• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one that is thinking the Book of Boba Fett is just another spinoff, and the Mandalorian Season 3 will be Din-centric as normal. I think season 3 could be Grogu-less and focus more on Mandalore. Throwbacks to Din’s upbringing, the Purge, the Dark Saber, Moff Gideon’s role in the fall of Mandalore, etc while trying to work toward retaking the planet in the present.

I’m also wondering if as the series wraps up, they will try to fix Luke’s sequel demeanor by having something terrible happen to Grogu eventually (end of series). Another noble sacrifice even. But if Luke was fragile after losing Grogu then that could help explain how he could fail with Ben.

Am I the only one that is thinking the Book of Boba Fett is just another spinoff, and the Mandalorian Season 3 will be Din-centric as normal. I think season 3 could be Grogu-less and focus more on Mandalore. Throwbacks to Din’s upbringing, the Purge, the Dark Saber, Moff Gideon’s role in the fall of Mandalore, etc while trying to work toward retaking the planet in the present.

I’m also wondering if as the series wraps up, they will try to fix Luke’s sequel demeanor by having something terrible happen to Grogu eventually (end of series). Another noble sacrifice even. But if Luke was fragile after losing Grogu then that could help explain how he could fail with Ben.
I’m just hoping Lucasfilms doesn’t keep us in suspense for too long. I get not making an official announcement today, but by early next week I hope they let us know if Boba is Season 3 or a spin off.

No, you're not. I think too don't think season 3 will be the Bobba show. Also, the bolded part, sounds exactly like something that Filoni would do, thereby making the sequels seem to make more sense, give them more depth. He helped make the fall of Anakin more understanding through Clone Wars (and to think, I'm not even liking that series, yet I GET it), I could see him "fixing" Luke's situation in 7-9.

I vote for season 3 we have a (separate) spoilers allowed thread.

We would do that for when movies came out (Like Avengers, etc) so I am sure we could do something .... I think ideally it fits more the Community board so gets a little tricky to have it here where all of us actually are

I guess I am just confused with the timing then, I can't see having Mando Season 3 and Boba Fett separate show going airing at like the same time.

Maybe the Book of Boba Fett is like a "side season" and then we get "Mando Season 3 proper" starting fall 2022?

I guess I am just confused with the timing then, I can't see having Mando Season 3 and Boba Fett separate show going airing at like the same time.

Maybe the Book of Boba Fett is like a "side season" and then we get "Mando Season 3 proper" starting fall 2022?

Why not? Eventually it’s gonna happen. One of the other spin offs were bound to run through Mandalorian next season since Kennedy said those are coming next winter as well. Hawkeye and Ms. Marvel are set for “Late 2021” releases as well. With the amount of content coming, they’re not going to be able to give every show 6-8 weeks of Friday exclusivity

This is always hard considering we have such and active discussion here but the movies and TV board does not. I almost wonder if a Disney+ board could work. A Mando thread isn’t exactly “on brand” for this board.

Im guessing this and TPAS get the most traffic on the DISboards? That’s probably why no one goes to the other entertainment forum and threads. I know I personally don’t often venture into the other sections beyond rumors.

Im guessing this and TPAS get the most traffic on the DISboards? That’s probably why no one goes to the other entertainment forum and threads. I know I personally don’t often venture into the other sections beyond rumors.
You would be correct, I’d also add in the community board tho too.

Trying to think of what we have and lose thread/plot points that can continue beyond this finale

Obviously what happens to Grogu from here. Is he at Luke's school when Kylo destroys it all and is killed? Does he escape that or leave prior? Is he kept somewhere else? At what age is he able to like really "fight"? Is that not until he is like 200 or something and just coming into his full powers after the sequel trilogy?

We may never get a lot of those answers

Ok, more specific ones that are more likely to be addressed in upcoming seasons/related shows

Moff Gideon: He is still alive so what happens to him? Also, how high up in the Empire is he truly? Does he fully know about the Force and the Jedi vs the Sith? He tried to kill Grogu rather than let a Jedi get him

Grogu's blood/Dr Pershing: Was Gideon telling the truth that they already got Grogu's blood? if so that would still be in the light cruiser that now Bo has? or would the new Republic take it and Dr Pershing and potentially let him continue his work?

Dark Saber: So Din has it but wants Bo to take it but she won't. What happens? Does she best him to take it? Does she push for him to take leadership and grudgingly follow him to try and retake Mandalore?

The Armorer: I assume she is still alive? What happens to her? Does Din, with his eye more open to a broader world go see her and have a lot of questions?

So a ton to still address even if we never see Luke/Grogu again

I was rewatching this morning and this exchange made me laugh. Had to turn on subtitles to get what Fett was saying and I have no idea what it means.

Koska: I didn't know sidekicks were allowed to talk.
Boba: Well, if that isn't the Quacta calling the Stifling slimy.

She said it like right after the recap trailer played so a lot of people missed it. But she did say Christmas 2021 for Mando S3.
Could that be Book of Boba Fett? Sure. But until Disney specifies, I take it that we’re getting 4 Groguverse shows. Book of Fett could also be a short mini series of 4-6 episodes to finish his story, and answer some questions that have gone unanswered for decades (outside of the novels, that still aren’t canon). Are our attention spans that bad that if Book of Fett was on thursdays, and Mando was on Friday that it would be too much? Or is it that because we’ve gone a year with only Mando on Disney+ that when we think of 2 shows intertwining in a schedule that there wouldn’t be anything on Disney+ after those 2 shows ended their respective seasons? Because from what they announced last week it doesn’t look like there’s going to be much down time between series’, especially starting in 2022 that we’ll have to worry about a lack of content if we see 4 Star Wars shows between October-January.

Watched the MK sunrise after Mando. Disappointed there’s no DHS, would have loved sunrise over Galaxy’s Edge. Maybe there will be more?
I’ve heard Sunrise may have been filmed before SWGE, in 2018. (Old castle paint and Epcot monuments)
It would be great to add to the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter