Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here now, and I agree completely with this comment and with TP's decrease on the Crowd Calendar. I was prepared for a hurricane of people for the 50th, but it's been MUCH slower than I anticipated.

Did MK last Wednesday and HS on Thursday. Listed wait times have been low, and actual wait times are even less. Haunted Mansion was listed at 45 minutes about about 5pm, but was actually a walk-on. ROTR was about 110-120 for most of the day, but down to 50 minutes at about 6pm, and only took about 35 minutes. Both much less than I had anticipated.

Before we left for our trip, I was upset that Disney couldn't get G+ together for the 50th, but unless things change soon (i.e. in the next week), I am not missing any kind of ride-skipping at all right now.

Good for me, but probably bad for Disney...
Sorry, I'm quoting my own post here (and this is probably somewhat off-topic - please delete if necessary)- but just wanted to say that I was wrong re: crowds on this post from last week. Also, that TP's crowd calendar has been WAY off. I guess I can't blame them with so much changes lately, but it's not even been close.

Last Wednesday (9 days ago), TP rated MK a 4, and it was super slow. Walked-on to HM at about 5pm, Jungle Cruise was about a 5-minute wait despite a posted time of 35 minutes. TP then dropped almost all of their crowd calendars to 1's and 2's for this week.

Then went to MK again yesterday, a day which TP's crowd calendar had lowered to a 1 for MK and a 1 for the entire property - and MK was a ZOO. Shoulder-to-shoulder almost all day, 7DMT was never less than an 80 minute wait, etc. I'm no expert, but I would have called last Wednesday a crowd rating of about 2 and yesterday as about a 6 or 7 - almost completely opposite of TP's predictions.

I have no idea why yesterday was so busy - we're slowly moving away from the 50th and just after a 3-day weekend for many people - so I would have guessed it should have been semi-slow. Does anyone else have an explanation?

Sorry, I'm quoting my own post here (and this is probably somewhat off-topic - please delete if necessary)- but just wanted to say that I was wrong re: crowds on this post from last week. Also, that TP's crowd calendar has been WAY off. I guess I can't blame them with so much changes lately, but it's not even been close.

Last Wednesday (9 days ago), TP rated MK a 4, and it was super slow. Walked-on to HM at about 5pm, Jungle Cruise was about a 5-minute wait despite a posted time of 35 minutes. TP then dropped almost all of their crowd calendars to 1's and 2's for this week.

Then went to MK again yesterday, a day which TP's crowd calendar had lowered to a 1 for MK and a 1 for the entire property - and MK was a ZOO. Shoulder-to-shoulder almost all day, 7DMT was never less than an 80 minute wait, etc. I'm no expert, but I would have called last Wednesday a crowd rating of about 2 and yesterday as about a 6 or 7 - almost completely opposite of TP's predictions.

I have no idea why yesterday was so busy - we're slowly moving away from the 50th and just after a 3-day weekend for many people - so I would have guessed it should have been semi-slow. Does anyone else have an explanation?

This makes me nervous about my early December trip, most of my days TP has listed as 3s and 4s, and I'm hoping they stay that way, or go lower.

Hard to know if they will at all for AK. AK hasn't had extended evening hours for resort guests in over a decade.

Hopefully they add HS to the extended evening hours list and expand beyond the Monday EPCOT, Wednesday MK they have currently.

I thought AK offered an after hours event a few years back, so I figured they might also do the extended hours?

Yeah they had After Hours Events. They just haven’t also had included Evening Hours since 2011.

I guess we’ll see what they wind up doing.

Didn't they have more evening hours for resort guests after Pandora opened? Might not have been specifically called EMH.

I'll be there in 10 days and Touring Plans has altered the Crowd Calendar on all of my days as well. Many protections are 1's and 2's. They have MK at a 4 on Halloween. Granted there is a Boo Bash that night but the park only closes 30 minutes earlier than normal, so I just don't see that number being correct. In fact, I find all the new projections to be extremely optimistic. Mentally I'm preparing for every park to be at least a 5 everyday I'm there.

Celebrity Narrators Return to Candlelight Processional Along with Other Joyous Traditions During EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays Presented by AdventHealth

Candlelight Processional Dining Packages are also returning, and can be booked online beginning Oct. 26.

This year’s celebrity narrators will include Chita Rivera, Jodi Benson, Alton Fitzgerald White, Lisa Ling, Steven Curtis Chapman, Blair Underwood and Pat Sajak with more names being added over the next few weeks.

During the festival, holiday traditions of the world come to life around World Showcase, such as:

• Las Posadas at the Mexico pavilion
  • Canadian Holiday Voyageurs in the Canada pavilion
  • Chinese Lion Dance celebrating the new year in the China pavilion
  • A Hanukkah storyteller along the promenade and delightful holiday storytellers in France, Italy, Japan, Norway and the United Kingdom
  • And outside The American Adventure, you can wave hello to Santa Claus as he gets ready for the big day
Holiday Cookie Stroll

Olaf’s Holiday Tradition Expedition Scavenger Hunt

Celebrity Narrators Return to Candlelight Processional Along with Other Joyous Traditions During EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays Presented by AdventHealth

Candlelight Processional Dining Packages are also returning, and can be booked online beginning Oct. 26.

This year’s celebrity narrators will include Chita Rivera, Jodi Benson, Alton Fitzgerald White, Lisa Ling, Steven Curtis Chapman, Blair Underwood and Pat Sajak with more names being added over the next few weeks.

During the festival, holiday traditions of the world come to life around World Showcase, such as:

• Las Posadas at the Mexico pavilion
  • Canadian Holiday Voyageurs in the Canada pavilion
  • Chinese Lion Dance celebrating the new year in the China pavilion
  • A Hanukkah storyteller along the promenade and delightful holiday storytellers in France, Italy, Japan, Norway and the United Kingdom
  • And outside The American Adventure, you can wave hello to Santa Claus as he gets ready for the big day
Holiday Cookie Stroll

Olaf’s Holiday Tradition Expedition Scavenger Hunt
I KNEW THEY WERE IN NEGOTIATIONS WITH THE NARRATORS! The minute it said info unavailable I was like “final negotiations are happening!”
Look at that line up! Alton Fitzgerald White was brilliant as Mufasa in the Lion King on Broadway! And Jodi and Chita! This is my theatre loving selfs dream!!!!!!!

I KNEW THEY WERE IN NEGOTIATIONS WITH THE NARRATORS!
Look at that line up! Alton Fitzgerald White was brilliant as Mufasa in the Lion King on Broadway! And Jodi and Chita! This is my theatre loving selfs dream!!!!!!!
Yes! What great news for a dreary, rainy morning. I've had Twitter alerts for Disney Parks Blog's feed set since they announced the Candlelight Processional was coming back specifically for this news and the date the Candlelight Dining Packages will become available. Jodi was fantastic when I saw her a few years ago and I'd love for Chita to be there during my trip this year. I'm just happy it's coming back since I totally was not expecting to see it when I originally booked my trip.

Speaking of the dining packages, will they become available at 5:00 a.m. Central like dining reservations do? It's been several years since my last holiday season trip and I'm not sure I reserved my dining package on their first available date then.

Last edited:
This makes me nervous about my early December trip, most of my days TP has listed as 3s and 4s, and I'm hoping they stay that way, or go lower.
They lowered my Nov 9-14 trip to 2s and 3s, but now that it’s been announced that foreign travelers can enter starting Nov 8, I’m getting nervous.

They lowered my Nov 9-14 trip to 2s and 3s, but now that it’s been announced that foreign travelers can enter starting Nov 8, I’m getting nervous.
I have a trip booked the 7th to the 15th. I looked at room availability and there is a lot available for all of the days. That definitely wasn't the case just a few days ago, so I'm thinking there were a lot of 30 day out cancellations

From the Candlelight Processional page:
Candlelight Narrators
Each night, a celebrity narrator tells the story of Christmas, recounting the biblical tale of a savior born in Bethlehem. Woven into the production are stirring songs of hope and joy performed by the orchestra and massed choir.
This year, the following celebrity lineup will lend their talents to the performance:
  • Chita Rivera
    November 29 through December 1
  • Jodi Benson
    December 2 through December 4
  • Alton Fitzgerald White
    December 5 through December 7
  • Lisa Ling
    December 11 through December 13
  • Steven Curtis Chapman
    December 23 through December 25
  • Blair Underwood
    December 26 through December 28
  • Pat Sajak
    December 29 through December 30

Speaking of the dining packages, will they become available at 5:00 a.m. Central like dining reservations do? It's been several years since my last holiday season trip and I'm not sure I reserved my dining package on their first available date then.
I’d like to know that too

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter