Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, this article made me go read up on the current supply chain situation. Boy, what a mess. Long line of ships waiting to get into the LA/Long Beach ports to unload. The docks are full of containers waiting to be carried off by truckers. The truckers are trying to return empty containers that go back onto the ships for Asia but they cannot get into the ports because there is no room to drop their empty container because of all the full ones. The empty containers sit on their chassis so they can't' take a full container. Rail yards seem to be stacked full of containers too. Meanwhile, warehouses are sitting empty waiting for their goods. There is a Task Force that is working on this but since all of this is private and foreign companies, there is not much they can do. Seems like there is a lot of finger pointing going on and no real problem solving. I don't think this is going to be resolved anytime soon. Honestly, they need to put a Mom in charge. We are really good at logistics.

It's a real mess, and affecting a lot more than retailers. I work in procurement for a manufacturing company, and we have expensive equipment being help up because the parts can't get here. Not just shipping logistics, though, there is also a raw materials shortage, anything with resin is a big problem right now.

It's a real mess, and affecting a lot more than retailers. I work in procurement for a manufacturing company, and we have expensive equipment being help up because the parts can't get here. Not just shipping logistics, though, there is also a raw materials shortage, anything with resin is a big problem right now.
I work for a foreign company (Finland). My company actually owns 3 ships and our own port (Jax). One of the big bosses deserves a raise for the forethought. We are not slowed down at all. However, our competitors .....

Great to hear. Kathleen has become the "bad guy" for a lot of Star Wars fans who disliked the Sequel Trilogy, specifically The Last Jedi. Everything "bad" was her fault directly, though none of the "good" stuff (Rogue One, Mandalorian) was to her credit either. It makes no sense. In reality, she's just the President, not the creative. Sure, she has final say in hiring the creative folks - of course, that includes Jon Favreau/Dave Filoni (well Dave already worked there but she lets him run with it). Star Wars fans are the same people calligng for George Lucas's head after the Prequels/The Phantom Menace, and now they think he can save them from the "evil woman" in charge now. For me, everything's worked out so far. Is it perfect? Well, it's Star Wars, so, yeah, actually it is.

Yep she gave a bit too much line to one creative "genuis" IMO, otherwise really some great content from the others, esp the last acts of Rogue One and the Mandalorian-must have watched those a hundred times.

Oh, yeah, I love the prequels and actually thing that overall they form the best narrative of the three trilogies - though I still love the OT and the ST too!
My kids and I are prequel junkies, then Clone Wars, the Bad Batch, Rogue One, the OT, the Mandalorian, Rebels, Solo, and then the prequels if we happen to come across them on TV. We’ll go out of our way to watch the others, but we’ll never turn down Star Wars. My daughter won a SW trivia contest at a small con when she was in 6th grade, playing against people much older than she - a defining parental moment. Okay, I’ve just outed myself as a nerd.

My kids and I are prequel junkies, then Clone Wars, the Bad Batch, Rogue One, the OT, the Mandalorian, Rebels, Solo, and then the prequels if we happen to come across them on TV. We’ll go out of our way to watch the others, but we’ll never turn down Star Wars. My daughter won a SW trivia contest at a small con when she was in 6th grade, playing against people much older than she - a defining parental moment. Okay, I’ve just outed myself as a nerd.

Oh, yeah, I also love Clone Wars/Rebels/Bad Batch! It's all actually my favorite Star Wars of all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter