Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
List of Character Meet and Greets (Selfie Spots) Returning to Walt Disney World in November 2021

Magic Kingdom

• Cinderella and Elena – Princess Fairytale Hall
  • Mickey Mouse – Town Square Theater
  • Rapunzel and Tiana – Princess Fairytale Hall
EPCOT

No meet and greet opportunities

Disney’s Hollywood Studios

• Minnie Mouse – Red Carpet Dreams
  • Disney Junior Pals – Animation Courtyard
Disney’s Animal Kingdom

Odd about Epcot--we saw Belle and Aurora (separate appearances) both in the area Belle always posed in France. That was just last Friday.

List of Character Meet and Greets (Selfie Spots) Returning to Walt Disney World in November 2021

Magic Kingdom

• Cinderella and Elena – Princess Fairytale Hall
  • Mickey Mouse – Town Square Theater
  • Rapunzel and Tiana – Princess Fairytale Hall
EPCOT

• Minnie Mouse – Red Carpet Dreams
  • Disney Junior Pals – Animation Courtyard
Disney’s Animal Kingdom

Odd about Epcot--we saw Belle and Aurora (separate appearances) both in the area Belle always posed in France. That was just last Friday.
the list is for ones coming in “November” in addition to some of the pop ups like the princesses in Epcot among others who I don’t think have official meet times but are just there

On Day 3 of Genie, Disney Changes Protocol for Rise of the Resistance Lightning Lane Availability

Understandably, Resort Guests were unhappy with the fact that they held absolutely no advantage over Day Guests. Well, now it looks like what we saw in the first two days of Disney Genie operations has changed to give Resort Guests the advantage that they thought they would have.

This morning, we watched to see if the protocol of refilling availability would continue, but it looks like Disney did not refill availability when the Day Guest booking window opened at 9am.
yeah this new system is better. Also, you can try to make rope drop, and if you get to rope drop and you are little bit late and it's already 45 minutes, you can buy Rise ILL$.

One thing about this Genie+ has me slightly confused - is it similar to the Express Pass @ Universal, in other words if I've purchase Genie+ can I just proceed to the Lightening Lane OR do I have to designate a ride first, and then proceed to that ride's Lightening Lane? I understand about needing to purchase LL for a select few rides per park, but I'm fussed over how it works for the REST of the rides/experiences with Genie +

One thing about this Genie+ has me slightly confused - is it similar to the Express Pass @ Universal, in other words if I've purchase Genie+ can I just proceed to the Lightening Lane OR do I have to designate a ride first, and then proceed to that ride's Lightening Lane? I understand about needing to purchase LL for a select few rides per park, but I'm fussed over how it works for the REST of the rides/experiences with Genie +
It's similar to FP. The only difference is you only get to pick the return time they show you.

✨TGIF✨ | ✨Disney Palace✨ Amino

Today is my 60 day mark as well. Got most of my ADRs, and at the times I had hoped for. Only one I missed - Ohana for breakfast on our check out day. :(

I called to add horseback riding to our trip. . . they estimated the hold time as 2 hours, thankfully it got picked up in about 15 minutes. So, that is booked too for Christmas morning.

I'm kind of excited. . . . . .seems more real.

58 days to Universal / 60 days to WDW. . .

Happy Friday Everyone! 🥳

77A369A5-4443-4901-9B93-2F22C3A79F63.gif

Things I don’t understand - Disney Edition.

Still waiting on a few more restaurants - Hoop de Doo, Flying Fish, 1900, and Jiko… why aren’t they open yet?! Oh and Garden Grill and Crystal Palace breakfast… what does a person have to do to get some Pooh around here?! My head is spinning over this. Literally and figuratively!

57D0D8DE-A76D-4B80-9111-24D6883F2FBF.gif

So… you’re standing at Wilderness Lodge Boat Dock and all you want to do is get to Contemporary… but where’s the boat?!? It’s not running yet. What the hell are we supposed to do? Swim there?!?

76631CD3-97D5-4669-92DC-DE38B4E638F2.gif

And don’t get me started on the Trams… so let me get this straight… you’re telling me I need to walk around the park for hours and then walk all the way back to my car?!? You know damn well only about 5 people paid for “Premium Parking!!” For what we’re paying, someone should be carrying us back to our cars until you get those Trams back out there!!!!

6DB9DB57-956B-434B-BBD2-1BECCC30C545.gif

Oh!! Oohhh! And Parades?!?? How hard could it be to throw in a few more floats into the “Cavalcade?!?!” Yeah I’m talking to YOU, Bob Cheepskate!!!

I’ll create my own Main Street entertainment, thank you very much!

Did I mention we’re still waiting for Fantasmic to return? I’m confused… isn’t Disney World’s sole purpose to provide rides AND shows you can’t get anywhere else?! What does one do, when you only get one out of the two?!

77FEDCE7-7102-42D1-BFEE-C9556D128C1F.gif

Note to Disney: you can’t see bioluminescence in daylight!! We’re going to need the AK hours extended. Pronto. I’ll do whatever I have to do here guys… even if i’m just dancing in the dark!

Park Hopping… remember when you could hop whenever you wanted? Yeah, we want that back.

430F341E-A46A-4D4D-8CE6-097B9099B1FC.gif

Still so much we want back, but I need to do a bit more butt shaking to get the News Gods on our side!!

B93EC7DF-F182-4240-A349-F906D30F8BE1.gif

And of course, the Grand Finale!! I promise I won’t stop till I drop!!!! We Got This Guys!!! 💃🏻

6906803D-1599-4CE2-88A6-424ACC7E4C3D.gif

It's a good thing it's not Monday because if it were it sounds like @mrsap is in for a long week! HAHAHA!
My husband looked at the new app for the first time last night while looking for his post-race party ticket. To say he's mad about the costs associated with IA and Genie+ is an understatement. It will be an uphill battle to continue to book trips here instead of other places (and here he had finally given in and supported my obsession). I REALLY hope I get a survey on my runDisney trip.

Individual Lightning Lane Prices Increase for the Weekend at Walt Disney World

Magic Kingdom

• Seven Dwarfs Mine Train: $12 (previously $10)
  • Space Mountain: $9 (previously $7)

EPCOT

• Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure $11 (previously $8)
  • Frozen Ever After $11 (previously $9)

• Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance: $15 (stays at $15)
  • Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway: $10 (previously $8)

Disney’s Animal Kingdom

• Avatar Flight of Passage: $14 (previously $11)
  • Expedition Everest: $7 (stays at $7)

Magic Kingdom

EPCOT

Disney’s Animal Kingdom

It will be interesting to see see if prices go back down for weekdays.

Magic Kingdom

EPCOT

Disney’s Animal Kingdom

I’m actually surprised that Rise stayed at $15 with how quickly it sells out..

Magic Kingdom

EPCOT

Disney’s Animal Kingdom

Who in their ever-loving mind would pay $7 for Space Mountain, let alone $9?! And don’t get me started on EE, who even needs FP or LL or whatever they want to call it this week for EE?!

Who in their ever-loving mind would pay $7 for Space Mountain, let alone $9?! And don’t get me started on EE, who even needs FP or LL or whatever they want to call it this week for EE?!

I paid $200 this past weekend because Space Mountain ate my phone! I ordered a new one that night from the hotel. Disney did find it within 24 hours, but I already bought the new one so.... 😁

Pay it for solo trips or 2-3 party group is one thing… but for larger groups kind of hard… will see how it evolves… hopefully Disney will receive a lot of feedback on it through the surveys and the emails that guests can send directly…

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter