• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning Everyone!! I just wanted to start off by Thanking all if you for continuing to visit our little news thread and let you know how much you’re all appreciated!!! With that being said, today’s exquisitely brilliant, fantastically choreographed and over the top dance is dedicated to all of you!!! :grouphug: Let’s get right to it!!!

You probably woke up this morning and thought to yourself - today’s just another day… but it’s not!! IT’S FRIDAY Dis Boards!!!!
So stop whatever the hell it is that you’re doing right now because this one’s for you!!!

77D28E9A-7F3E-4D02-A304-EFB0CD3EAD05.gif

Why be moody when you can shake your booty?!?!?!?

5BCB64D0-4B8B-4266-8B28-D3977D7CC054.gif

It’s time to shake off those mid-week blues and turn that frown upside down!! Every Friday here is a little gift from me to you!

885447A3-677E-4C5F-8334-F570F6CB3B3D.gif

I mean, we can discuss the News here and there but…life is too short to be serious ALL the time!!

A3B4CB59-67DD-4961-997F-0E39BD10887D.gif

On this thread you can let it all hang out!!

FC123E7F-7427-442A-970C-BFB4F5821A87.gif

Let your freak flag fly high…

244FE5CE-FB3A-498C-A326-33DBC4DA9F47.gif

And feel like you’re amongst friends!!!

EA4B095A-BF46-4F63-A04B-098F43AD2973.gif

Now, I understand not everyone digs my dancing, but all I can say to that is - Ooooooo eeeeeee….

00D6E087-9E50-442A-81B2-C259433B69DA.gif

Because I got a fever, and the only prescription… is more dancing!!!!!!!

5A212B51-0A1E-42AE-9A76-2C191F8A72ED.gif

You can count on me (and @HokieRaven5) to bring you all of latest Disney news, summon the News Gods every week to make sure all of your wishes get fulfilled, and of course, provide an Element of fun!!! Thank you all again!! I hope we get some more good news next week! We got this guys!!!!!

5DF5D457-653C-4D54-B6F9-8ECB75975715.gif

Last edited:
Thanks, I read that I just wasn’t sure if that would encompass disney springs. If we wait to meet Santa and then my kids go to find some one that doesn’t look like Santa ... well, there’s sure to be some major disappointment & meltdowns 😬 Just trying to gauge whether it’s worth attempting the virtual cue. If my oldest sees diverse Santas in the park he’ll just say someone is pretending to be Santa... it’ll be a whole different thing if we are “going to meet Santa.”
When my kids were little we would discuss Santa and the fact that every mall had a Santa etc. We decided that the real Santa moved around, and all the others were decoys that helped him out. You never knew if you were getting the real Santa or a helper. Quite often they were convinced that they had just visited the real Santa.
I think that is how I would handle this with my kids if they were still little.

I’m not sure if they will be switching out or all in separate locations. Here is how the article reads:

“Starting tomorrow, the holidays kick off at Walt Disney World and Disney has planned to have Cast Members of various races portray the role of Santa Claus at the parks this year. The move is the latest in a Diversity and Inclusion initiative that Disney has focused on in the past couple of years.

Ahead of a theme park debut that might come as early as tonight, Cast Members were able to meet with a diverse lineup of Santa Claus meet and greets early as part of the #DisneyCastLife perk that offers Cast Members a sneak peek of upcoming theme park offerings!”

This is really cool, such an awesome way to make magic for some kids that may have never met a Santa that looks like them. 🥰

When my kids were little we would discuss Santa and the fact that every mall had a Santa etc. We decided that the real Santa moved around, and all the others were decoys that helped him out. You never knew if you were getting the real Santa or a helper. Quite often they were convinced that they had just visited the real Santa.
Great idea!

We did the same thing when the kids were young. My oldest knew the one that came to the cubscout meeting wasn't a real one (probably due to the cheesy felt beard) but he knew the real one always came to Dad's office party. Now the Easter Bunny was a whole other problem my oldest was 4 when he asked is the Easter Bunny a real bunny or the guy in the costume? And if it's a real bunny how does he carry around all the eggs to hide? My answer...I don't know, I've never seen the Easter Bunny.

Curious , how will parents handle why the Santa at Epcot doesn't look at all like the Santa at MK.? Or at 11 Santa looks one way, 6 hours later, completely different in the same park?

Does any one why Disney’s park hours are showing early entry as an hour instead of 30 minutes? Did I miss something?

Thanksgiving and Black Friday Brunch offerings at City Works in Disney Springs

Thanksgiving Menu – Nov. 25

People can enjoy all of their Thanksgiving-day favorites with the benefit of not having to do any dishes. City Works is offering Herb-Roasted Turkey and a plate full of classic holiday sides, along with decadent desserts. Reservations are encouraged and people can see the full menu and reserve their table here.

Black Friday Brunch – Nov. 26

Typically reserved for weekends, people can kick off their Black Friday shopping with City Works’ Rock n’ Roll Brunch of sweet and savory treats like Jon Bun Jovi and The Boss. The brunch will be offered Friday from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.

The Grand Floridian Christmas Tree is OFFICIALLY UP!

Grand-floridian-christmas-tree2.jpeg

Pumpkin Cheesecake and Pumpkin Mudslide Now at The Polite Pig in Disney Springs

View attachment 622048

From November 5th through December 31st, The Polite Pig in Disney Springs is offering the perfect end to one of their smokin’ entrées. Pumpkin Cheesecake is the best way to compromise when you love cheesecake but also need that seasonal slice of pumpkin pie. For $7, you can try what some customers have named the best cheesecake they’ve ever tasted.

Sitting here wondering how I can possibly eat and drink all the things I want to try this trip...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter