Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else think that the first few seconds of the 50th Anniversary announcements looks a little like the Harry Potter world? The clock reminds me of the clock in the Prisoner of Azakaban movie, the hat reminds me of the Sorting hat, and the file cabinet looks like it belongs in Diagon Alley. ;)

Does anyone else think that the first few seconds of the 50th Anniversary announcements looks a little like the Harry Potter world? The clock reminds me of the clock in the Prisoner of Azakaban movie and the file cabinet looks like it belongs in Diagon Alley.

I can see that! LOVE those movies!!!! 🤓

Does anyone else think that the first few seconds of the 50th Anniversary announcements looks a little like the Harry Potter world? The clock reminds me of the clock in the Prisoner of Azakaban movie, the hat reminds me of the Sorting hat, and the file cabinet looks like it belongs in Diagon Alley. ;)

Disney Parks twitter posted that there are 18 easter eggs in that opening scene. The background is too dark/blurry on my computer to see all of them but so far I've noted:

Cinderella's slipper
Chef hat
Sorcerer Hat, broom, & bucket
Peter Pan's Hat
Mickey's Shoes
Enchanted Rose
Cogsworth
Magic Carpet
Pan's Shadow
Rapunzel's lantern
Heart of Te Fiti
Chip/some sort of teacup

I'll be fun to try and find the rest when I have a better screen/HQ video to look at.

Edited to add a spoiler tag for anyone who wants to find them on their own. :)

Last edited:

Well, I mean that clock has been on the castle for 50 years so.... 😉 Maybe that's where Harry Potter got it!

Do we think this is the little Boo partyish/after hrs thing related...6pm is ROUGH and super annoying for anyone going to MK on those days. Seems we're taking steps back in the wrong direction.

This is unlikely Boo Bash related as that runs after park close for three hours. This is only one day - likely for an event of somekind. It could be a thing for CMs or a corporate rental. It happens ocassionally.

This is unlikely Boo Bash related as that runs after park close for three hours. This is only one day - likely for an event of somekind. It could be a thing for CMs or a corporate rental. It happens ocassionally.
Yeah, I just went into look at all the park hrs. and it looks to just be this day. That makes me feel better. Last year all the 6pm closes were just pretty terrible, so I'm glad to see it seems to just be a 1 day event.

I know it’s not Disney related, but I’m sharing because it’s been officially confirmed by Universal:

Updated Safety Guidelines
In accordance with CDC guidelines, face coverings are no longer required for fully vaccinated guests, indoors or outdoors. While we do not require proof of vaccination, we do expect those who are not fully vaccinated to wear face coverings while indoors. We encourage all guests to keep a safe distance between travel parties, and we remain focused on maintaining the highest cleanliness and sanitization standards.

https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/plan-your-visit/safety-faqs

I know it’s not Disney related, but I’m sharing because it’s been officially confirmed by Universal:

Updated Safety Guidelines
In accordance with CDC guidelines, face coverings are no longer required for fully vaccinated guests, indoors or outdoors. While we do not require proof of vaccination, we do expect those who are not fully vaccinated to wear face coverings while indoors. We encourage all guests to keep a safe distance between travel parties, and we remain focused on maintaining the highest cleanliness and sanitization standards.

https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/plan-your-visit/safety-faqs
They are just asking for problems. It would have so much easier to require proof of vaccination to enter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter