Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Port Orleans Reopening Date and
More Announced

• Disney’s All-Star Music Resort for arrivals beginning Sept. 16
  • Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside for arrivals beginning Oct. 14
  • Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter for arrivals beginning Oct. 28
  • Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort for arrivals beginning Dec. 9
Hurrah! Music is reopening! I now know where i'll be in December. If i'm let out/in.

Call me crazy but I’m a little sad. I rented DVC points for our January trip at Kidani but probably would have booked Port Orleans if I had known it would be open. I love it there.
I know we will have a great time at Kidani though . There’s always a next time!

We did exact same, staying at Wilderness! I’m hoping to add a night at PO before moving to our DVC rental.

The resorts are available on the website now - just changed ours to POFQ! Good luck everyone!!!

I took a quick look and ouch on those rates! I remember choking at having to pay rack rate fall 2019 at 250 a night. Now it’s near $400 for a similar time frame. I love POFQ, but I don’t love it $400 a night.

Hopefully by the time we return they will have had to put out some decent discounts.

I took a quick look and ouch on those rates! I remember choking at having to pay rack rate fall 2019 at 250 a night. Now it’s near $400 for a similar time frame. I love POFQ, but I don’t love it $400 a night.

Hopefully by the time we return they will have had to put out some decent discounts.
I love Port Orleans as well, but I wouldn't pay $400 a night to stay there. That's crazy, especially since there are little to no perks for staying onsite anymore. Disney is really pushing the envelope.

I love Port Orleans as well, but I wouldn't pay $400 a night to stay there. That's crazy, especially since there are little to no perks for staying onsite anymore. Disney is really pushing the envelope.

Agreed, but for now at least, there are more than enough that will. I can’t clutch my pearls too tightly when I look at what I’m paying to stay in a glorified travel trailer. It’s a one-off though, we won’t be doing that again. Rates are just going to have to come down or perks are going to have to increase for me to book another trip.

Staying off site just isn’t an option for me although I readily admit there’s no incentive not to outside of those few resorts that allow easier access to the MK and whatever value there is to 30 minutes ee.

That's about the same price as my stay at Boardwalk Inn next month. Insane!

That’s not on WDW site. It still says up to 3 guests. For now at least. Not confirmed to change until WDW announces.
View attachment 587735

Whether it changes or not IMO ( and I have young kids still) its really not that big of a deal since the whole point of rider swap is so everyone in the party can ride with a similar wait time, not so multiple people can re ride.

It is still overall better than Universals where the whole family has to wait in line the whole time and then they have the rider swap room for those waiting to ride. It really sucks when you have babys/toddlers sleeping in a stroller and now have to wake them and carry them through the line, or have to take young kids into some of those queues that are dark and scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter