Disney official .... Soarin'

I had a feeling the ride was going down so I'm glad I rode it for the last time a couple of weeks ago. I look forward to the new edition of the ride.

I look forward to a new show, I just hope the new music is as epic as the original.

We arrive August 14th so hope it will be open by then. I too will really miss the music of the original, hope they can incorporate it in some way. I'll also miss Patrick Warburton's introduction - pure Disney!

:sad: I am so sad that the ride will be closed during my trip. This is one of my most favorites.
Our rides seem to keep slowly dissappearing. Maybe 2016 was not a good year to choose to go.

Last edited:
We arrive August 14th so hope it will be open by then. I too will really miss the music of the original, hope they can incorporate it in some way. I'll also miss Patrick Warburton's introduction - pure Disney!

Us too. Same date. Really hoping it'll be back up then and excited to see the new film! :)

Aw, bummer! This makes me sad! EPCOT will definitely be a 1/2 day park for us now. There just isn't enough to do there for me, DM, DS14 and DD12. They love TT but are happy to ride it once. I like LWTL and we all like Spaceship Earth. Am I missing anything? Besides the WS, of course, but the kids sometimes get bored there.

We're going in July...now I have to worry about BTM and Soarin. Ugh! :sad2: I will have my fingers crossed until then.

I can't imagine TT won't be a complete mess. You think guests were already brawling in the line...!

I'll survive without Soarin or BTMRR, but I dread what that's going to do to TT and possibly Splash. I really wish they'd hustle up and finish Nprway by Easter.

Of course the Soarin refurb is starting the day we arrive. Oh well! Happy it's getting a refresh.

My big question is how this will affect the Test Track FP+ availability when our window opens in a couple weeks & the Test Track standby line. I'm guessing it won't be good :)

YIKES for that TT line!!! It is a long line as it is, I cannot imagine it with Soarin dark.

Me too!! I am a Disney Dork and so for me, the attractions begins as soon as he appears.

The queue really needs work though, so on the one hand I am glad Soarin is going to get a total makeover, but Holy Long Time!!!!! I am so glad I have FP booked twice on my upcoming trip. I do like Soarin over CA and while a Global film makes more sense in WDW, I am glad to see it agan before th change.

Aw, bummer! This makes me sad! EPCOT will definitely be a 1/2 day park for us now. There just isn't enough to do there for me, DM, DS14 and DD12. They love TT but are happy to ride it once. I like LWTL and we all like Spaceship Earth. Am I missing anything? Besides the WS, of course, but the kids sometimes get bored there.

Mission Space, Nemo, Imagination, Turtle Talk, Energy, Captain EO. The Soarin closing is devastating because there's no doubt it's a tier one ride, but we can still find plenty to keep busy with at EPCOT between what will be open World Showcase and what will be open in Future World. It'll be just like pre-Soarin, only without Maelstrom.

Last edited:
Well that stinks! I can't wait to see it when it's done, but it stinks it has to close. I thought they were going to keep it open while they worked on the new theater then refurb the old one. Oh well, I guess it makes more sense to do it all at once.

Rumor was also that Soarin' would only close a few days to add the theater and now we are talking 6 months. Refurb ... they are getting new screens, new digital projection equipment, the new theater, all new queue lines because the theaters are supposed to be designated FP+ or Standby, and in August Disney said this about the film ....

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...-to-walt-disney-world-and-disneyland-resorts/

Unless there has been a major change of plans, I would expect the new movie.

Love the old version of the film but eager to see the new version. I had hoped it would include footage of the Blue Angels fly by down main street a few months ago but with only a couple of passes I doubt that would have produced the shots needed to incorporate.

Looking forward to see what they got!

Wow that is going to put a lot of pressure on TT now and the lines for it are going to be loooooong!!

We're going in early December, so will just be able to see the old film for the last time before it goes. So I'm pretty stoked about this news, but I feel for the people who will miss out.

they certainly need a new movie, better quality, and how awesome would it be if they rotated a few different movies for a new experience each time

Bummed. Hoped we'd see the new film going in April and now won't be open at all. Been talking it up to my mom who'll be going for the first time as something she can talk to my uncle about as he goes to Disneyland often. Maybe we'll have to do an Illuminations fp instead.

I'm bummed, too. This will be our first time at Epcot and my 5 year old was tall enough to ride. I guess my Tier 1 choice will be Living with the Land?? I'm not messing with TT.

Thankfully my wife is a GM employee so we can visit the GM Employee lounge at Test Track and get free Fastpasses for the attraction as we please. What I am wondering is why is BTMRR going to be down for so long!? Didn't they have a long refurb on the attraction only like 2 years ago when they added in the extended queue and touched everything up. Why is it going down for so long .... again?

Question: allears has Soarin listed as staying open during the construction. Do you think it's possible that they keep one theatre open while they work on it or is the closure for the entire ride a set thing?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter