Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the park reservation system is in the process of changing. I went in this morning to change some of my reservations for November, and now, as a Passholder, have to pick if I am taking out of Passholder bucket or resort stay bucket, then have to choose which resort stay. I know that was going to be part of the upcoming changes, so that part seems done.
YES!! I had to deal with this over the weekend and I wondered if something weird was going on with my MDE or what..

for our March trip we are taking my cousin and she has a regular park hopper ticket but DH and I have APs...so when I went to change our park days this weekend, it had me re-do hers and ours and select the trip that DH and I were getting park days for (this Nov trip or the March trip) and now when I look at MDE, there are 2 park reservations for the days I changed. 1 for my cousin for a party of 1, and 1 for DH and I for a party of 2...

at least I know it's not just me!

now, the park reservation dates we didnt change look like they did before, and are for a party of 3, that should be OK, right?

so many changes!

I know the park reservation system is in the process of changing. I went in this morning to change some of my reservations for November, and now, as a Passholder, have to pick if I am taking out of Passholder bucket or resort stay bucket, then have to choose which resort stay. I know that was going to be part of the upcoming changes, so that part seems done.
The day APs went on sale was when the big changes occurred. So about 2 weeks ago.

So, this may sound crazy, but is Disney dropping prices on hotels? I am in Canada, and just did my weekly logon to compare prices between the Disney website, and the Costco Canada website. Package prices have dropped thousands of dollars for my trip, Mar 10-15, 2022.
On the Costco site., for example, I see for 5 people, including 3 day park tickets:

Art of Animation Family Suite, $4930 CAD ($3858 USD)
Contemporary, Mar 10-15, Lakeview, main tower $6250 CAD ($4891 USD)
Saratoga Springs, treehouse $9800 CAD ($7669 USD)
Animal Kingdom, 1 bedroom Villa, Standard view $6600 CAD ($5165 USD)

this seems crazy good!

So, this may sound crazy, but is Disney dropping prices on hotels? I am in Canada, and just did my weekly logon to compare prices between the Disney website, and the Costco Canada website. Package prices have dropped thousands of dollars for my trip, Mar 10-15, 2022.
On the Costco site., for example, I see for 5 people, including 3 day park tickets:

this seems crazy good!

Book it now!

this seems crazy good!

I checked my dates, and you are right, the prices are good! I am not 100% sure we are going yet, as we have two kiddos who can't be vaccinated. It's too bad Costco doesn't have a better cancellation policy, or I would switch my booking to them right now. But thanks for the heads up, as we get closer and I know we are going for sure, if there is still a good deal I will book there instead.

As long as they eventually adjust (or preferably, remove) the hopping time restriction, I really don’t mind park reservations

For me, although I hate the booking process, that’s not what bothers me the most about it. It’s WHY we are being made to do it.

Even now that reservations are practically wide open for every park, everyday, it’s still a huge pain in the butt to have to do every time you want to go. I suspect those that don’t mind are those who come once or twice a year for a week and plan their whole trip out anyway.

If I could book quickly and easily in the app I guess I wouldn’t care THAT much. But the fact that it’s so clunky and often takes several tries, all so Bob can have an even MORE accurate attendance guess so he can run skeleton crews more often and pass none of the savings onto the CMs or guests…

Last edited:
I have not read this entire thread so I apologize if this has been asked and answered a million times. Do we have any updates about the train at Magic Kingdom? Will it be up and running this year or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter