg

Monday: Disney Studios

I was luckily able to get a seat on the horrendously busy bus from Port Orleans...
IMG_7722.jpg

DH and I...
IMG_7729.jpg

Untypical crowded Street
IMG_7802.jpg

On route to Rock n Roller Coaster & Tower of Terror
IMG_7731.jpg

Tuesday Animal Kingdom:
IMG_8115.jpg

OK.. so my DH didn't like the show -- he didn't like the poking etc as he is ticklish LOL I couldn't resist posting this as you can see the standby time.
IMG_8130.jpg

Leaving the park...
IMG_8132.jpg

The parks were definitely do-able! But the All Star Resorts were a little crowded and rowdy...

We were there over Labor Day 2008. It was a great. We arrived Saturday of Labor Day and stayed for a week. The crowds did get less as the week went on but I wouldn't have called Labor Day weekend crowded. My biggest piece of advice would be go to Epcot on Labor Day, that park handles crowds the best. We went there during the day and then to DHS that night and at both parks we were able to get on the rides all except Toy Story Mania but that is to be expected. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter