Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a quick search and didn't see this mentioned, apologies if I missed it and I'm repeating news.... but a really far out CR pool refurb notice was recently posted on Disney's website:

From January 9 through August 3, 2023, the Feature Pool and whirlpool spa will be closed for refurbishment. The water play area and Bay Lake Pool will remain open for your enjoyment.

Source: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/contemporary-resort/pools-contemporary-resort/

That's a rather lengthy closure for Disney pool standards, so possibly some significant work/renovation coming.
Incredipool retheme?

I did a quick search and didn't see this mentioned, apologies if I missed it and I'm repeating news.... but a really far out CR pool refurb notice was recently posted on Disney's website:

From January 9 through August 3, 2023, the Feature Pool and whirlpool spa will be closed for refurbishment. The water play area and Bay Lake Pool will remain open for your enjoyment.

Source: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/contemporary-resort/pools-contemporary-resort/

That's a rather lengthy closure for Disney pool standards, so possibly some significant work/renovation coming.
Wow...a year and a half closure for Contemporarys pool...kinda crazy, especially considering how small Bay Lakes pool is...that should be interesting.

Are they saying January 9th 2023 or do they mean January 9, 2022. That seems REALLY early to be posting on the site.
They are saying 2023 but I agree that seems really far away.

Yeah it’s for 2023 according to some of the blogs posting about it as well. It’s listed because January 9, 2023 is in 499 days and people can start booking a resort stay at 500 days.

We did a last minute staycation (really last minute: at lunch on Friday I decided to Hotwire a room for the weekend and we left when we got off work) and ended up at Epcot last night. We ride Figment often but this time, there was a CM sitting at the "receptionist's desk" in the queue pretending to answer the phone and flip through the calendar on the desk.

My DH and I looked at each other and were like "that's new!"

Are we nuts? Have y'all ever seen a CM in the queue?

I thought maybe they had nothing for her to do so instead of making her clock out, they told her to sit there and look busy :rotfl:

We did a last minute staycation (really last minute: at lunch on Friday I decided to Hotwire a room for the weekend and we left when we got off work) and ended up at Epcot last night. We ride Figment often but this time, there was a CM sitting at the "receptionist's desk" in the queue pretending to answer the phone and flip through the calendar on the desk.

My DH and I looked at each other and were like "that's new!"

Are we nuts? Have y'all ever seen a CM in the queue?

I thought maybe they had nothing for her to do so instead of making her clock out, they told her to sit there and look busy :rotfl:
We saw 2 CMs at the desk on 8/18. First time we saw anyone there

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter