• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really liked Soul and it was better than other Pixar movies. The humor was pretty top notch and felt I could relate to the message and 22 more than the general population might.

Yeah, when 22 was talking about not being good enough and that part it really hit me even more than the what the lead chara yet went through

I wish we could get figures of how Soul is doing. The good thing about a streaming service for the company is that they know exactly how many households watch it and who watches it more than once.
I am a one person household, but for those with families, is it registered in your account if you have children? I can imagine it is something Disney asks on the registration form.

whether its good or bad, I have no idea when I will get to see Wonder Woman. My local cinema permanently closed in July and we don't have HBO Max in Ireland. Will have to wait for the DVD release. Going to watch Soul later. I'm loving the last season of Agents of Shield, its the first one I have seen week by week, as all the others I binge watched on DVD boxsets.

We thought it was okay, and that it lacked jokes (Knicks joke doesnt work outside the US ;). ) And definitely not one for the kids. I suspect they will get bored.

I liked the concept, and they have some good thoughts how it could work. Some things to think about it.

Okay movie to see once or twice, but definitely not the top 5, and I am in doubt if it would make my top 10.
I felt the same. I could see how someone would really like it if they could relate to and really connect to the character of 22, but it just wasn't as exciting or engaging of a movie to me. I thought the concept was good and it was well done overall but not a movie I see myself revisiting much. Was losing interest at moments and my DH even gave up on it and went to do something else.

I felt the same. I could see how someone would really like it if they could relate to and really connect to the character of 22, but it just wasn't as exciting or engaging of a movie to me. I thought the concept was good and it was well done overall but not a movie I see myself revisiting much. Was losing interest at moments and my DH even gave up on it and went to do something else.
I can relate to 22 to a certain extent, finding your spark, but also staying with what you know. But I think one of the problems is that when 22 starts to learn and discover she doesnt look like 22. I think that hinders me to feel empathy for her. And it stays like that till the final part of the movie. When she looks like herself again and she and Joe are reunited again, then I start to relate to her more.

Last edited:
I can relate to 22 to a certain extent, finding your spark, but also staying with what you know. But I think one of the problems is that when 22 starts to learn and discover she doesnt look like 22. I think that hinders me to feel empathy for her. And it stays like that till the final part of the movie. When she looks like herself again and she and Joe are reunited again, then I start to relate to her more.

I could see that, though I think that was also when we were to see Joe's change - how he was seeing things about himself from another point of view and seeing how 22 appreciated all the little things in life that he was realizing he had ignored.

I guess because I related to 22 but also liked the lesson Joe was learning and think it is something not always shown in movies and is something I can also relate to that I liked those parts too.

I can also understand people who thought it was too long/dragged - for as much as I loved it I did notice one time I had paused it was was surprised how much more time was left in the movie

Its Christmas Day here in Ireland and I'm watching Season 2 Episode 1 of Disney Gallery The Mandalorian

not sure if we will get more episode considering the timeframe, Covid shut down and all that. Episode 1 is 65 minutes and its a proper Making Of, behind the scenes, mainly in The Void, with the directors talking through their episodes. and the different people involved discussing their contributions.
Much better format than season one , where everyone was just sat around a table.
It’s 8 episodes again. I will say hearing Robert Rodriguez and Temuera Morrison talk about Boba Fett and the passion they have for the character. Got me really excited for the Book of Boba Fett.

Hmmm... I liked Soul because of it's parts, instead of the whole. Watching it, I couldn't help but see the influence of Madeleine L'Engle, Piers Anthony (his Mode series), and the short story "The Last Mimzy," when Jerry was on-screen (I think the animators made some neat choices when trying to animate a Quantum being interacting with humans). I couldn't help but think of Doctor Who when they tried to underscore the wonder of everyday life. So, I enjoyed the attempt at making a heavily philosophical cartoon, but I think it ironically lacked it's own spark.

The scenery was beautifully done however.

ETA: as a data point, I won't be paying anything to watch WW, I'll wait. lol

Hmmm... I liked Soul because of it's parts, instead of the whole. Watching it, I couldn't help but see the influence of Madeleine L'Engle, Piers Anthony (his Mode series), and the short story "The Last Mimzy," when Jerry was on-screen (I think the animators made some neat choices when trying to animate a Quantum being interacting with humans). I couldn't help but think of Doctor Who when they tried to underscore the wonder of everyday life. So, I enjoyed the attempt at making a heavily philosophical cartoon, but I think it ironically lacked it's own spark.

The scenery was beautifully done however.

While I really liked it and thought it was beautiful, weirdly I doubt I will watch again.

Coco was such a masterpiece to me, I can't help but compare everything after to that. And nothing compares... :D (although, I surprisingly really love Frozen II!)

I'm looking forward to Luca - thinking that will have more of a Coco feel to it. It takes place in Italy - can you imagine the scenery and the music!!!

And Encanto!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh the music.... (I know it's Disney not Pixar)

Last edited:
I really enjoyed Soul. Had some great animation, and I definitely felt some similarities to Inside Out with its themes and deeper meanings. Not my favorite Pixar film but a very solid addition to their catalog.

Wonder Woman was....bad. Might be worse than Birds of Prey and I thought that was terrible. But I’m glad that I got to see it in theaters. Tasting that popcorn again was better than the Christmas Day feast we had earlier in the day

Gal and Patty made out like thieves. Between the long runtime and audience reactions, there’s no way this movie would have gotten good enough word of mouth or repeat viewings to reach the billion dollars they agreed to pay the ladies based on. Even in pre pandemic times. I think they’d be looking at maybe 600-700M. Enough to turn a profit. But not enough to guarantee another film

I wish we could get figures of how Soul is doing. The good thing about a streaming service for the company is that they know exactly how many households watch it and who watches it more than once.
I am a one person household, but for those with families, is it registered in your account if you have children? I can imagine it is something Disney asks on the registration form.

On a related note, did Disney ever announce how much Mulan made during it's "premium" release?

On a related note, did Disney ever announce how much Mulan made during it's "premium" release?

No. And they never will. They only would have done so if it had done well. Best for them to sweep it under the rug and move on and hope Raya works under that system. Netflix doesn’t release those types of numbers either unless they do really well either

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter