Disney not knowing who really is checking in?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
With being able to check in online and go straight to your room, how does Disney know who is really checking into the room? No proof of ID needed. Made me wonder.

With being able to check in online and go straight to your room, how does Disney know who is really checking into the room? No proof of ID needed. Made me wonder.
Well, it would have to be a person with access to the MDE account associated with the reservation, or they would not have access to the reservation to do online check in. They also can tell (if you use magicbands) whose MB is used each time the door is opened. I do not know if they can match the phone number to the number on your MDE account if you choose to use your phone to open the door, but it would not surprise me if they can.

I am sure it’s not 100% error proof, but I have been doing it multiple times per year every year since it’s been offered and so far (knocking on wood) I haven’t had any problems.

When you are driving you have to show ID at the guard gate and that is checked for your reservation. As PP mentioned, your band or phone is used to check- in to your room. They know.

Why would they care?
Exactly. You, the owner of the MDE gave the info to someone. That's on you if you gave it someone you don't want in your room. Ultimately, you the booking person and owner of the MDE account are the one held responsible, not the person you shared info with.

Well, it would have to be a person with access to the MDE account associated with the reservation, or they would not have access to the reservation to do online check in. They also can tell (if you use magicbands) whose MB is used each time the door is opened. I do not know if they can match the phone number to the number on your MDE account if you choose to use your phone to open the door, but it would not surprise me if they can.

I am sure it’s not 100% error proof, but I have been doing it multiple times per year every year since it’s been offered and so far (knocking on wood) I haven’t had any problems.
As with sharing MDE account info you can give someone else your MB and they can use that on the door. So it would again, appear as if you the owner of the band came and went but ultimately, it can be anyone using it. Still goes back to the MDE account owner being responsible.

It made you wonder about what? Works similarly to any major hotel chain that uses a phone-based key tied to the reservation owner's account on an app. And, to the MB, which is no different than a physical key card, what's the difference? The MB and key card can be passed to anyone ...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter