Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Standby” Added to Wait Times in My Disney Experience App, Could FastPass+ Return Soon (or Paid Option)

Disney has implemented an update in the My Disney Experience app that may suggest that a skip-the-line option may be returning soon.

I really wonder how they'd willy nilly roll this out - the whole ability to get the fastpasses you want is all about time/when you're going, so for trips that generally within that normal fastpass booking timeframe... are they SOL? Does everyone get the same shot?

I would be PISSED if so. Honestly, I don't mind not having any FastPass system (even though I consider myself pretty solid at nabbing them), the waits are shorter without them!

I really wonder how they'd willy nilly roll this out - the whole ability to get the fastpasses you want is all about time/when you're going, so for trips that generally within that normal fastpass booking timeframe... are they SOL? Does everyone get the same shot?

I would be PISSED if so. Honestly, I don't mind not having any FastPass system (even though I consider myself pretty solid at nabbing them), the waits are shorter without them!

Yeah, the rollout could be interesting. If FP+ comes back before our trip (which is well within 60 days from now), I hate to think of the mess that surely would ensue on the website/app that day. Disney IT at its finest! 😂 At this point, I’m totally okay going without FP+. It seems that most people who have visited without FP+ didn’t miss it at all. At this point, I’d rather more guest experiences, shows, restaurants, and fireworks return before FP+.

Yeah, the rollout could be interesting. If FP+ comes back before our trip (which is well within 60 days from now), I hate to think of the mess that surely would ensue on the website/app that day. Disney IT at its finest! 😂 At this point, I’m totally okay going without FP+. It seems that most people who have visited without FP+ didn’t miss it at all. At this point, I’d rather more guest experiences, shows, restaurants, and fireworks return before FP+.

I'm in that boat - I've gone twice during COVID and the waits have been infinitely better. Now obviously some of this is because of literal attendance numbers, but the ratio of FP+ folks getting in line to standby folks is high enough that it just clogs stuff up. Not to mention some of these rides have a terrible return on FP but also need a FP (looking at you test track).

Idk, maybe I'm in the minority.

I'm in that boat - I've gone twice during COVID and the waits have been infinitely better. Now obviously some of this is because of literal attendance numbers, but the ratio of FP+ folks getting in line to standby folks is high enough that it just clogs stuff up. Not to mention some of these rides have a terrible return on FP but also need a FP (looking at you test track).

Idk, maybe I'm in the minority.

How to roll it out is the million $ question. Perhaps they can follow the lead of the dining reservations and shorten the window. Making it 15/30 instead of 30/60 may help, or limiting them for a couple days to those with onsite hotel stays only and then opening it up to everyone else. I don't know what they'll do, but these are just a couple ideas off the top of my head.

As crowds increase, even with more experiences showing up, I would think they'd need/want FP+ coming back. Only so much waiting in the summer sun that people will be willing to take imo.

How to roll it out is the million $ question. Perhaps they can follow the lead of the dining reservations and shorten the window. Making it 15/30 instead of 30/60 may help, or limiting them for a couple days to those with onsite hotel stays only and then opening it up to everyone else. I don't know what they'll do, but these are just a couple ideas off the top of my head.

As crowds increase, even with more experiences showing up, I would think they'd need/want FP+ coming back. Only so much waiting in the summer sun that people will be willing to take imo.

After the boo bash debacle I don’t have much faith in them trying to make it better and easier. I’m afraid It’ll probably be a free for all. It’d be nice if they staggered it so their systems don’t crash.

Yeah, I can just see the outrage now. I really wonder how you change the window without putting a solid group of people at a disadvantage... it'll be interesting.

Also someone correct me if I'm wrong, but its something like 3 FP+ parties to every 1 Standby line party, I'm not necessarily sure FP+ saves anyone time outside of potentially putting more folks in line inside a building (a la Space Mountain). Maybe I'm off - but just from watching vloggers you can really tell how much FP+ slows things down, especially between your FP reservations.

Yeah, I can just see the outrage now. I really wonder how you change the window without putting a solid group of people at a disadvantage... it'll be interesting.

Also someone correct me if I'm wrong, but its something like 3 FP+ parties to every 1 Standby line party, I'm not necessarily sure FP+ saves anyone time outside of potentially putting more folks in line inside a building (a la Space Mountain). Maybe I'm off - but just from watching vloggers you can really tell how much FP+ slows things down, especially between your FP reservations.

Part of it is perception, and part of it is planning. Being able to have shorter waits at 3 attractions, and then maybe going on a couple other long wait rides and/or doing shows is something that a lot of guests do. Some people like it and some don't. With proper planning though it does reduce wait times overall for individual guests imo... Just unfortunately many don't properly plan it.

I desperately miss FP+. We go frequently enough that we do our 3, play the refresh game to maybe get a few extras, then leave and enjoy the resort/springs. FP+ definitely benefitted those who knew how to "work the system", but for those of us that could, waits were always minimal. It's weird now having to go wait in real lines for extended periods of time :scared:

We actually took a resort only trip last month because we just didn't have an interest in doing the standby lines over a weekend. Obviously if FP dies we will adjust, but I miss it dearly.

Also please nobody tell my husband about the arcades. We are going to just let him think those are still closed for the time being! :rotfl2:

I desperately miss FP+. We go frequently enough that we do our 3, play the refresh game to maybe get a few extras, then leave and enjoy the resort/springs. FP+ definitely benefitted those who knew how to "work the system", but for those of us that could, waits were always minimal. It's weird now having to go wait in real lines for extended periods of time :scared:

We actually took a resort only trip last month because we just didn't have an interest in doing the standby lines over a weekend. Obviously if FP dies we will adjust, but I miss it dearly.

Also please nobody tell my husband about the arcades. We are going to just let him think those are still closed for the time being! :rotfl2:

Yep, this is exactly the plan that many experienced users took. It's a laid back way to get done what you want and relax about the rest. It's a lot easier to do with FP+ than without.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter