Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read rumors it’ll be $4-$24 a ride to keep it just under $100 for a family of 4.

I also think it is brilliant marketing to have some of the options a drastically lowered price... "wow! only $4 per person to ride space mountain!" I bet it drives more traffic to the lower cost attractions than they would receive without any IA$

Call me crazy but I get a little sad on Fridays because it almost always means no more major news for the weekend!!!

but still, good morning and happy Friday everyone! Also, miss you on here, @mrsap! Your successor is absolutely killing it though, thank you for everything @HokieRaven5:love:

Hey girl!!!! I hope you are well!! Thanks so much for the kind words!! I miss you guys too!!!! :grouphug: I still have 3 full weekends of travel and then I’ll be done! Just didn’t want to come back too soon and not be able to give 100%!!! @HokieRaven5 has been amazing and I’m so thankful for all the help!! Although great at delivering the news, he could definitely use some help in the dancing department 😂 😜 💃🏻

Disney College Program news is happening VERY quickly! They just announced earlier this week that they were opening up applications again. They opened on Tuesday and have already started sending out acceptances for kids to start between October and January. They didn't even do interviews. I'm both excited and nervous that my daughter is going to be there starting January 10!

Obviously the staffing ramp up continues....

Disney College Program news is happening VERY quickly! They just announced earlier this week that they were opening up applications again. They opened on Tuesday and have already started sending out acceptances for kids to start between October and January. They didn't even do interviews. I'm both excited and nervous that my daughter is going to be there starting January 10!

So, over/under on number of trips for you while she is there? 2.5? :tigger:

Congratulations on your daughters acceptance! 🎉🥳👏

Hey now, not just kids! My wife did the DCP at like 38 years old!

Removing Duffy and friends from the parks was a disappointment for our girls. They are teenagers now (well, one soon to be this month!), but they still lament the loss of the nightly Duffy bedtime story on resort TV.

My daughters are almost 18 - they still have their Duffy dolls & clothes. It is a shame he isn't at the parks any more. . .although right now, it would hard to resist hugging a fluffy bear. :love:

Thinking it will vary each day (hour?) depending how busy the parks/standby lines are. Though still really want to know what they are thinking pricing-wise.
I think the per ride premier access passes in Paris amount to 8-18 USD so mentally using that as a base line
Do we ever expect the parade to return 😑
I know we are getting a new Mickey & Friends cavalcade 10/1
With full parades at DCA’s Halloween party and at Disneyland for Christmastime and world for Mickey’s most merriest I’d like to predict now that Magic Happens & Festival of Fantasy will return either in full or in a modified B mode capacity in early 2022

I had a thought about the Individual Paid Attractions pricing. I live where there is dynamic pricing on some hot lanes. The point of the dynamic pricing is to discourage people from taking it so it still moves quickly even when there is a lot of traffic on the road. It can get up to $30 in tolls just to take a short section of the road. I’m thinking this is what they will do with these attractions. The dynamic pricing would increase when it’s busy so much that people would really think twice before paying it. That way, the line still moves quickly for the limited folks who are willing to throw down the cash. If that’s the case, I think you could see the pricing get very high at certain times. Just a thought.

I had a thought about the Individual Paid Attractions pricing. I live where there is dynamic pricing on some hot lanes. The point of the dynamic pricing is to discourage people from taking it so it still moves quickly even when there is a lot of traffic on the road. It can get up to $30 in tolls just to take a short section of the road. I’m thinking this is what they will do with these attractions. The dynamic pricing would increase when it’s busy so much that people would really think twice before paying it. That way, the line still moves quickly for the limited folks who are willing to throw down the cash. If that’s the case, I think you could see the pricing get very high at certain times. Just a thought.

I agree with this to a point. I don't think the LL is meant for the masses. I think the type to book a vip tour, stay club level, use minnie vans and such are the ones much more likely to regularly pay for LL. There will be some that may do it for just 1 or 2 rides on their once in a lifetime trip or those that rarely go. Those that go often or every year or 2 will be much less likely to and if they do will sacrifice a souvenir, drink, expensive meal and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter