• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I cried, my kid cried. We were so loud that I feel the need to watch the parting again, but my heart can't take it. Also, HOLY R2!! Also they went all Harry Potter, eh? Or is this some canon that I am not aware of re: winning the sabre?

Ok I cried, my kid cried. We were so loud that I feel the need to watch the parting again, but my heart can't take it. Also, HOLY R2!! Also they went all Harry Potter, eh? Or is this some canon that I am not aware of re: winning the sabre?
Winning the dark saber is part of the lore or ruling Mandalore. Something that’s part of the animated series.

By the way I felt that the
Dark Troopers added nothing and detracted from the episode overall. All I could see was Justin Hammer off to the side marveling at his creations. And then in action, it was transparently obvious what would happen. Like, these massive robots have no weaknesses at all...except a Jedi. Seemed very amateur. Too much. 🤷‍♂️

Dark Troopers added nothing and detracted from the episode overall. All I could see was Justin Hammer off to the side marveling at his creations. And then in action, it was transparently obvious what would happen. Like, these massive robots have no weaknesses at all...except a Jedi. Seemed very amateur. Too much. 🤷‍♂️
so would you have just regular troopers? Then you wouldn’t need the Jedi as help. It didn’t bother me. It didn’t add a ton either but I didn’t think of it as a negative.

I think part of that was to show that Luke was ok destroying them. Would look have just sliced through actual people if it was regular troopers? This way still have Like as the moral compass of everything but still kick butt

Are we sure it's a different show, though?

It seems like Fett is Season 3 of Mando. Has Disney itself confirmed one way or another?
I was surprised when it seemed everyone assumed season 3 of Mando was confirmed when Kathleen Kennedy just said the next chapter of the story is coming December 2021. But I started doubting myself because I kept seeing articles saying Mando season three confirmed. I think she was talking about the Book of Boba Fett and just could not say that at the time.

There is an end credit scene. OMG
Thanks so much for the heads up. As soon as the the cast credits were done I had paused and come straight here. I went back and watched it before reading all the spoilers :)

omg, omg, was I the only one shouting show your face, show your face when Luke was making his way to the gang :) And once they said an X WING, just the one, I knew it was him, even before they did the tease with the hand. and omg squeal, R2D2 showing up too.
WOW what an ending

Grogou survived Anikan's fit killing the younglings, he'll be fine vs budget anikan
:rotfl2:here in UK / Ireland one of our grocery stores has an own brand budget line and its become a meme. a better name for him is Tesco Value Anakin

Also I just want to say how much I have enjoyed the weekly updates and spoiler discussions these last few weeks. I didn't see the first season in real time as Disney+ only launched in my country in March, so its been amazing this time round watching it the same time as it was released in USA. Also thanks to you all, I've started exploring deeper into the universe as up until now Ive only watched the main 9 films and Rogue One and Solo. I'm really getting into The Clone Wars now and catching up with all the canon information and story lines.

I think part of that was to show that Luke was ok destroying them. Would look have just sliced through actual people if it was regular troopers? This way still have Like as the moral compass of everything but still kick butt
I probably would have just done something completely different. I just can’t help but roll my eyes every time *the most destructive and indestructible thing ever* is introduced, particularly with minimal build up, in ANY show/movie, but here it felt uniquely egregious, as in this universe, that trope has been done several times already (although the Death Star unveiling at least had some clear build up) AND where we’ve seen the future and those things aren’t part of the First Order’s battle plans.

There was so much in this episode most of my thoughts have been covered. But I will mention the scene with Fett and Bo Katan and Koska Reeves was so good.

That really makes it seem like Mando will transition to Boba for season 3, but Din will show up in the new series at points. But his main storyline is now over. This was sort of a series finale for him and Grogu. Just very interesting from a merchandise perspective. They botched the rollout of season 1 by not having any Baby Yoda Merch ready until a month or so in. Now if they move away from the most marketable character the franchise has had in decades it could be rough.

That really makes it seem like Mando will transition to Boba for season 3, but Din will show up in the new series at points. But his main storyline is now over. This was sort of a series finale for him and Grogu. Just very interesting from a merchandise perspective. They botched the rollout of season 1 by not having any Baby Yoda Merch ready until a month or so in. Now if they move away from the most marketable character the franchise has had in decades it could be rough.
they won’t give up on Din and Grogu because of merch alone. That’s way too valuable for Disney.

As for botching it I don’t think they did. The whole point was keeping the child a secret. You also didn’t know the extent of the popularity. Merch is always a fine line. You don’t want to order too much and be stuck with it but you don’t want to order nothing.

The more I think about it the book aspects make sense. The Mando is done in chapters. This finale was the end of Din Djarins book. We then open the book on Boba Fett. We could see books on many other mandalorians going forward. Gives length to this show rather than say a 3-4 season arc or something. Always something new and fresh.

I was surprised when it seemed everyone assumed season 3 of Mando was confirmed when Kathleen Kennedy just said the next chapter of the story is coming December 2021. But I started doubting myself because I kept seeing articles saying Mando season three confirmed. I think she was talking about the Book of Boba Fett and just could not say that at the time.

I think that's right.

Could be one season with Boba Fett and then maybe season 4 is Bo Katan.

Technically, they can still call the show The Mandalorian (or maybe A Mandolorian).
they won’t give up on Din and Grogu because of merch alone. That’s way too valuable for Disney.

As for botching it I don’t think they did. The whole point was keeping the child a secret. You also didn’t know the extent of the popularity. Merch is always a fine line. You don’t want to order too much and be stuck with it but you don’t want to order nothing.

I know they missed out on beaucoup merch monies by not starting on Grogu stuff last year early....but oh gosh, that moment when the tiny hand reached out to Mando and they revealed it was a baby Yoda. That...was....amazing....

It's just so bizarre. This show has done wonders for merch, at least for me. Ever since last year when the first season debuted my love for Star Wars has been returning. I had kind of lost it when they stopped the original canon of Star Wars books and wiped all those out.

But ever since Mando started I've been falling back into the SW rabbit hole that I used to live in.

Not only am I buying Mando merch but I've also been buying a lot more SW related things.

I've been eying that realistic $300 some Grogu. So much cuteness to sit on my desk.

Sorry I'm rambling. Just still trying to process the show.

I'm not ready for Mando and Grogu's story to be finished.

It was such a shock.

I do hope if they move away from Mando, however many seasons they do without him they reunite Djarin and Grogu at the end. I already miss them together.

And there is no way in this world Grogu was murdered by Kylo Ren. Inconceivable.

Djarin has nothing right now. He doesn't have the Crest. He doesn't have Grogu. He's probably feeling very lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter