• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2024 Edition

The Spaceship Earth refurb that was announced at D23 has officially been canceled. I saw Alicia (blogger who has been doing excellent coverage of Epic Universe) discussing how Spaceship Earth is next after Test Track but she isn't 100% sure of that.

I know that Time Racers didn't fit to well with the "spirt" of the original idea of Epcot... but it sure sounded like a cool ride idea - twenty years ago now. And many aspects of it did make there way into the Energy Pavilion "redo" with Guardians.

Disclaimer: I'm a recovering bean counter so I may be a bit sensitive but....

If the CEO announces it, then the bean counters will provide the money. However, just because the CEO announces it doesn't mean that the plan is final. Plans are just that and they can change time and time again. That's why they are called plans. The changes can be based on many different things.

Well there’s a level below plans on the hierarchy called “ideas”. Plans are more solid than ideas, unless you are Disney, then you just call everything blue sky and pretend it was never mentioned a few years later.

Did I see something about a new bus line coming soon? Like WDW to MCO, but like only every 30 minutes for $2.

Did I see something about a new bus line coming soon? Like WDW to MCO, but like only every 30 minutes for $2.
Lynx (local transit) is running a new line connecting MCO, Uni, I-Drive and Disney Springs.

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/l...nks-orlandos-airport-to-tourist-destinations/

Tbh I don't see this being practical for most people. It drops off at Disney Springs but you can't board Disney transportation with luggage so you would need to get a rideshare from there anyway. The total would be cheaper but that sounds like a lot of hassle just to save a few dollars.

Lynx (local transit) is running a new line connecting MCO, Uni, I-Drive and Disney Springs.

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/l...nks-orlandos-airport-to-tourist-destinations/

Tbh I don't see this being practical for most people. It drops off at Disney Springs but you can't board Disney transportation with luggage so you would need to get a rideshare from there anyway. The total would be cheaper but that sounds like a lot of hassle just to save a few dollars.

More useful to going to Universal for a day while staying on Disney property, but it'll depend on hours of the bus.

More useful to going to Universal for a day while staying on Disney property, but it'll depend on hours of the bus.

Supposedly it is running every 30 minutes, and with the transit time involved in getting a bus to Disney Springs, then connecting...idk.

I read they will start at 5 am. If I'm going for rope drop though it still will only help on the way back because resort buses don't start running to springs that early

Even then, an uber or lyft would be better. Also, getting dropped off at the front of city walk makes it such a hassle.

Just so I understand, are you saying the bus will drop off at the entrance of CW? If so, that's way better than uber way up on the top of the parking ramp IMO.

Yeah does seem like a hassle, especially for families with all those bags.
For the first time our family took a Lyft from MCO to Boardwalk on our most recent trip. We always took Magical Express (miss that baggage service) and then Mears/Sunshine Flyer.
Understanding there is surge pricing (which we didn't encounter) it was about $50+tip and the driver asked if we wanted to stop anywhere.
So for a family of 5 (this time grandma came) this worked out beautifully...door to door...no stops at other resorts. Landed at MCO 1:52 and was at Boardwalk Joe's (after gathering luggage and Bell services drop-off) at 3:00pm downing a Captains Seaside Sensation.
Going forward there will be no other way to go for us (unless Magical Express comes back with that luggage service).

Tbh I don't see this being practical for most people. It drops off at Disney Springs but you can't board Disney transportation with luggage so you would need to get a rideshare from there anyway. The total would be cheaper but that

Not 100% true. Taken luggage on Disney buses several times on our way to/from DS. Have also done so on the Skyliner.

Not 100% true. Taken luggage on Disney buses several times on our way to/from DS. Have also done so on the Skyliner.

Yes, I’ve seen a ton of roll on luggage on the Monorail this past year, but she is correct that it is against the rules.

Shogun is an amazing and expensive show which you can tell that :) (we still have cable and record it to fast forward through through commercials) but thank goodness Disney themselves isn't trying to be the ones to do it. It needs a grittier production company and people involved. FX also has American Horror Story among other shows.

I didn't know the story but this last episode, makes me wish I had- so I could have skipped it.

No, I believe it's going to drop you off at the same area.

As Uber? Not possible, that's top level of the parking ramp. If it pulls into the bus lanes where Uber used to go, that's as close as you can get to US.

I didn't know the story but this last episode, makes me wish I had- so I could have skipped it.
Oh really? I thought it was so good. Very interesting and unusual way to end. Says so much about the characters without spelling things out

Hate to see the boneyard going... if you don't have small kids you wouldn't get it but when I say my kids can spend two hours in there and not get bored I am not exaggerating.

Wait, is it going or being reimagined? That place was a lifesaver.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter