Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume it's a glitch but it's that way on the website too. You can only scroll so far and then I see blank tiles (do you see that?). I feel that would be weird to not be able to see the content. How else am I going to discover random things (I mean that's how I find the majority of the stuff on Netflix lol). I feel like there should be more shown or if there isn't in that category it should cycle through so I'm not just scrolling through empty tiles.
If it’s a glitch, presumably it will be fixed eventually. In the meantime, it’s a treasure hunt I guess :) I did also discover that you can find titles that will be added later. Like, I found Mr Holland’s Opus, and when I click it, it says “Coming to D+ October 1, 2020”.

So am I an idiot, it’s is there some way to see titles that aren’t shown in the scroll tiles? I’ve discovered that WAY more titles are available if you use the search tool than are shown on the tiles. I’ve added Miracle on 34th Street, Emperor's New Groove, and the first Pirates film to my watch list by searching, but don’t see them under “Home”, “Disney”, or anywhere else. Bug, feature, or glitch?

Go to search, press either movies or series (or however it’s worded) then there’s an option to see titles a-z. I think that covers it all.

Reactions: EmJ
I know it will improve but...

Buffering every 5min is annoying (I have 100mbs service so it’s not my speed)

Browsing is not great. Netflix isn’t great either but at least they have the recommended list based on what you watch.

Wish the back button would go to the top of the menu

Does anyone know how to get something off the watch list without watching it, lol?

Making the account something of more value than just a TV subscription will also discourage some people from password sharing with friends/family. Don't doubt that's part of Disney's thinking - Amazon/Apple et al have been using this strategy for some years now.

You make a good point that I hadn't thought of.

Although part of the marketing was directed at the idea that multiple devices could be logged in at the same time, I suppose the idea is for the "owner" to login.

MDE is so glitchy as it is the thought of any additional overhead added makes me twitch.

Does anyone know how to get something off the watch list without watching it, lol?

Go back to the main screen for that title and hit that circle again with the plus on it. That’ll remove it.

My issues are still no 4K. It seems people are having this issue on Samsung TVs but also rokus and other services. So I’m not alone. The other issue is it isn’t remembering where I am on a show on iOS or my TV. Again, I’m not alone there. I’m sure these will get straightened out with time.

So I prepaid for the service through somewhere. It was buy 2 years get one free. I paid in August. Now when I go to log in, it’s telling me that I still need to pay. I emailed Disney plus and they said that my account has been updated but it hasn’t still asking me to pay. Has anyone else had this issue? I tried calling but was on hold for over 4 hours yesterday when I got another call and accidentally hung up.
I also did the D23 plan and have VZW unlimited. I am paid up through 11/12/22 and I have an exclamation point on my Avatar telling me I need to update my credit card because my payment method is about to expire. I know it will expire before 11/12/22, but not for another 2 years LOL. As long as I can stream I am not saying anything. Hoping it just works itself out.

I found it odd that The Princess and the Frog isn't in the Princess and Fairy Tales group. I mean, Alice in Wonderland is in there and it's not a princess movie or a fairy tale movie.

If it’s a glitch, presumably it will be fixed eventually. In the meantime, it’s a treasure hunt I guess :) I did also discover that you can find titles that will be added later. Like, I found Mr Holland’s Opus, and when I click it, it says “Coming to D+ October 1, 2020”.
That "feature" is actually my biggest gripe about the service. Everything recent-ish I tried to watch with DH yesterday was like that: Black Panther, Christopher Robin, Mary Poppins Returns, Solo. One of those isn't available until 2021. There's absolutely no good reason to tease us with upcoming titles more than a month or two out.

Now that we've had a couple of days to explore, I have to say we're pretty happy so far with Disney+. Some launch glitches, but nothing that I wouldn't have expected or that makes it unwatchable.

The only thing on my wish list would be some fine-tuned control over the kids profile feature. Right now it's just on or off. If it's on kids can only watch Rated G or Y-7; If it's off, they get everything. For instance, my 7 year old searched for Mary Poppins yesterday and could only pull up the original and not the new one (since the original is G and the new is PG.) Had to switch to my profile to find the new one. Would be nice to be able to tweak the kids profile as your child grows.

Other than that, hasn't been much to find fault with for a 2 day old service, at least for us. Time will tell.

It’s based on Marvel comics, yes. The TV show is commonly considered the worst thing Marvel has put out in their history, though. If you’re going to watch a Marvel ABC series, Agent Carter is your best bet :)

I'm a huge MCU fan, but even I couldn't make it through Inhumans. I tried, but then I missed an episode when it aired and just could not make myself get caught up.

So far we've watched Pollyanna (!!!), The Mandalorian (OMG), some Pixar shorts (Bao is still my favorite), and my kid is binging Gravity Falls. I have no regrets getting the D23 deal.

Husband went on a business trip, but we will watch Jeff Goldblum tomorrow night. I'm very excited about it.

I have Netflix and Amazon Prime, too, and I don't watch too much cable these days. The only reason we have it is because my husband works for our local cable/internet/phone provider and we get a huge discount (plus sports!).

ETA: I didn't know which Disney+ thread to reply to, so I picked this one. :rotfl2:

So far we've watched Pollyanna (!!!), The Mandalorian (OMG), some Pixar shorts (Bao is still my favorite), and my kid is binging Gravity Falls. I have no regrets getting the D23 deal.

Husband went on a business trip, but we will watch Jeff Goldblum tomorrow night. I'm very excited about it.

I have Netflix and Amazon Prime, too, and I don't watch too much cable these days. The only reason we have it is because my husband works for our local cable/internet/phone provider and we get a huge discount (plus sports!).

ETA: I didn't know which Disney+ thread to reply to, so I picked this one. :rotfl2:

I watched it and loved it. Do you like Jeff Goldblum? It's strange and weird, just like him! :) I can see other people being like, whaaat?

I know it will improve but...

Buffering every 5min is annoying (I have 100mbs service so it’s not my speed)

Browsing is not great. Netflix isn’t great either but at least they have the recommended list based on what you watch.

Wish the back button would go to the top of the menu
It is also not Disney's fault - most likely the CDN (content delivery network) that connects from Disney's servers to broadband. If the CDN interconnection can't handle the traffic, you will lose packets and have to buffer. As the usage becomes more clear, these problems get resolved as the CDN and service providers upgrade their interconnection/ come to new peering/transit agreements to handle the traffic better.

I watched it and loved it. Do you like Jeff Goldblum? It's strange and weird, just like him! :) I can see other people being like, whaaat?
Not sure what to think about it... But, then again, I don't see the appeal of expensive sneakers. So, maybe it was just the subject. IMO, MIke Rowe of Dirty Jobs and Somebody's Got to Do it nailed this genre. I'll wait to see another episode or two before adding the series to my watchlist.

Not sure what to think about it... But, then again, I don't see the appeal of expensive sneakers. So, maybe it was just the subject. IMO, MIke Rowe of Dirty Jobs and Somebody's Got to Do it nailed this genre. I'll wait to see another episode or two before adding the series to my watchlist.

Yeah, Mike Rowe doesn't appeal to me.
I think it's Jeff Goldblum's quirky nature that makes the show, not so much the subject matter. The subject matter will be different from week to week, but I love his interaction with the people he's meeting. Awkward, but endearing. :rotfl:

My only plus up suggestion aside from fixing glitches would be to have a section showing what you might of partially watched on the main page so if I were to watch something before I had to clock in I could easily see it when I went to continue at break instead of having to use the search function/add to my watch list

Yes we are big fans. That's why we are excited. We love shows like Idiot Abroad and everything Anthony Bourdain did, so I figured we would like this.

I have friends who are sneaker collectors, so I am curious about this one.

Didn't have a ton of time last night so watched a few shorts - including Float (which I liked, though not my favorite of the new ones), and re-watched Steamboat Willie for the first time in a long time ... I forgot the level of animal abuse Mickey does in that

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter