• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw this yesterday and gave it a chance. Ended up skipping to the Onward section. I think it could be a good series but like you I will pick and choose what I want to see.

Just thought I would add a note that I watched the 2nd episode and liked it more than the first. The behind the scenes stuff from Mulan was pretty cool and loved the last part which had two Disney Animator Legends come to the archives and look over old drawings and sketches they had done years ago. One of the best things was seeing an original version of Gaston and then how (and why) it changed.

Onward seems like a cult hit in the making. I was lucky enough to see it a week before it was released in the theaters with my son at a preview event and we both loved it. It has a slow burn to it but when it all comes together it does so in a really delightful way. If you were at all into D&D at all as a younger version of yourself you will get a lot of memories flooding back to you. Even if you haven't the charm is still there in spades.. I'm curious and I hope folks give it chance when it shows up tomorrow.

NEWS

Disney has tapped Joby Harold as the new writer for the Obi-Wan Kenobi planned for Disney+

• Harold previously wrote the screenplay for King Arthur: Leged of the Sword and executive produced John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum.
  • He is also writing the script for Zack Snyder’s upcoming film Army of the Dead as well as a yet-untitled Transformers project.

Does anyone know what the most reliable source for titles coming to Disney+ is? I saw a list back in February saying The Weekenders was coming in late March, which didn’t happen, and then I saw one that said certain episodes of Disneyland would be added in April but I haven’t seen another list with it included. I don’t have a go to site for this information, but it’s interesting that lists about Disney+ have been so inconsistent while similar lists for Netflix and Hulu are always spot on (at least in my experience)

Does anyone know what the most reliable source for titles coming to Disney+ is? I saw a list back in February saying The Weekenders was coming in late March, which didn’t happen, and then I saw one that said certain episodes of Disneyland would be added in April but I haven’t seen another list with it included. I don’t have a go to site for this information, but it’s interesting that lists about Disney+ have been so inconsistent while similar lists for Netflix and Hulu are always spot on (at least in my experience)
The Disney+ social media pages would be the most official.

It's on Hulu. Would they stream it on more than one service?
Thank you, and I don't know. I just know it appeared in the list of shows for Disney+ when they were first selling the service. It didn't "seal the deal" for me--I would have bought it anyway--but I'd love to have it on D+ as advertised. I don't currently have Hulu. Thanks again.

It's on Hulu. Would they stream it on more than one service?
Thank you, and I don't know. I just know it appeared in the list of shows for Disney+ when they were first selling the service. It didn't "seal the deal" for me--I would have bought it anyway--but I'd love to have it on D+ as advertised. I don't currently have Hulu. Thanks again.

So I did a little googling and found a statement that Hulu does have "exclusive paid rights" for Malcolm in the Middle currently. It started in December of 2017 and chatter was typically deals are for 3 years which would have it up this coming December

Nothing official, but figure nothing on the internet is ever wrong :D

So I did a little googling and found a statement that Hulu does have "exclusive paid rights" for Malcolm in the Middle currently. It started in December of 2017 and chatter was typically deals are for 3 years which would have it up this coming December

Nothing official, but figure nothing on the internet is ever wrong :D
It will be interesting to see if it gets added in December then. Disney definitely did a little deceptive advertising by including it in their promotions, but hey what else is new. At least if they add it in December (or someday), it would be somewhat legit.

It will be interesting to see if it gets added in December then. Disney definitely did a little deceptive advertising by including it in their promotions, but hey what else is new. At least if they add it in December (or someday), it would be somewhat legit.

Disney did buy Hulu a while ago, so two possibilities.

1) The advertisement was for the Disney+ bundle (which includes Hulu & ESPN+

2) Disney was originally going to move Malcom in the Middle over to Disney+ but have decided against doing so. Probably becomes it’s to “mature.” The upcoming tv show based off of Love, Simon was originally going to be on Disney+ But has been moved to Hulu die to it’s “mature” content. The Lizzie McGuire sequel’s production is currently halted for the same reason.

I for one am very excited to finally see Onward.

i see why some might not love it, but I did. One of my favorite Pixar movies out there. Not quite Up, Toy Story, or Inside Out, but just below those with Monsters Inc and Wall-E. It’s the best Disney or Pixar movie I’ve seen since Moana.

I was itching to see it again and I’m so glad I can now.

Disney did buy Hulu a while ago, so two possibilities.

1) The advertisement was for the Disney+ bundle (which includes Hulu & ESPN+

2) Disney was originally going to move Malcom in the Middle over to Disney+ but have decided against doing so. Probably becomes it’s to “mature.” The upcoming tv show based off of Love, Simon was originally going to be on Disney+ But has been moved to Hulu die to it’s “mature” content. The Lizzie McGuire sequel’s production is currently halted for the same reason.

that’s also what happened to High Fidelity, which was developed for Disney+ but premiered on Hulu. It seems, right now, Disney is keeping Disney+ to strictly family friendly material UNLESS it’s super popular in which case it doesn’t matter? Marvel, Star Wars, and the Simpsons all contain material similar to what has moved other programs off of the service, but they’re huge draws so Disney seems okay with it. I’m not sure Malcom in the Middle would be a big enough draw that they’d make an exception for it.

It feels like Disney+ is having a somewhat problematic identity crisis, that’s resulted in a lot of their new shows either being moved or cancelled. It’s been kind of baffling to watch, since they’re definitely lacking in original content, and it seems like most of the new shows that were originally announced for Disney+ will no longer actually play there. We’ve been enjoying Disney+ more since our states stay-at-home advisory went into play, but beforehand I was sort of regretting springing for the three year deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter