Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WDW got Galaxy's Edge running in late August, but RotR didn't open until early December ... still hitting the 2019 date (barely). Sept-Dec may be realistic for Guardians if Disney is only saying 2022

I'm hoping they plan to have it open for Epcot's 40th anniversary. Also I have a trip planned for early November, so I really want it to be open by then. 😅

Just going to the share The Dis' recording of Harmonius as it is so much better than Disney's live stream (that seemed to have been avoiding the fireworks???):

Overall I liked it, I agree some of the transitions were...rough. I thought the score for brave was epic and liked the language combo throughout.

Though my main complaints:

-Moana totally hijacked Hercules
-They cheaped out on fireworks during Genie (Mulan had better)
-Jungle puppets were weird on screen (shadow puppetry might have been better)
-Frozen and Beauty and the Beast were very short
-Princess and the Frog felt more like the finale then the actual finale, also they could have introduced some of the various languages around Tiana's time such as Creole
-Wish there was an overreaching combo song they incorporated through the whole show, they opened with lion king and then later had lion king again. The song after Princess and the Frog was jarring because it took me a bit to stop trying to figure out what IP it was from.

even pre pandemic I was calling GotG being opened 10/1/22 for Epcot 40th lets see how accurate I am
as for MB+ it looks cool but considering my normal magic bands (purchased as newly as the 2021 festival of the arts one) don't give me any ride photos more than likely due to the long range RFDI being affected by my FitBit do I want to invest in this new product

Just going to the share The Dis' recording of Harmonius as it is so much better than Disney's live stream (that seemed to have been avoiding the fireworks???):
I think it looks beautiful. And though Jungle Book and Lion King seem to scream AK, it’s a way to showcase global societies. I think it will feel larger than life in person. But….do you think you need to be only right in front or right in back to get the affect of the center barge? Hoping not, seeing as both paid viewing restaurant spots are off to the side it seems?

Maaaaan. My trip is in March and I already bought one of the 50th anniversary normal magic bands, but now I want the new magic band+! Gaaaaaaaah.
I'm in the same boat. We have a split-stay and I got both the 50th bands for that. Now I have to book another trip to get the MagicBand+! I HAVE to!

Damn, that's pretty! Not that I can afford to stay at GF...

Agreed, I very much like the more modern take on the Victorian aesthetic. However it looks sorely lacking in Disney touches, I don't need them to be loud and in my face but I don't want them practically unseen either. I like how Riviera and Saratoga Springs tackled it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter